1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Do you think that's two playing together... A la Larsson/ Sutton?

Or is it "two main strikers in case one gets crocked or goals dont come".

I never mind BR using two "strikers", always a main goal threat and a 2nd fiddle striker, with a third for cover

2. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    "I think my ideal scenario was to have three, was to have Kyogo, one other one and bring through a young player.

“That was the role we came up for at Rocco. It’s very difficult for a club of this size to have three number one strikers. You can live with two because we play so many games and the specific nature of the games then we can change it about. Three is very difficult. But I also think for development I want to bring some young, maybe a player from within.

“Rocco was that but he’s moved on. So we may have to look elsewhere. But three is a really good number. Two, I would say to be number one strikers, and one that we can nurture and develop.
    "

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Anxiety lessened lol

Artorias and Celts88 like this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Chill mate...we ain't selling Kyogo because we bought Idah..

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Afternoon Phillipe

6. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo Furuhashi
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Surely Idah is in Scotland now? if he’s on the bench for Norwich tonight I’ll lose the place

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
  9. themouth1888

Was there no a story with Scott Sinclair that he couldn't agree terms after us telling BR we would sign him and Rodgers had to tell the board to * up? Rodgers really should have got a warning then.

10. ML6

Apparently travelled up early hours of this morning after the bid was accepted last night.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yes. Apparently Rodgers went above Lawwell’s head and Desmond told Lawwell to get the finger out and do the deal.

Tried the same move when we wouldn’t cough up for McGinn and some full back I can’t remember and was told both times that Desmond didn’t want to hear it. I still think that’s when Rodgers decided to leave - he didn’t mind having to fight his corner with the board, until he realised Desmond was no longer in his corner.

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Embarrassing effort on your part.

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Think the fullback was Christian Piccini, from Sporting. The fee was agreed but we refused to deal on his terms and he signed for Valencia. It was the final year, same as the McGinn fiasco.

Tommy25 and McGrory1888 like this.
  14. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Believe Piccini didn't go so well when he didn't go to Celtic, and told lots of people Celtic was his last choice but Spain was first, 51 games during 4 season at Valencia (did have an injury), and then loan Atalanta, but why let that ruin a good whinge about PL.

BR himself has said plenty of times it was McGinn who wanted to be playing full time and chose Villa because BR wouldn't give this, but again all PL's fault.

Amazing how stories can grow and grow when 'apparently' is included at the start.

Damnati likes this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Norwich City striker Adam Idah is set to undergo his Celtic medical in London on Tuesday afternoon, sources have told Football Insider.

Football Insider revealed (August 13) that the two clubs have reached a full agreement for the 23-year-old over a deal worth £8.5m plus £1m of add-ons.

Idah has already agreed personal terms with the Scottish Champions and is set to permanently move to the club he spent the second half of last season on loan.

The Republic of Ireland international managed to score nine goals in 19 appearances during his six months at Celtic, making it his most prolific spell as a professional footballer.

The club have been desperate to bring in another striker to help Japanese striker Kyogo Furuhashi, who is their only senior frontline option.

Football Insider also revealed (August 10) that manager Brendan Rodgers was the main driving force behind brining Idah back to Celtic Park.

Idah has only managed to score 17 goals in 115 appearances for Norwich City despite being prolific in his boyhood club’s youth ranks

Barring any hiccups, the Glasgow giants have got their number one target as they seek to retain their Scottish Premier League title.

Celts88 likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I didn't "whinge about PL".... I said that we had apparently agreed a fee with Valencia and we couldn't agree terms. Had we agreed terms with him, Valencia wouldn't have been able to sign him because we would have gotten in their first. I've just googled 'Christian Piccini and Celtic' and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Celtic were his 'last choice'. I can't find a single shred of evidence anywhere that he told pals anything with regards to us. But, hey, why let a good bit of truth spoil you're utter nonsense.

It is a well known fact that we wanted to sign McGinn, we believed McGinn would want to come to us over anyone else and we gambled over a few hundred thousand pounds, thus resulting in a free signing of Mulumbu from Kilmarnock. The buck for that stops with Peter Lawwall and any attempt to dispel that is utter nonsense. In fact, here's a few direct quotes from John McGinn over the whole Celtic transfer fiasco..

