1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd rather have no strikers all year than sign that dirty hun * shankland.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Next person to suggest Shankland should be banned.. * *

Bonobhoy, McKagan, TESLA and 15 others like this.
  3. themouth1888

This * signed yet?

It's like when you're starving and order from uber eats and you can track your food and shows the wee guy is a minute from your house and 2 months later he's still no here. * sake Celtic.

I'm no hearing this Norwich road block nonsense. Idah was utter panic loan in January due to negligence anyway otherwise we wouldn't have taken him without a fee to buy inserted. But we left it far too late to have any leverage in negotiations.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
  4. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hurry the * up celtic

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. themouth1888

People saying about big bad Norwich upping their price.

If you were in charge of a club and seen the state we are up top with only a few weeks to go would you not up you price price as well?

6. vortex666

Can't help bit think if we has big guy the score would be 5 or 6 the day ..we're creating so many chances .

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

Honestly what the actual *

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Rodgers has been vocal in his desire to sign a new striker, but wouldn't take the Adam Idah bait when pushed ona move for last season's loan hero. The Norwich frontman was benched for the Canaries opening day defeat at Oxford United on Saturday with Celtic preparing a fresh offer
    However, Rodgers stuck to the script: "It's the same message. We know what we need to improve and hopefully we can do that over the three weeks we have. " Pushed on whether it could happen this week, Rodgers replied: "I don't know. I don;t know. Listen I have to respect that Adam's a Norwich player and I'm not going to go in too much about other club's players.

He came on yesterday for Norwich but my focus is on making sure we prepare the team. They're doing very, very well and two wins out of two is a very good start for us."

9. henriks tongue

Board playing a blinder....
    it's gone from start of window and Idah being one of few good options as back up to (or replace) Kyogo but ideally we'd like better
    to...
    Late in window, desperation kicks in - we urgently need him, he's going to be main man and answer all our prayers.
    When he does sign it will be like winning trophy for some.

I personally don't think he's the right guy due to lack of professionalism and often lazy/bad attitude
    But at this stage, it's a lot better than MJ as reserve striker.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
  10. TheHappyLoss

Think we all thought Bernardo and Idah were a given and would come in quickly and easily. They have taken an eternity and * all else to improve the positions every single Celtic fan have known need improved for an age. Took a huge risk the first two games and got away with it.

Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    “lack of professionalism and often lazy/bad attitude”, where have you got that from?

12. henriks tongue

Just look back at his recent Norwich career after fantastic start.
    3 years of unfulfilled potential and not even being included in mediocre Norwich match day squad, never mind first team - so loaned out.

This season, arriving unfit and overweight pre-season, missing a flight on tour and being disciplined etc.

This lad IS undoubtedly a talent, the challenge is getting best from him.
    BR might well be the man to do that, hopefully.

13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    After watching their game vs Oxford yesterday i fully understand why you dont want to get on a plane with the pathetic players they have. Matter of fact, it would be the best for everyone in Norwich if the plane crashed in the Austrian alps.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Think yer making that up

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    we know Rodgers will play the company line but or once I wish he would say how he feels ie the board are dealing with the situation but we need quality replacements in very soon and just leave it at that.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be fair, that was the rumour/story when Norwich returned to pre season training. It was all in here.
    Whether or not it was true is another matter, but it was the story doing the rounds at the time

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. henriks tongue

That's straight from Norwich fans on forums, he was also hooked after just 30mins of first pre season game so not exactly peak condition.

Look back at earlier threads here, Norwich fans were happy to get rid, talking about him lumbering around etc.

I desperately want him to be successful here, I just think Brendan (and Idah) will have to work very hard to get best from him.
    He's not like a Kyogo who arrives with an amazing work ethic and attitude already in place.

Bangarangura likes this.
  18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’m sure we’ve all been in the position where you hate where you work and desperately want out. I’ve no doubt Idah will work his bollox off when he gets his move to Celtic.

Aye it would make for better reading if he arrived at Pre-season in peak fitness but that would probably just drive the price up and make his move less likely.

The Prof, eire4 and The_Bhoy like this.
  19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I’ll judge him on his history with us, not at Norwich. And the 6 months he was here he was outstanding and worked hard for the team. Just think he’s desperate for the move and has realised it’s not gonna be made easy by Norwich even though like you say they didn’t want him before

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He sure arrived with a great work ethic and attitude last January and that was at a time when we were in trouble on the field and it is fair to say his signing on loan hardly did anything at the time to excite. It was a big risk for him personally but he came in and right from the get go played a big part in getting our season turned in the right direction.

AdamRS and The Prof like this.