1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Idah vs Miovski

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mike B, Apr 21, 2024.

Discuss Idah vs Miovski in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    We need more than 2 strikers at the club with the amount of games we play. Wouldn’t be opposed to signing either of Idah or Miovski but would also want another striker to come in with a higher pedigree to be first choice or fight it out with Kyogo for first choice.

2. T.Rogne25

I’ve watched Miovski yard for yard every time he’s been live this season and I think he’s not just 1. Miles above Idah. I think he’s also 2. Perfect for Celtic in general, such an all round number 9.

Okay it may have been an off day but.. even at European level have we seen any striker make him look so uncomfortable?

Sween likes this.
  3. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Idah has been great and I’d keep him. But Miovski is better.

Also I think he’d improve and challenge Kyogo and he’s young so plenty to improve.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I want both. Loan Oh to Aberdeen for a year as a counterweight for Miovski, because Oh despite his criticism a year as a main striker in the SPFL for a team like Aberdeen I think could make all the difference. He’s not ready for us, but I don’t think he’s a no hoper.

Idah, the way it’s going we could possibly get a straight swap him and MJ. Or at the least, the fee right down. We need 3 strikers. I’d be delighted with those 3.

Idah and Miovski are similar, if you forced me to pick one though? No contest, it’s Miovski.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Did you see any of Miovski vs England? And any of his performances in Europe for Aberdeen? It’s not a lucky performance, he’s a cracking player.

The only question about it is if he would thrive under the pressure of being a Celtic striker and has the mentality, I feel like he does, just based off him stepping up big games for them though.

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Didn't vote on this until today because honestly couldn't decide but I think Miovski would edge it fer me. Be happier with them both for maybe around 8mill and get Oh a decent loan out somewhere see if he can either push on a level or at least put him a shop window for any prospective buyers.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Miovski by a mile.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I like both, would be 50/50 just now.

I think Idah will have a massive part to play in the remaining games.

Crilly likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I do like Miovski.

Clever striker, good movement....isn't rapid which I do like in a striker but he's so clever in working a back line and playing on the last defender. Very clinical and composed infront of goal..

I just wouldn't want both though. I know they're mo that similar but I think I'd be trying to get someone more explosive who could work a whole defence and really terrorise domestic defences..

It would Idah or Miovski for me having thought about it a bit more. Wouldn't be the worst front 3 but think we could push for another Kyogo level striker with different attributes, maybe even better as long as we wrap the league up..

We had a good trio before with Dembele, Edouard and Griffiths under Rodgers..

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I don’t mind admitting that I picked Miovski after the performance at the weekend. That’s the most uncomfortable I’ve seen CCV all season. Especially domestically.

Imagine him in our team, with the chances we create. If it was a straight up choice at the same price, I don’t even think it’s close and I actually like Idah.

Don’t think we could keep both happy so no point discussing buying both. Never happening for the prices and never going to keep all 3 strikers happy.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Exactly my opinion.

You can't have your cake and eat it? Get *. I want both.

HoopyT likes this.
  13. Slaw

Voted Idah. What he’s done in a short space of time here is impressive. I want both though. Miovski is a quality player. Steps up time and time again in the big games

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think Idah is a better player and a safer bet. You guys know more than me, but i can't remember any striker we brought in from the SPL who have turned out good in the last 15 years except Griffiths. Would not suprise me if i missed tons now lol. I just feel that it is a huge gamble as they will demand much for Miovski as well.

In Idah we know what we get.

15. celtic warrior

Miovski with 28 goal involvements in about 3978 minutes this season for an Aberdeen team that are just truly shocking.

Idah including championship goals is on 17 goal involvements in 2195 minutes.

Those are two guys who are showing signs that they could serious talent that could really seem them go onto something if they are at the right club.

I'm convinced that both could, as part of a serious rotation could achieve similar numbers with a Celtic top on.

I would absolutely sign both whether we lose Kyogo or not, I would sign them both. But it also relies on Rodgers actually adapting and changing up his views on how football should play and begin a system that really utilises the squad through rotation.

We have 5 subs now and for club with our resources that should be enough for us to have such a strong bench that can come on and just kill games.

Guys like Idah and Miovski could be that and honestly, just looking at how Rodgers wants to play, I'd say are likely two guys who could seriously challenge Kyogo for starting in the 11 as the main guy.

But I think that says more about Rodgers and his refusal to play a way that truly gets most out of Kyogo.

Hammy89, Crilly and Double Dutch like this.
  16. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Miovski all day long. Look what he can do in that Aberdeen side. He'd absolutely tear it up for us.

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Both these guys along with Kyogo is a cracking 3 options up front, even better if Rodgers is willing to go with two up top on occasion. Would love to bring in both.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bingo!

NakamuraTastic and JC Anton like this.
  19. NoContextCelts

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Miovski is better ability wise but Idah suits our system

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    If we win the league, we'll have around £120m in the bank...both plus a stroppy French git for £9m!

Random Review likes this.