1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Palma

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 28, 2023.

Discuss Luis Palma in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jvalin

Per greek media, Panathinaikos were interested in Palma. Celtic were asking for north of €5m. Fwiw, Panathinaikos spent €20m this transfer window. If they want him, they should be able to afford him. They signed a winger from Man Utd for €6m and Tete (brazilian winger) for €7.25m. We were linked with Tete last season. The Palma links were after those signings. He's highly rated in Greece from his days at Aris.

2. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I quite like him. I think it’s unfair the criticism he gets. He is getting 10/15 mins randomly. Needs a run of decent game time to get sharpness back.

Yes some of his touches have been poor but to me it’s clear as day his vision, passing ability and he will score goals at any level. He’s a good second option for me something a bit different.

The67Sound likes this.
  3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The Honduran Mikey Johnstone. Won't ever make it here, and of that i am 100% sure.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he should have be introduced earlier on Sat..

Taylor was a match for Maeda's pace, think he would have struggled with Palma's cleverness..

There's a player there, if he gets a chance he needs to seize it. As we'll probably strengthen there in Jan..

The67Sound likes this.
  5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Really want to see him give the manager something to think about tomorrow.. how he performs tomorrow will give a good indication if he wants to be here and fight for a place..

7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    With the way our finances are and the fact we have strength in depth in key areas , other areas may be heavily invested in . The result would be even good players being moved on as our standard ( standard of the squad generally ) moves up. Palma is decent but he may be a victim of that. Can see us spending big on a winger in January .

8. Big C

Let’s hope so because I don’t think Palma has the attitude to play for us.

9. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Don't think that's a very useful stat. Gonna win the ball more in the final 3rd if you stay in the final 3rd and don't track back much. Makes sense for Palma as he always seems to be trying to produce new clips for his highlights reel so suits him to put the effort in to win the ball back high up the park so he can try and get a goal or assist for himself.

Kyogo picks up a fair amount of balls in midfield, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Daizen winning the ball at right back.Would be interested to see the comparison of the winning to ball back anywhere on the park stats.

Also the work and pressing if other players in the final 3rd can create opportunities for Palma to pick of a rushed pass.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate Palma, I think he has a lot of talent. And if he can work harder for the team, be more selfless and improve his decision making, he could be a very good player for us.