1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

'Honest' mistakes 24/25

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 20, 2023.

Discuss 'Honest' mistakes 24/25 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Nott forrest release a statement about VAR and how it affected their game and 3 pens they should have got. Also mentioned the VAR official was a Luton fan.
    Its all going to kick off.

Welcome to our world.:fear:

johnboy19, NakamuraTastic and Crilly like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I hope something comes of that. Would help our case to push for change also instead of the claims of paranoia..

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think they'll get in trouble because it's a genuine concern.

4. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Seen a few folk on twitter mention Robertson being a celtic minded ref and it got me to thinking of some of his clangers. The ones that spring instantly to mind are the Schalk dive and the rugby tackle at ibrox(can’t remember the defender) which was a clear red and he just shrugged. There was a foul on Tierney at Parkhead against Motherwell. May have been Bowman, but I'm no sure, which was a red all day long, but again I can’t remember if that incident was him.
    Anyways he is never a celtic minded ref.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Bonobhoy

Dessers " We are the best team in the league "

I * love this * tbh.

Now the players get carried away and the orange hun * that are the fans are now giving it alrge about winning 6 games for the treble and that its easy.

Pin it up on dressing room.

bhroom likes this.
  6. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You are defo 100% at the windup

7. Onefootwonder

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    The assault on Tierney was shocking and is the first thing I think of whenever I think if Robertson. However I just think he just lets a lot go that other refs don't. Any other Euro league that is just a straight red. Even yesterday though when Miovski or Duk were throwing themselves to the ground he just told them to get up. The difference between how he refs a game and Beaton does is night and day. April 7th their player goes down -instant free kick. Our player goes down-play on. Beaton is an out and out cheat. Madden was as well imo. In my personal opinion some Celtic fans go over the top in "everyone is against us" and we should concentrate on the ones (one) that is a cheat.

Jacob knows and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The 2nd and 3rd are clear pens but the ref should have seen that and blew. I'm worried about the refs who no longer seem to be able to make their own mind up and hope some * with a TV will save them

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    First one, not a penalty before VAR, but with VAR (and I take this through the prism of how Scottish football implemented it), then that's a penalty. Ref can miss it, but VaR should pick that up.

2nd one, the handball, pre VaR, straight up penalty. Since VaR and the cluster * that is handball rule, no one honestly knows. The fact it's played up from a yard Away, much like Scales yesterday in that one aspect, it's not a penalty.
    But his arms out from the side and it stops the ball travelling, so it really is a penalty isn't it.

Third one, how's that not seen and a pen from the ref is a joke.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's the biggest culprit for letting bad challenges go in games I've seen involving us..

The Dundee United player Butcher on Turnbull late on at Tannadice knee high..

Porteous on McGregor at Easter Road that had gashes road the shin pads..

There was a couple more I've forgotten off top of my head..

The Tierney challenge is one of the worst you'll see from a top flight ref. The gashes all over him and high..

Terrible for protecting our players. Maybe he's like it in other games but I'm no too sure..

Jacob knows and Artorias like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    It's almost like he can't * read.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The Hoilett one has been pretty much the most consistent rule that’s been followed by VAR the last two years. The only dodgy bit about if it’s called as a penalty or not at the time for me is if you look at it as CCV being in charge of the ball, but the replay showed it was. Hoilett wasn’t looking for it either IMO, it was him desperately going for the ball and CCV catching him.

It was the exact same with Lagerbielke and Dessers first Hun game this season, which is more on the edge a decision for me than the CCV one on the weekend. Dessers got his body infront and at that point I think he was in control and Lager panicked, but because he hadn’t touched the ball, it comes under that ruleset so it’s a technicality at that point.

The penalty call though, Hoilett was not getting the ball, was never going to be in control of it, he lunged and then got caught in the process.

As the rules are, it’s a great call from the VAR team. It’s a rule I think needs further defined but, it’s not one I entirely agree with. I think that one on the weekend is more clear cut though

Artorias likes this.
  14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The biggest question about the CCV “penalty” incident on Saturday is why it took so long for the referee to blow and award us a free kick. If Mackenzie’s shot at the back post goes in, is there any chance that the referee gives the free kick? I highly doubt it.

He’s blatantly seen the foul and played on until Hoilett gets involved again, at which point he’s shat it and worried his bias is too obvious.

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I thought that too and mentioned it. Apparently the ref had said to dons gaffer it was the fould before it on AJ.

16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
  17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Have to admit I genuinely thought it was a peno but that angle there is a definite free out, wonder why it wasn’t given straight away though maybe fourth official said it then after the peno claim

Artorias likes this.
  18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It is a strange one that he delayed. That view was shown but it is just zoomed in here I think. We are lucky to have been given that fk and you could say it was soft but it is defo a foul on AJ, Houliet actually lands on AJ too after his awkward fall, which takes AJ out the game to be able to defend.

Crilly likes this.
  19. Onefootwonder

No Scottish refs selected for Euro 2024.

What a surprise.

20. seanm

That silva dive has to be retrospectively a yellow or red. We should be calling it out just to wind the huns up HH