1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

he needs to get up to speed the English league is behind us in starting and when it did start he didn't play as they knew he was leaving i think he will come into his element in the winter months

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You would think so yes. I would be surprised if he didn't.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Big man starts against England

Crilly likes this.
  4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Not doing his team any favours so far.. needs to do a bit more

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What can he do? Ingurland have 78% possession, men against boys here

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good he's getting some more minutes in the legs, that's about it, thus far..

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Run for a start.. look half interested.. hit in to someone or something

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Run:56: that's all he's done, I still don't think he's match fit, looks shattered, I was surprised when I seen him start

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Run to where.. :56:

Ireland have had hardly any of the ball

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Bit more effort and urgency in his play, not expecting miracles but it's England at home and he just looked disinterested.. if he offered up that first half performance away to Dortmund he would be in for criticism on here to be fair

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He offered very little out ball to team mates. Far from all him but Brady roaring at him for not giving him any option during first half was indicative of his performance

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I honestly thought he tried his heart out, just got zero service.. Ireland were really poor and England are more than decent tbf.. he was totally isolated at times.

eire4, PaddyJamieson and Dublin Celt like this.
  13. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    75 mins in his legs will do him good.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  14. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I wonder if Brady thought idah should’ve got onto all the balls that he booted out of play :giggle1:
    In fairness to idah as a lone striker for Ireland when they’re being dominated there’s not too much you can do. Amount of times the ball would go up the pitch and he’d have no teammates near him. Plenty of times last year Evan ferguson looked dogshite just due to the * team around him.
    Still don’t think Idah looks 100% so it’s good for him to get more minutes in the legs

Dublin Celt likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Apparently he was holding his hamstring before he went off. I never saw the match but read it elsewhere

16. henriks tongue

Idah fitness and sharpness is still lacking, it's pretty clear he didn't do much at Norwich so playing catch up with us.
    Zero service to be fair but in any one on one dual against admittedly excellent England defence, he lost it, often seemingly avoiding the battle?

I still have a worry about his application generally.

Hopefully in a few weeks he's up and running at full tilt again and Brendan has him tuned in both physically and mentally.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    Dublin Celt likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

He was starved of any decent service or support but the little he had to do he didn't do very well. Lost the physical battle and couldn't keep hold of the ball at all. Tbh, in general he looked a little bit like he couldn't be arsed.

Still think he's getting up to speed and obviously in a Celtic side that has most of the ball he's a different animal.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No chance will he be giving 100% right now. 10 days to champions league. He'll be buzzing for that chance and won't want to risk a silly international injury.

Or he just played *.

19. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We are going to have to give this boy time.

Imagine coming here on loan in January and the general consensus was who? A Celtic supporter plunged into a situation where we really needed to win every game after our mid season blip. Scoring important goals that helped win the title and then the last minute cup winning goal that writes your name in the history books.

How much of a high must that have been?

Then the manager publicly says he wants you permanently. So it was obvious that in private he was told we were bringing him here full time.

Back at his parent club they had changed manager, but Idah knows we want him and he would’ve been just waiting for it happen. We go with a lowball offer and it turns into a saga instead of going straight in at £6-7 million and putting it to bed early and letting him get his preseason with us.

His preseason was then far from ideal and I dare say his head would’ve been all over the place. We ended up paying a million or so over the odds because we left so late and panicked after Kyogo hit the turf at Easter Road.

So, we spend top dollar on the boy after the first week of the season. He’s missed all of our build up and arrives, at the time, as pretty much our most expensive signing. No pressure!

We know what he is capable of and he will get into his stride eventually, but I think it’ll take until October for him to get really motoring again.

In the meantime the media will start to sow seeds of discontent and discord by saying he’s not up to the price tag. Many of the dedicated non thinkers will believe it and get on his back on social media. It’s started today after the international game yesterday. That Football Insider lot are sticking the boot in already. Get ready for more of the same. It’ll be relentless until he gets a couple of goals under his belt.

Due to the ridiculous events of the summer and a signing that could’ve been sorted in June, it has hampered his full time start with us.

We need to be patient and he will deliver again.

Cammaris, HTG and Taz like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    One goal and he’ll be sound. Boils down to that for me I think.

But I think you can see Kyogo’s looking over his shoulder, and the impact of that on him is something we can’t discount as well. He’s at his best when he needs to prove he is, similar to when GG could seamlessly step in for him.