1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Arne Engels

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Arne Engels in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

If he plays, I think it could be too soon for him I reckon the two most likely to feature out of the new lads would be Valle as he’s been here a week he may come off the becnh and mccowan as he hasn’t had to travel here for the move and has been playing every week in this league regardless and has experience playing the Huns he could also come off the bench

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Think young legal eagle will be ready mate

Come half 11 we'll know anyway

3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Might be on the bench but definitely won’t start. He’s been playing though with Augsburg so will be fit and should be able to hit the ground running if he comes on. Mcgregor, Hatate and Bernardo master class in the middle tomorrow though.

eire4 likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Good shout lad

Crilly likes this.
  5. constant

Engels looks like a strong, six foot tall, mobile No.6 to me in all honesty, and from what I have seen of him, he looks like the natural successor to McGregor to me.

6. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

looks like he will be an excellent signing but can anyone tell me how did we manage to get get him he is 20 years old and played more than 30 games last season in the Bundesliga I literally cant remember(probably never happened) the last time we signed a first team regular from a top league with such potential

The_Bhoy and Crilly like this.
  7. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Can’t wait to see him in the Hoops

8. Crilly Hakuhna matata

The Brendan Rodgers effect :BR1:

great signing. I reckon looking at the likes of O’Riley, jota and Tierney being sold for big money after being with us and also how the likes of van dijk and frimpong careers went after being with us definitely has a factor. We can be a great move for a player like him, develop him, get him used to playing in an environment where there’s huge pressure to win and the cherry on top this season champions league. Regardless of the league we’re in we are a huge club and for the right player we can be a big draw. I’m just glad the club are starting to spend the funds to bring these types of players in before they’re out of reach

avitar likes this.
  9. BigDoggyWoofWoof

This is the signing I'm most confident in. Got some decent game time under his belt in a decent league. Having watched some footage, he seems to be an intelligent player and would do well in a box-to-box role. Think he might be lacking a bit of physicality but seems like he's got a set piece in him, so possibly a very apt replacement for MOR.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Because we actually are an attractive proposition to many players despite the fact we play itndown and are led to believe we ain't.

UCL helps massively too. It's like when we play the qualifiers you'd always hear that the level of signing could hinge on if we qualify or not.

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He will be match sharp at any rate having played a full part for Augsburg in pre-season and started their Bundesliga opener last weekend. But think he will likely start on the bench tomorrow. As with Taylor I think Bernardo's experience of these games last season is important as well as obviously he is a quality player as well himself who did well in the derby games he played last season.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    What sides?

He's probably not at the level of BVB and Leverkusen yet. Certainly not Bayern.

Outside of those we can probably compete wage wise, manager wise etc.

I do take your point though. But also we don't know who was interested I suppose!

Crilly likes this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    True to a certain extent but there's also some who are unrealistic with it. Think it's more the perception of the Scottish league that goes against us, rather than us as a club. SPFL is seen as a pure backwater by so many people. And it is really. Some of the clubs/stadiums are a * embarrassment.

14. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Tough game to come into especially when your other teammates are tiring and have less energy than the first half.
    He will come good but Bernardo starts for me right now

MynameisEarl likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Punt.

In all seriousness he looked a bit bewildered at the end there lol

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Poor guys been in a whirlwind for 72 hours. Must have thought end what the * is this lol

17. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

We were so scrappy in the last 20 mins and the game was so far gone that it was difficult to read anything into performances.

HTG and saltire78 like this.
  18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He's a sitting mid , wants to plays the way McGregor does with the game in front and looking to dictate from slightly deeper . Will have to bide his time , Hatate is superior to anything in there and Paulo offers us so much dig and physicality that I don't see Engels displacing any of those three.

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's had one training session...

20. saltire78

Was shown a little bit of blooding, nothing else to read from it than that... Absolute confidence he'll shred some teams going forward, when it's not a chaotic, frenetic week :60:

Crilly and Sentinel like this.