And by the time Celtic did match Aston Villa’s £3million offer, he had already decided to move to England.

He said: “When that first offer comes in you start thinking, ‘It’s done, it’s going to happen’.

“So it was just a waiting game — the longest waiting game ever it ended up being.

“I’ve ended up back with Hibs for pre-season and it was, ironically, Neil Lennon who was Hibs manager at the time.

“They were amazing. It’s not a popular decision if you go from Hibs to Celtic. But everyone had an understanding that it was what I wanted and respected that I wouldn’t kick the door down.

“I wouldn’t want to ruin what I’d built at Hibs. I thought it had to work both ways. Initially it was not happening like that.

“We ended up getting a wee bit more guarantees that things were going to progress.

“I remember driving to a European qualifier.

“I’d been told, ‘Celtic are going to make an offer today’, and not to play in the game. That I’d be cup tied for the European games coming up for Celtic.

“So I’m waiting all day, nothing happens.

“I am going round these winding roads in the Faroe Islands, not knowing if I’m playing in the game or not. To be fair to Leeann Dempster and everyone at Hibs, they were waiting as well.

“The offer didn’t come, for whatever reason.

“I remember speaking to the manager, then my dad and agent.

“I just thought, ‘You know what? I’m playing in the game. Nothing’s happened’.

“I played, scored that night and it was a good performance in a bit of a wild game.

“I was proud of myself because I thought, ‘This isn’t right, I need to play in this game’.

“I believed in myself as a player. If someone wants me they can try a bit harder to get me.”

McGinn admits events of that summer hit his Celtic-daft family hard — but has no regrets.

And the Scotland midfielder says Aston Villa’s “perfect” handling of his transfer made it an easy call.

He told Graham Hunter’s Big Interview Podcast: “That was a hard moment because I remember speaking to my mum and dad and we’d resigned ourselves to defeat with Celtic.

“I still, in my head, wanted to play for Celtic, no doubt.

That's a direct quote from his interview with Graham Hunters podcast that you can go on youtube and watch right now. I've literally just watched it and would be happy to send you a link and the time of where he discusses the failed move to us. Doesn't mention playing time, doesn't mention not being first choice. Has there since been interviews where he has mentioned that crossed his mind? Probably and it wouldn't surprise me. The simple reality is that he wanted to come and play for us and had Celtic agreed the deal, he would have been a Celtic player. Again, the buck for that stops with Peter Lawwell.

Pick your battles better. I've been in here historically, ridiculing people who paint Peter Lawwell as some sort of prophet. I don't think he's at fault for anything much these days. He's a chairman who has very little to do with the running of the club. This nonsense about conspiracy theories of us deliberately sabotaging ourselves to keep Rangers competitive is utter nonsensical to me. However, the fact remains that while he was CEO, he made multiple mistakes in the transfer market and was responsible for clear errors of judgement. I also think he's responsible for the constant downsizing of the football club and it's hoarding of resources, initially.

Tommy25 and evilbunny1991 like this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I totally agree with you on all that. However for sure with Vata gone we have no young up and coming academy prospect who can fit that role. So either we go out and spend 1-2m on a young project who may or may not turn out well or we can go with Johnston if he is happy with that role.

The Prof likes this.
  18. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    I'm not picking any battle, it's a discussion forum and just having a discussion with differing opinions, nothing wrong with that, sorry, I'll be more careful of my wording in the future.

I said Piccini's first choice was Spain. That wouldn't be hard to believe since he had previously been at Betis, then to Sporting, then to Valencia,

I wouldn't believe a thing McGinn says. As he said so himself his family is Celtic daft so he has plenty of reasons to twist the truth to make himself look innocent while blaming Celtic. Also Rod Petrie was known to be a bit of an *, but in this instance he was an angel and only PL was to blame.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
  19. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Mioviski wasnt picking us over girona either if we're being honest

Rydo1888*, Artorias and Celts88 like this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Plus Idah has already proven he can play in and score big goals in big games. Conway has not. Idah has 26 international caps already many against top drawer opposition such as France and the Netherlands. Conway has 1 cap.

Tommy25, Rydo1888*, packybhoy and 3 others like this.