1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Is he double the play Oh is?

Does he have double the potential?

He sounds like an £8m player to me.

We keep worrying about the bank balance.

We could easily spend £8m on *.

stew37 and Crilly like this.
  2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbf there could be some wiggle room there.

3. kenniemk2

Watch no one come in for him and norwich come back with the begging bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. henriks tongue

A good benchmark at £8M is Edouard, has Idah scored the goals, shown the same skills, generated the same excitement as French Eddy?
    Not even close for me.

Remember Idah isn't good enough for Norwich, neither was Cantwell.

Idah is decent but no more than that, a fee of £8M it's simply too rich v what can be recruited from elsewhere for similar outlay.
    Huge mistake not agreeing a fee at same time as loan, likely would have been £3-£4M max.

BhoyFitz and James Mc like this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Can’t see the board paying 8 million for him.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

Edouard was 6 years ago. Agree though Idah doesn’t look as good a prospect and yes think we should have a look around but think 6 to 7 million is probably pretty fair in todays inflated market.

7. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

For £8m we have to be buying someone who will start every week and has potential to earn his multiple times that in a future transfer. As long as Kyogo is around he'd still always be first choice for me over Idah and I don't see Idah having the potential to make any sort of big profit. I'd still rather buy Miovski for half the money.

Dublin Celt and Peej like this.
  8. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thats one way to look at it, the other is we sold one of our brightest prospects in 2019 for 25m (Teirney) and then 4 years later our next brightest prospect is still only worth 25m (Jota).

9. Foley1888

That is a ridiculous price and no way we should pay that for Idah. He made a great impact but was very raw at times with his finishing.

See if we sign Idah it wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out more Samaras than Edouard. A bit hit and miss, when he’s on it unplayable but that is mixed in with a number of really poor performances.

I would say Idah’s time with us was largely like that he had a number of big performances played well but a number where he was woeful and couldn’t do anything right.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I wasn't saying earlier I think we should pay £8m. But it's hardly surprising that's what is being asked.

We are literally talking about getting half of that for Oh after a season in Korea and doing * all here.

Potentially £6m for Johnston.

BhoyFitz and Random Review like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    8 mill. Can deffo get better value elsewhere..

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    While I would say Idah would be pricey at £8m, if Oh is a £4m player then Idah probably is a £8m player.

I also don't trust our recruitment to get better for less.

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I would disagree mate and i will try to make my point as good as possible with my broken english.

Oh probably have more first team football than Idah. He plays for a club who are Champions League regulars, competing with a quality striker like Kyogo for game time. He have been spoken of as a big talent in Korea. Idah have been sitting on the bench his whole career, and just had a wee cameo with Celtic (which where he was very good) being contracted by a * club playing for nothing in the english championsship.

If Idah is worth 8 million, Oh is as well imo. Which none of them obviously are.

The 8m price tag is down to One single thing and that is the fact he is being owned by a english club. * them.

I love Idah but we could literally buy a 21 year old promising striker from a club like PSG for that cash like we did with Eddy. I would genuinely think that a 4m price tag for Idah would be very, very steept as well. There is zero% chance that we will sign him for this hilariously ridiculous fee, and the club wont do that obviously.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    NomDePlum likes this.
  14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fees don't generally work that way though. I'd guess Genk weren't the only club in for him and the keenest. That's why we got £4m.

Not long ago when we were selling Juranovic he was a £20m+ player to most on here as he was Croatian, playing in the WC, and somewhere in world football someone slightly similar had went for £20m+. He went for £10m, probably less, which was a good price.

If we are, and I don't think we are, looking at options in the ~£8m mark then nothing to say that we won't pay more than that for the right one.

At £8m that's not Idah. He's a £4/5m player tops and he's added £3m of that being with us.

Skelleto likes this.
  15. Bangarangura

Could definitely get better out there for the price. Idahs decision making is terrible at times

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Never worth £8M, get Miovski in and if let Norwich sweat it out till nearer end of window.

Morcombe likes this.
  17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Prices are all over the place at the moment. I was one of the ones who wanted to loan Oh out, because I thought he had some potential; but even I'm a bit surprised at £4 million. If Oh and Johnston really do go for a combined £10 million, that puts the fee being talked about for Idah into some perspective. Idah is worth more to us than the combination of Oh and Johnston. If we can essentially swap them for Idah, that's great business in financial terms.

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I would say that the majority of the fan base would never have believed that we would have received anything like the fees being quoted for the two boys mentioned.

Genuinely would have expected half of the prices we are rumoured to be getting for them. I like Idah and I think he will be a Celtic player because I think that there will be negotiation and the clubs will compromise on him. I do believe we could go to the continent and get a far more prolific scorer, around the same age for the sort of fee they're looking for Idah. Pretty sure Moumbagna from Bodo went for £7m to Marseille.

The scouting department is a huge problem, for us. It needs vastly upgraded and it needs significantly gutted. There is also the reality that it takes a significant portion out of a budget that will probably be lower than most of us believe it needs to be.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If you're making that comparison

Eddy - 11 goals in 29

Idah - 9 goals in 19

Eddie did not do much at Toulouse the year before joining us but did brilliant at youth level

Idah was fairly quiet at Norwich before coming to us and I don't know anything about his youth career.

8 million would be a big price to pay, but he did well here, fit the system and is still young and developing so I'd not be against it but would prefer to pay less

Hammy89, stew37 and honda like this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So the difference is he's not got a fancy French name? :56: