1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Welsh

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 29, 2019.

Discuss Stephen Welsh in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

I would be very surprised if he is still here post the January window. There has been interest in taking him from various places for a while. He was awful today and largely has been that way when he has played for a while.

Being honest he has done well to play as often as he has for Celtic at first team level as he is a very average player. I could see Murray play the 5th choice club trained centre back next season and Welsh being off.

2. saltire78

Needs to be playing every game, with a settled defence. He's not as bad as some are saying, or as we're playing him to be with the piecemeal appearances, but he's not going to get games at our level now and won't improve without them.

As you say, the move would be best for all parties now, and free the space for another development player to come through

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    aye look at the improvement in Scales with regular games

4. cammy07

Him being here for as long as he has, barely playing has probably contributed to his stagnation/decline as a player. For his own sake he needs to go somewhere he’ll play regularly and improve as a player. Going by what he showed today, there’s not many (if any) teams he’d get into in the premiership which shows just how much he’s declined from when he first came into the team.

How he’s above Nawrocki in the pecking order is beyond me, and even he doesn’t look anywhere near good enough.

He’s so poor on the ball, slow to move it on and unable to pass it beyond either the full back next to him or the other centre half. Whilst his use of the ball has never been exceptional I don’t remember it being quite as bad as it was today, the drop off from scales to Welsh was frightening today.

5. constant

Welsh is an absolute bombscare and has been for years. Every defeat Ange suffered, was with Welsh in the team. Just get him to eff.

Sean Treacy likes this.
  6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Good to know ,,, you are better than him on the field,,,,BR is putting you in the next game,,,, thank fek we have you in europe...

7. constant

What gibberish is this ? :giggle1:
    Sorry Stephen, I didn't know you were a member of the forum :giggle1:

Sean Treacy likes this.