1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I've been to Hacken...with one of the worst hangovers in my history - it had wooden stands and I had my ball bearing shoes on - felt like throwing up for the whole game - apart from that - is he any good lol

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Jota
    Ryan
    Mckenna
    Idah
    No 6 from georgia

RIP Rangers

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Jota, CCV and Giakoumakis all signed last day of the window tbf.

As much as we need to act a lot quicker and I'm as frustrated as anyone, most clubs haven't done much work by now either.

Really frustrated if we don't see movement on the GK this week.

5. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Very, very little I'd imagine.

Transfer window has been open 2 weeks and our supposed chief executive is on * holiday.

Would be slightly more acceptable if the gormless looking * had bothered his * and hired a head of recruitment or chief scout at any point over the last 3 months but he was too busy sucking lawwells fat *

Peej, SK89 and thailandceltic like this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56:

NakamuraTastic and SK89 like this.
  7. henriks tongue

Over a month since our last game....
    Recruitment progress = zero
    Protracted haggling over Idah and Bernardo = both will join own teams for pre-season and not us, which adds likely further delay
    so we won't be looking elsewhere until those deals are done/not done, leaving usual panic late in window.

Same old...:57:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024 at 4:15 PM
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It’s massively concerning once again it seems like we are dragging our heels.

Some of the normal excuses we get is, waiting to see about champions league football, not an issue we have it. So can’t use that.

It’s only early in the window……. Well if we had identified targets what’s wrong with getting them in early for the start of pre season or even signing them before the window is open?

The Euros……. Makes me laugh this one, making out that all of our possible targets might be away at that…..

Needing to sell before we buy….. yes we have deadwood but we need 5-6 first team
    Players to walk into the side and we have a * load of cash in the bank.

Not getting value for money or we tried but X, Y and Z Happened…….

Same old pish every single season and * will give them the benefit of doubt once again.

We’ve known that Hart was going for nearly 4/5 months maybe the club knew longer and we still don’t have his replacement in the door and pre season has started.

We rod our luck massively last season with the two poor windows and we should have been light years ahead, once again we are all talking about the same thing year after year spend that money to make sure we bury them again but we don’t, we scrape the * barrel time and time again.

If we * this transfer window up would you blame Rodgers if he walked again…… I wouldn’t.

every season I say this, I hope I’m wrong, I hope we go out and get real quality in but time and time again we either leave it to last minute and hope and see.

* sick of this approach, it’s going to backfire massively like the COVID season.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I grew up in the 80’s, teenager, when a nuclear war was far, far more likely so when i read some * gibbering on about how there will be a nuclear war happening in the next few days I will most certainly laugh at that.
    When you also read the never ending predictions of Celtic being knocked out of the Cup, going 4 games defeated and not only getting beat by the orcs but, from memory, he actually hoped that would happen you better believe I will rip the pish.
    He is now gibbering on about the manager, potentially, having walked away in another thread ffs its never ending hysterical bullshit.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We should at the very least have a GK in place by now, the Board knew months ago about Hart retiring at the end of the season.

bhoy81, Rydo1888*, Crilly and 2 others like this.
  11. themouth1888

In the best financial position in our history, guaranteed our biggest ever champions league payday and we are approaching July essentially 2 first team players worse off from end of last season.

There's not another club in the world that would act the way we do. Criminal

12. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    My hope on the GK is that it's someone decent still at the euros and that's why there's been no movement but like i say that is all hope.

13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mega excited for the business we're goanny get dine Iver the next few weeks. Think we'll pull out some big signings and the squad will be 10 times stronger next season compared to last. Absolutely buzzing.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

I'm sure your optimistic outlook is just trolling at this point..

There's nothing to suggest we'll get what's required. We're a shambles at the moment.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's not trolling mate, it's simply offering up an alternative to the constant, endless stream of doom and gloom by what seems like 99.9% of fans.

We've had many examples of poor transfer windows, but each one is an opportunity to put it right. Everyone at the club wants success, so I'll always be hopeful we'll get it right no matter what's happened in the past.

A lot of folk seem to take great offence to me being optimistic, * the lot of them I say. Miserable *.

Dannybhoy81, JC Anton and HoopyT like this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What should we be looking at GK wise, along the same lines as JH an older and more experienced keeper or a younger guy with a view to him being no 1 for a few years with a decent sell on ?

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I love ye DD, don't ever change :hi5:

Double Dutch likes this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cheers brother :34:

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

But, your optimism isn't based on anything credible..

We sacked Lawwell Jnr and Dudgeon beginning of March and there's been no update of how we're going to operate as a club when it comes to recruitment.

No other elite minded club operates this way.

If we had made the changes necessary then I'd share your optimism but can't blame people for having a pessimistic attitude, given the lack of change required in our structure and the shambles of the last two windows.

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's based on having a manager that wants to win things, pure and simple.

Regardless, if I want to be optimistic with nothing to back it up, so what? I'm entitled to air that as much as the rest of you are entitled to rant and rave about us being a shambles.

I choose to believe we'll get some good business done and go on to have a brilliant season, and feel the need to post about it because it's * depressing watching every * go on and on about the same doomsday *.

HoopyT likes this.