1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League Dortmund V Celtic Tuesday October 1st kick off 8PM TNT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Sep 28, 2024 at 6:42 PM.

Discuss Dortmund V Celtic Tuesday October 1st kick off 8PM TNT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What a night this could end up being. I’ve not felt like this going into a game against one of the top teams for a long time.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A barometer match, and for that reason it’s fairly exciting. They are one of the best in Europe.

The_Bhoy, stevoEOS and Rydo1888* like this.
  3. FrankMcCallum

We can definitely cause them problems going forward, but I still worry for us down the flanks defensively. Need a mega shift from Maeda to help Taylor out.

They were dreadful at the back on Friday and the weekend before.

Strangely enough though, they were the same last year in the league but grinded out clean sheets in the champions league and got the the final.

Don’t really know what to expect.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  4. Bratfurdbhoy1

Yep
    Their ie McGregor, Engels and Bernardo passing accuracy is so much better , than when Hatate replaces one of them, he has moments of genius , then inexplicably moments of real poor passing.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't see us winning purely because I don't trust us not to concede and we have to take our chances when they come but I'm cautiously optimistic we can go and put on a proper performance.

Gonna be a cracking game I think.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think this game will go a long way to showing us the mentality of this team. We haven't really been tested in any games so far, we will be here. If we go behind do we shake it off and continue to play our own game, or do the arses collapse and we lose more? For the first time in a long time I think they might be able to cope with the pressure of Europe, but time will tell.

The_Bhoy, stevoEOS and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. Lewis Kerr

This, I'm excited for it - this is probably the most buzzing I've been for a tough European fixture in years.

I'm very nervous though. Fans are confident and have every right to be, but I fear a humbling. Maybe it's just my lingering pessimism and PTSD from our European performances over the last decade.

We shall see.

Lupis likes this.
  8. Champions67

I'm just looking for us to go there, play our football and put in a good performance while doing so. If we get beat in the process then fair play but anything we could get over there or over in a Atalanta would be a total bonus. Pretty unrealistic to expect anything in those tough away games but I think we're capable of causing problems. CCV for me will be a massive loss if he can't play on Tuesday. Can't wait to see how we do though.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The acid test for this group of players, i just want to see us compete, any positive result would be a bonus.

We need to avoid showing any naivety at this level, hopefully keep up the good tempo they way we have started the season.

Don't give the ball away cheaply, can be very costly at this level.

Bad Ambassador likes this.
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Most optimistic I’ve been about an away CL match in ages.

I still expect us to come up short, but I’ve got absolute faith in Rodgers setting us up well, and the team playing their game well.

11. Hydrobhoy

last season and previous seasons we were never ready for the ch league but this season we're a different animal playing beautiful liquid football while working hard off the ball also, and every player knows their job and all on the same page. hard to see us lose if we play our own game. won't be upset if we lose though as long as we give 100% which I'm sure we will.

seamus1967 likes this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm not as confident as others but that's purely down to the pessimist in me!

End of the day it's still the beaten finalists from last year. However, if ever we had a chance it's now.

Just want a performance and no easy goals conceded, like we always seem to do.

13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * it. Be optimistic. 5-0 Celtic win.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We'll definitely score a couple over there. We have the pace, movement and players to really hurt them middle to front..

Just whether we can keep them out enough to get something from the game..

Said the other night but as good as Can (30), Gross (33) and Brandt are.....that isn't an explosive midfield at all. Can has never been the quickest. Gross at 33 isn't. Brandt is a talented player but also isn't the fastest. Same as Guirassy who although is a very good striker, isn't the most mobile..

They're a lot weaker without Reus, Sancho who've left and if Sabitzer isn't fit to start..

Out wide they have a lot of pace but we probably have more pace to hurt them. I feel like our midfield could enjoy spells against them and up top we could crucify them if they play a high line..

Defensively they look very very suspect and with that keeper..

Still a top side and will be difficult....but we have a chance here..

Rydo1888* likes this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    How ironic that the big mouthed Dortmund manager SLATED Rodgers for playing him out of position after he left Anfield... And is now getting it in the neck from his own player, as well as supporters, for the same thing.

Dortmund are levels above us in terms of personnel, but theyre a * show at the back, have a manager who they dont seem to trust or believe in, are "arguing like tinkers" in the boardroom, and are struggling domestically against comparable sides to our own.

Theres never gonna be a better opportunity to go after a result.

Mibbe the filth at the lodge accidentally wrote "Dortmund" on the sacrificial goat, trying to write "Dundee". Stupid illiterate sister * mutants.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

As much as Scales and Taylor have been excellent this season..

At this level the left side of the defence will be punished.. we just need to ensure McGregor isn't exposed in transition as this always hurts us at this level..

It's the old DM for Europe argument, don't need one to be dominant domestically, scream for one in the CL..

17. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Buzzing with anticipation ahead of this one.
    What a game its gonna be!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 12:03 PM
  18. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just looked up the stats on the referee. Looks very card happy. His only game in Europe this season a UCL qualifier between Fenerbahce and Lille where he dished out 8 yellows and 1 red. His previous game to that was West Ham v Leverkusen in the Europa and he gave 11 yellows that day.
    His average is around 4-5 yellows per game so we need to be disciplined tomorrow.

His only game involving us that he has refereed was the Europa League away tie against Rennes which ended 1-1. He dished out 6 yellows that day and sent off Bayo (after a second yellow) for a nothing challenge on the goalkeeper. Also he gave 2 pens that day, one to each team and both were correct. But he also waved away a stonewaller penalty claim for a trip on Ryan Christie. Did not have VAR that day but he was in a good position to get a view of the incident so it was just poor from him.

On a side note, he was the ref last season when PSV thrashed Rangers 5-1.

KRS-1888 and seamus1967 like this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    IF we get anything out of this, oh my * i will be on the wind up for days on daily record facebook page. Might sound silly but that is my routine these days, Its so much fun seeing all the huns rage on there. Guess its because i dont have any huns where i live.

I feel very confident that we can get something here.

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member