1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'd say 18 months for LB, we signed one 2 years ago and 6 months later we knew he sucked balls.

GK I think teh club tried to bring in and integrate Siegrist. It was a poor move but I think they did try, he started off playing cup games and it felt there was genuinely plans to have him play a bigger part.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Sky sports

Brendan Rodgers will be hoping to keep hold of most of his prized assets but Matt O'Riley, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Reo Hatate are all being monitored by a number of clubs in the English Premier League and across Europe.

The Hoops knocked back a bid of around £20m from Atletico Madrid for O'Riley in January. After a sensational season, it is looking more likely that the Denmark international - who signed a new four-year deal last year - will leave this summer, but Celtic are looking for a club record fee.

In terms of incomings, it may feel like a bit of deja vu for fans as the club heads into its third transfer window looking to strengthen in three priority areas - goalkeeper, left-back and striker

Joe Hart has retired at the age of 37 and a new shortlist for goalkeepers has been drawn up. The club had previously been looking in the market of back-ups from the elite - something they explore again - with interest in the likes of Newcastle's Martin Dubravka, Sparta Prague's Peter Vindahl Jensen and Aston Villa's Viljami Sinisalo to name just a few.

The need for a left-back is apparent with Greg Taylor now having no competition for his place in the starting line-up. Alexandro Bernabei is on loan at Brazilian club Internacional until the end of December, so this will be a key position to fill.

Adam Idah's loan from Norwich City appears to have been a success, but Celtic have no option-to-buy clause in the deal. This puts the club in a more difficult position if they decide they want to buy him, with no set fee agreed. Other clubs in the English Championship and Serie A are also keen on the player, which could also drive up the fee.

Further to those three areas, if O'Riley leaves, the club will need to make a decision about entering the market for a central midfielder. They have an option-to-buy in the region of £6m in the loan deal with Benfica for Bernardo. The Hoops are currently in talks with Benfica to lower that fee to around £3.5m. It's understood the Hoops have been tracking Luke McCowan at Dundee. They will also have the return of Bosun Lawal, who has excelled in central midfield on loan at Fleetwood Town and has also made the latest Republic of Ireland senior squad.

Outgoings will be important to trim the squad. James McCarthy, Gustaf Lagerbielke, Sead Haksabanovic, Mikey Johnston, Yuki Kobayashi and Hyeongyu Oh will be allowed to move on if clubs come in for them, while a decision will also be made on Stephen Welsh, who has attracted interest from Italy, France and Germany over the years.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Just a whole load of nothing there from sky as always

4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    The reality is clear; folk out before folk in.

We have some amount of * in the squad;

Mccarthy
    Bernabei
    Shaw
    Kwon
    Kobayashi
    Oh
    Holm
    Yang
    Lagerbielke
    Haksa

None of these guys are good enough. 10 on the books that need to gtf. Maybe some leaving soon. It’s a huge cost that though.

nawrocki and iwata a potential pass.

If we spin a profit on oh it will be a godsend.

lots of pish to be shot of yet. Many of whom arrived under ange.

The squad is full of tat still. And to this day McCarthy is the worst signing I can remember. Was wrong at the time, total panic at ange start, 4 years criminal.

I imagine the club is looking to free up space alongside looking for better options. The issue is the total * we have on our cards and getting shot of an incredible amount of wages lost each week on folk who will never play a part.

That list above is 80k/wk

that’s 3 quality players.

instead we have the list above. It’s dire. Need shot of some then we see true movement in this window

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  5. oh bhoy

seigriest,welsh,nawrocki,khun,tilio all to be added to the above get te * list . if the idea is to have about 10 - 15 players who are nowhere near good enough who we can make a small profit on ,like what s going on with oh then there needs to be changes

6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Just reading some no mark goalkeeper kasteels? we were allegedly interested in has just moved to the saudi ‘sportswashing’ league for a weekly wage of £160,000, tax free from Wolfsburg, honestly £160k a week is £8.4m a year, still tax free, three year contract is over £25m, him and his family are sorted for life and future generations, we at Celtic just can’t compete with that and shouldn’t try

7. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    The tabloids should be held accountable for the amount of false stories they print...how they get away with stating we are going to sign someone which they know is lies and then say they rejected us...its shocking

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Priority is a GK. I’ll only start to be * off if the squad return to training with no one in place

9. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Far from a no mark potentially the best we've been linked to so far

10. snails67 Gold Member Gold Member

Got to be honest i know nothing has happened yet but the rumors or links we have had so far is not filling me with confidence hope i am just being a panty wetter

neilly1987, HoopyT and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't worry bud between you panty wetters and the happy clappers like myself we'll find a balance I'm sure heh. :BR1:

neilly1987, TheHappyLoss and snails67 like this.
  12. themouth1888

Euros happening or not we need to see some proper movement soon.

Some will say calm doon but honestly when Celtic have only ever given me reason to panic I'll continue to panic.

Wouldn't be so bad if we only had to change 1 or 2 players around but I think alot needs to come in and leave.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The window has literally just opened

Can guarantee you that we will get some news next week

themouth1888 likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Apparently we have 2 deals completed, according to the Sunday Mail.. so probably pish..

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I've not given up on Holm, get him loaned out.

16. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Contract extension for James McCarthy and new sponsorship deal with 'Heated Driveways 'R' Us'... :fear:

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He seems to have talent but he also comes across like a wee *

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Hugh Keevins in his column today

I’m hearing Celtic have a couple of transfer deals done, but as yet unannounced, and good money has been set aside for more experienced additions to a title-winning squad.

NakamuraTastic, HoopyT and JC Anton like this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, he definitely needs to mature.. the sit down be humble nonsense for example..

It's about harnessing that we bit of needle he has.. a loan under McInnes, Robinson or Doherty could give him the reality check he needs.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  20. themouth1888

Been thinking about this and what's realistic for us to spend or bring in this summer.

Given our current financial status that was announced then add in Abada sale since and money in for Oh, MOR and a few other I really don't think 3 or 4 player around the 10mil mark should be out of the question. Including Abada sale we are most likely going to get in 40mil+ in sales (assuming MOR goes).

Add in 2 or 3 other players as squad players to cover for * like MJ leaving then I don't think it's asking too much.

Sitting back I'm asking is to basically net spend next to nothing and I'll be delighted. With the CL windfall also coming in then it keeps us in an amazing financial position.

Edit: potential Frimpong sell on fee as well.