1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BROWN is officially the best passing midfielder in the Champions League.

The Celtic skipper trumped the likes of Andreas Iniesta, David Silva and Xabi Alonso to be crowned the pass king of Europe with an incredible 96 per cent completion rate.

To put that into context, Brown misplaced just 18 passes out of 411 in the competitions’ group stages this season.

The results are according to players that made 200 attempts or more.

Barcelona icon Iniesta lags behind with 91%, while Bayern playmaker Alonso and Manchester City star Silva managed 92% and 86% efforts respectively.

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos also notched up an impressive 93% accuracy.

Although the stats are mightily impressive, Brown’s team-mate Gary Mackay-Steven recorded a ONE HUNDRED per cent pass rate.

It’s worth noting though the ex-Dundee United winger played just 42 minutes of European football, finding a team-mate with all 15 of his passes.

Brown, meanwhile, played EVERY minute of Champions League action this season.

Despite finishing bottom of Group C with three points and no wins from six games, Brown has been central to the Hoops team this year.

The 31-year-old has shone against the likes of Barca, Man City and Borussia Monchengladbach, helping Brendan Rodgers’ side sign off their Euro campaign on a high with a 1-1 draw at the Etihad.

Reflecting on the campaign, he said: “It has been a really hard group and we have played against some wonderful players.

“We are learning. All the way through the group we have got better and better after the first game.”

Broony is desperate to lead Celts to their first treble since 2001, with the Betfred League Cup already in the trophy cabinet after last month’s 3-0 win over Aberdeen.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :brendy:

3. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    That quote from me basically sums up his performances last season.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

he's got a few more years left in the tank yet. :brendy:

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The second half of the season, he was poor, but he was being praised very highly for his performances in the first half of last season. Go have a look.

6. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hello

Aidan O’Shea and Swervedancer like this.
  7. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Why on earth do you have a pic of a mass murderer as your avitar?

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Stop posting lies and get back on topic.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Your point being?

When I said those that was the truth.

Pathetic little boy. Your getting shown up for being a *, not for the first time, so you try and drag others into it.

10. Swervedancer Guest

That really is an incredible performance level to achieve considering the latter half of last season he had.

96% of 411 passes. Astonishing :notworthy

So chuffed for him.

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Is completely changing topic the only way you know how to get out of a losing battle? You can't stand the fact that players not named Hooper, Wanyama, and Bitton are having success at Celtic, which is * sad. Can't even enjoy seeing the club prosper without digging up some sort of criticism.

12. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No it doesn't.

It sums up what everyone thinks about you on here:

You have no * clue what you're talking about and always end up looking stupid.

13. FrankMcCallum

People can argue all day if they like about who said what last season.

The reality is he was absolutely pathetic last season. Performances not worthy of any Celtic player let alone captain.

He may have carried an injury but that was nowhere near the main reason for misplacing 5-10 yard passes. Last season he was like the guy at fives who constantly gives you a bouncing ball. An astonishing turnaround.

So for people to pull other posters up for slating him is completely stupid as what they were saying was accurate at the time. His performances along with a few others were woeful.

Mr Shelby and The IRA like this.
  14. Swervedancer Guest

I think people are pointing out he was good first half of last season. Was only when he came back from injury that the life was sucked out of him. It wasn't his fault he kept getting picked. Was a fault of Ronny's to persistently pick players out of form.

15. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think people calling for him to be stripped of captaincy, moved on etc etc were being more stupid tbh.

No one was denying he was poor at the time, it was just blatantly obvious he was carrying an injury at the time. Even if he wasn't, the way people turned on him was ridiculous for a man that's captained us to 10 trophies.

Swervedancer and Jeannie960 like this.
  16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Never doubted the skipper for a moment unlike our 'kestrel' drinkers who've had it in for him from the off.

Swervedancer likes this.
  17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

He is our genetically superior * warrior.

Swervedancer likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's been a favourite player of mine for years but last season I was beginning to have my doubts. In the summer I raised my worries about him but thankfully it appears this injury was affecting him more than I thought.

He's arguably playing the best football I've ever seen him do.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brown: “The manager has made me better, as well – tactically, in particular. I’m playing the best football of my career right now.”

Brown: “I sit down and analyse the game for myself now. I’m not just running and chasing the ball – blowing my energy by 70 minutes.”

Brown: “For me, it’s about enjoying football again, coming in with a smile on my face.“

Brown: “I’m playing alongside top quality players for a top quality manager.“

Brown: “Our fans in Manchester on Tues night were louder than City’s supporters for 90 minutes. That shows what it means to them, as well.”

20. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Last season was a poor season and Brown as the captain gets most of the blame for that, playing with an injury most of the season, this season he is playing better than he ever has for Celtic imo, which is testament to the management and tactics getting the best out of him.