1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gigs Thread

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by greengrocer, Mar 9, 2012.

Discuss Gigs Thread in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Going to see Kings of Leon in Marlay Park on Saturday, almost ten years to the day since I saw them in the same venue.

Can’t wait.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Stevie Nicks on Saturday for me. A living legend, may be the last time we have an opportunity to see her on these shores.

I’ve seen them numerous times and I still don’t know if I like them live or not. They’re a bit meh live, I suppose this new gloss they’re putting on themselves from a marketing POV is an attempt to shake that off. They have some class tunes though that’s undeniable.

3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Funnily enough, when I went ten years ago with my mates we had all been to see The Killers the year before and all agreed KOL weren’t a patch on them live. And I’d have been saying that as someone who listens to KOL nearly every day, but rarely The Killers.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Just back from Glastonbury. What a place is all the can be said.

The National, Coldplay and LCD Soundsystem all exceptional. Can’t lie and say I didn’t enjoy Dua Lipa as well - put on a brilliant show.

One of the best things is the variety of music and getting lost in small stages listening to random music.

Watched James on one of the main stages and then stumbled into a tiny stage with a DJ who was belting out Celtic Symphony, Wee White Turban of the PLO and Amhran na bhfiann

Thought I was in a parallel universe up the Gallowgate for a bit

The Prof, Taz and PaulM1888 like this.
  5. stew37

Saw KOL at the Hydro last night. Really enjoyed it but would have loved to have heard 1 or 2 more songs from the first album. Understand them playing their new stuff from their new album, and liked hearing their new songs live, but think they only played Molly's Chambers from their first album, which is prob still my favourite of theirs.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  6. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Was over in Glasgow in June to watch Billy Talent at the Barrowlands. They were * amazing live

7. Sween

Bob Dylan tickets will be on sale on Friday for 2 nights at the Usher Hall in November.

I saw him at the SECC a couple of years ago and he was brilliant. Not sure if I will bother this time if it's going to be the same set.

Probably the last time to see him, but I did say that 2 years ago!

8. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Springsteen at Wembley last night was outstanding. The guy still has some energy for his age and the E Street band are fantastic.

Taz and stew37 like this.
  9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And most importantly, he (and the entire band) is actually performing live and not just miming to a backing track, as so many seem to do nowadays. :87:

paulie walnuts likes this.
  10. Sween

Went to see Ryan Adams at the Usher Hall a few nights ago. Did an acoustic set. Enjoyed it but he's a very odd guy. I think it's the 4th time I've seen him and his shows have ranged from high as a kite and genuis, to too much drugs and not very good, to sober and ok, to sober and a bit sad and reflective. Never know what you're going to get.

Ive got Maiden Scotland in a few weeks, then Nick Cave and Jason Isbell next month. Need to try and get Iron Maiden tickets tomorrow.

11. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seeing lack of Afro at the fleece in Bristol in November, hope he doesn’t bust my bubble of what I expect first time in my head lol.