1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

Thats a fairly broad-sweep there James - I'm not criticising THE fans - I'm criticising THOSE fans!

They were a tiny minority, but it was too ugly and NO Management team in such an image driven industry is going to readily bow to that kind of behaviour.

I'm an advocate of protest - protesting is healthy. THAT, however, was counter-productive.

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s a given that we’re getting pumped. He’ll be in the dugout again on Sunday regardless

3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The only reason it may have been counter-productive is because of the sheer * arrogance and self entitlement of the board. That’s on them. It has * all to do with the fans

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This isn’t the fans fault at all.

This is the board trying to deflect from their massive mistake and are trying to use the press to frame the fans as being violent thugs with no real reason for complaining.

The real story here is the board don’t have a * clue what to do in regards to the next manager and are now letting this rumble on and have the supports name tarnished in the hope that people won’t question them with regard to their running of the club and how poorly run the football side of things are.

Remember, this is the same board who appointed Lennon in the showers and boasted about not even reading applicants and tried to bury the announcement of him getting the job in amongst the celebrations of the treble treble.

5. scootz

... and BTW folks, we can have this sub-discussion without taking our eyes off the fact that NL's management is still the central issue.

We're all * off, but this binary thinking and all the lashing out at anyone who doesn't align themselves with YOUR thoughts on the matter is getting pretty tiresome!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks for THE reminder

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The Milan game is completely and utterly irrelevant. We could be pumped by 20 and it wouldn't make a difference.

Lennon, Lawwell and Desmond have nothing but utter contempt for us.

Mr Hoopy and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    No decent manager will want to work under Lawwell...this is the man who needs removed first.

Sgt Neppers*, Twisty and oh bhoy like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

No-one's lashing out at you.

All I see is reasoned, polite rebuttals of your arguments.

10. scootz

OK - I'll buy into that. But lets not ignore the fact that a handful of arseholes outside CP made it a pretty * easy 'out' for the Board! We have to be smarter than this!

11. scootz

Sorry - didn't make myself clear (lifetime habit!). I know no-ones lashing out at me here - it was just a general observation on Forum chat over the last few days. Its just been quite sad seeing folk rip each other apart.

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Why are you criticising them ? One guy threw a fence I agree that shouldn't have happened but it was hardly end of days stuff.

What was ugly about a few guys voiced an opinion which from reading here and twitter the vast majority seem to agree with.

It's only counter productive as the board are digging their heels as result the board are failing the club to spite the fans. That doesn't reflect badly on the support.

The board have treated the support like mugs this year from asking people not to take refunds to not even offering refunds for this season instead we have a streaming service that doesn't work and as to date have had to fork on 3 occasions to watch away games on PPV. Add to that the manager has been failing for months and has not been removed from his position we are essentially out of everything by December (The league is gone for me not others). The manager was appointed in the showers when no other manager was even considered there CV's were thrown in a drawer. Now to to top it all off we have a manger who if you listen to his interview from the weekend accepts he should/will be sacked but the board are now digging in to spite the support and to even further top it all off are now drip feeding Keith Jackson stories. Why accept mediocrity and being taken for an idiot ? Why not strive to be the best

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fans protesting is not a justifiable reason for keeping on a manager they know isn’t good enough.

The Phoenix likes this.
  14. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The higher you throw your barriers,
    the stronger I become

15. celtic warrior

The sacked Mowbray for less, Barnes was sacked for less albeit under different leadership?*, a title winning Deila for less, yet Lennon is bulletproof and continues to get their backing.

If "job for the boys" didn't make sense before it * does now.

It is now ridiculous to think Lennon and the squad will unite and turn the season around. We were just controlled, nullified and neutered by ROSS * COUNTY!!!!, despite players and manager trying to give it big and back each other and promise a response.

Lawwell seems far too concerned about his position if he actually done the right thing and sacked Lennon weeks ago, as if doing is an admittance you've lost your touch.

The only way now, that Lawwell is sacked along with Lennon is if fans claw back wherever they can, every penny they spent this season and then going forward, refuse to spend another penny, then he'll care I bet, as he watches celtic tv subs fall off a cliff, stores sales bomb, season tickets cancelled for renewal, dodgy streaming rising, fans making it clear they won't attend games, returning merch the lot.

We are but a £ to him, nothing more, nothing less, we are not fans, we are not human, just a £.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    It had better not be violent..

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We can all stand with little signs hoping they take notice. Thatll work.

Bayern Bru likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What should of been a routine sacking of a manager that is clearly out of his depth, not good enough and failing miserably at his job has now become a running battle between supporters and the Club..

Absolute disgrace

The Phoenix and Markybhoy like this.
  19. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Our own fans claiming it was a violent protest (or “riot”) are feeding into the media machine that seeks to hurt our fan base.

Hopefully it’s worth it

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The scenes on Sunday night were ugly, no doubt about that for me. No time for anyone getting involved in violence against the police, and doing this against the backdrop of a pandemic is very questionable.

The board have a lot to answer for here though. As much as this is a protest brought about by results, the results themselves aren’t the sole cause. You can’t ask fans to forego refunds on money they’re rightfully due, and to back the club with cold, hard cash for a product they’re unlikely to ever receive to the fullest extent possible, and then treat them like a bunch of spoiled, entitled arseholes when the same passion demands better. Football in Scotland is still very much a working class game, and it’s never appealing to see a bunch of very wealthy individuals lay into a fan base that has backed them like very few others would in world football

And it absolutely should be better - this is the worst run of form we’ve seen in most of our lifetimes. If it isn’t enough to get the sack, then what is? It isn’t even just about the results though. I accepted a while ago that Lennon wasn’t the man to take us forward and adjusted my own expectations of our results based on that. Most fans I know have almost started expecting these sorts of results. It’s more about the lack of action from both Lennon and the board in terms of remedying the situation. Nothing kills a fanbase more than apathy from those with the power to change things.

_DannyBhoy_, markybhoy1976 and scootz like this.