1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. henriks tongue

And if he signs, he's 3 months in, Kyogo is smashing in the goals and he's only getting the last 15mins?
    • Downs tools and starts being disruptive? As he has before, a couple of times now....we end up with Griffith's, Cantwell type?
    • Works really hard and improves to move ahead of Kyogo? and we end up with fabulous player
    It's a huge risk - as Ange said, it's almost more about the person than the ability with player recruitment.

Maybe BR can coach and improve him both in terms of professionalism and technique - I really hope so, but I'd much rather players arrived here without that sort of baggage.
    To be fair, BR turned Broonies career around and him into a model professional, leader and legend - also Idah??

Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christ, talk about overreacting.

If he's starting to force a move then he's well within his rights. We've heard a few times that Norwich have moved the goalposts once or twice, regarding the fee they want from us.

They didn't want him a few months ago. He came here and he's adored by a large chunk of the support. He wants to come and we want him. Then all of a sudden his club (who were happy to get rid not long ago) are ripping the pish.

He's acted a lot more professionally than many would.

Tommy25, KRS-1888, HTG and 7 others like this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    100% agree.

Norwich can get *.

They didn't want him, didn't play him, punted him out on loan and now want to hold on to him/get a ridiculous fee that keeps changing.

They can treat him like that but he can't try force a move away to a club that wants him?

Tommy25, KRS-1888, The_Bhoy and 4 others like this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Who says that's going to happen?

Injuries will happen. Kyogo won't last the entirety of a season without missing games.

It'll be horses for course. Idah is made for Rugby Park. Kyogo isn't.

I'd even go mad and say that if we brought in Miovski, all three of them would get their fair share of games.

eire4, charlietully and honda like this.
  5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Who knows what was agreed or said in the background. To be honest I've followed idah for a few years and he doesn't strike me as a player to act the * like this but if Norwich hand isn't forced id expect them to look for stupid money for him and allow this rumble on to the deadline.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

eire4 likes this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic will submit a new bid for Adam Idah after Norwich rejected a £4m offer earlier in July, sources have told Football Insider.

The 23-year-old is pushing to join the Glasgow giants permanently after impressing on loan in the second half of last season.

Football Insider revealed (July 9) that Celtic had an offer for Idah rejected by Norwich but they remained interested in bringing the Irishman to the club.

Behind the scenes, sources say there are concerns at his parent club that the forward is trying to engineer a move to Parkhead.

Idah will be disciplined by Norwich after failing to turn up for the club’s flight for their pre-season camp in Austria on Sunday.

The Scottish giants are currently on their pre-season tour of the USA and have already beaten Premier League giants Man City and Chelsea ahead of the new Scottish Premier League season.

The Republic of Ireland international made a name for himself in Norwich’s youth teams before making his first team debut in 2019.

Idah has since gone on to represent his boyhood club 115 times and score 17 goals throughout his time in East Anglia

The striker’s time at Celtic during the second half of last season was the most prolific of his short career, scoring nine goals in just 19 appearances as he helped Celtic claim yet another Scottish Premier League title.

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    There will come a point where Norwich will have no option but to let Idah go, He wants to leave and seems to be pushing for it to go ahead, why keep a player who clearly is not happy and wants to move on?

Tommy25, Hammy89 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  9. TheHappyLoss

Guess it depends what their board is like. If anything like wee Fergus was I’d imagine they’d make it as difficult as possible. You’d think the * would be grateful they got Pukki from us and return the favour!

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Certainly given the amount of games we play over the course of a season there is plenty of games and playing time to go around for 2 strikers for sure. So unless we signed a third legit option up top that is not an issue IMHO.

11. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I agree that you don't want a player who does stuff like this. We've had problems in the past with players downing tools when they don't get the contract or move they want. Compare it with O'Reilly, who's been a consumate professional.

12. celtic20

I think you always raise an eyebrow when it comes to stuff like this from players.

On the outside, it looks pretty unprofessional. But you more or less forgive it because he's doing it likely because he wants to go to your club. But it's also important to remember he's dealing with a lot of frustration at Norwich and it sounds as though they've * him about a bit.

I know there's times at work when I've been unprofessional when I've been done over or felt some injustice from my manager etc. So can understand his anger at how this has all played out. I think Idah would've wanted to have been here for our tour of the US. Definitely for the first game of the season. Probably itching for the move to happen ASAP at this point.

Tommy25 and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hammy89 and DonnyCelt like this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are edging closer to a deal for Norwich City striker Adam Idah.

Canaries chiefs have already turfed out a £4million Hoops bid for last season’s Parkhead loan star.

But Norwich sources believe a deal could soon be struck to bring Idah back to Celtic - potentially in time for Sunday’s Premiership opener against Kilmarnock.

The Irishman is set to be disciplined by the Championship club after failing to make a flight to Austria for a pre-season training camp.

The 23-year-old is understood to be keen on a Celtic return and further talks are expected between the clubs in the coming days.

Idah was an instant hit after joining the Hoops in January and boss Brendan Rodgers wants him tied down on a permanent deal

Carrow Road boss Johannes Hoff Thorup revealed he will take internal action on Idah for "not following rules" ahead of the squad's trip to Austria.

The Canaries faced German outfit Hoffenheim in a friendly on Monday but the Republic of Ireland striker did not feature and sat in the stand instead.

Hoff Thorup said: “With Adam, there are some internal issues where he reported late for the flight on Sunday going to Austria

We decided he should come as quickly as possible

But of course he could not be part of this game because there are some things we can accept and there are some things we cannot accept.

“And this is a part we cannot accept."

Idah has hinted at a desire to return to Parkhead all summer.

Most notably when he was spotted on holiday with Hoops pal James Forrest and then last week when he posted a love heart emoji on social media after Celts’ friendly win over Chelsea in the USA.

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Like the Bernardo deal, I’ll believe it when I see it.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Hat trick v Killie incoming...

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The record saying near enough the same thing

Celtic are reportedly on the brink of signing Adam Idah on a permanent basis - with the striker in line to make his second debut for the club in Sunday's Premiership opener with Kilmarnock.

The champions have been locked in talks with Norwich City all summer, with Brendan Rodgers keen to bring the Republic of Ireland international back to Parkhead after a successful loan spell where he netted nine goals in 18 matches - including the winner against Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final. Idah himself has made it no secret that he wants to rejoin the Hoops, and was spotted on holiday with Hoops star James Forrest last month.

The 23-year-old is set to be disciplined by the Canaries for failing to make a flight for the club's pre-season camp in Austria. Norwich have already turned down an offer of £4million from Celtic for Idah but sources down south now claim that a deal could be completed within a matter of days.

The forward was left out of the squad for Monday's friendly clash against Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, with Carrow Road gaffer Johannes Hoff Thorup then revealing that before the game that player will be facing disciplinary action for not turning up to the airport on time. He said: "With Adam, there are some internal issues where he reported late for the flight on Sunday going to Austria.

"We decided he should come as quickly as possible. But of course he could not be part of this game because there are some things we can accept and there are some things we cannot accept. And this is a part we cannot accept."

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fingers crossed

Tommy25 likes this.