1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Brand

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by paulie walnuts, Sep 16, 2023.

Discuss Russell Brand in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigDoggyWoofWoof

The William Roache accusations were totally bogus in the end as well, their stories made no sense and the judge couldn't find any evidence they'd even met the guy. There was rumour at the time that the two women that made the accusations were motivated by mysognistic comments he'd made in some interview and decided to ruin him.

And remember the Cliff Richard stuff as well. Proper media stitch-up, the BBC had choppers round his house before he was even arrested, presumably made sure they got the tip-off from the police. Had him hung, drawn and quartered by the News at Ten, turned out there wasn't even enough in the accusations to bring charges. Successfully sued the police and the BBC for how they represented him.

After stuff like that, I don't know how people can just automatically assume every media-driven set of accusations carry weight. Until it gets to court, you'll never get a proper sense of what did or didn't happen.

hiphopaddict and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  2. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Wait till old Cliff keels over and see what comes out ... no chance they done that to a person of his stature without some decent info.

Mince.Charming and Liam Scales like this.
  3. BigDoggyWoofWoof

You reckon? I'm pretty sure the accusations came from like a serial blackmailer, I think he may have been charged in the end. It was weird the way the BBC went after him, I think they just wanted to shift focus away from Savile onto an entertainment figure less connected with themselves.

4. leeso-ardoyne

It's the same ones who you see floating about the forum talking muck TBH.

When you take everything into consideration with Russell, you know something fishy going on. If he's guilty, hang the * but he could well be innocent as I've pointed out many times on this thread. Some of these clampets are part of what's wrong with the world today tbh. One numpty even started throwing accusations at me. That's how bad it is. The * would have you hung drawn and quartered just to suit their own bullshit. Very surprising to the mentality of some of them coming from a pro republican forum where they should have a bit more common sense when it comes to this type of * going on.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Waffling * again.

Everyone with a brain cell can see right through you. Creep of a guy.

Onefootwonder likes this.
  6. leeso-ardoyne

Still waiting on you showing me this blaming a victim?

And again, we don't know who the victim is here.

7. Onefootwonder

What is everything you are taking into consideration?

What is fishy?

I bet you can't give a reasonable response.

8. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That was a good gig

"he made me do it"

9. celtic warrior

All gone rather quiet this

10. Onefootwonder

It was in the news today that another police force are investigating allegations made a few weeks back.

Katherine Ryan was on Desert Island discs repeating a story that people already thought was about Russell Brand.

A few comedians have mentioned during their sets that they thought everyone knew what Brand was like.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    celtic warrior likes this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
  12. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Just shows how far gone the minds of these people are or maybe that’s just my 5G scrambled brain talking. I literally have seen it all now from radiation health bands to power and strength rings and now amulets that magically keep you safe from scary radio signals. And I’ve had people tell me Brand is some sort of genius too. :56:

Westlondonscot and King of Kings like this.
  13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Amazing how quickly you find you * when there's a plethora of rape cases being investigated

14. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He's a desperate shyster. Untouchable in mainstream media so has went down the gullible streaming route to chase the vulnerable and tragic loons, anto vaxxers, Jesus freaks and mental cases in the hope that when he gets pulled in and charged he can scream victim hood and point to his changed Christian ways. Should be locked in stocks and pelted with fish heads and rotten fruit every day of his life.

Not a fan.

15. StevieBhoooy!

I wonder what % he gets for flogging that £188 tat to gullible idiots who buy into his particular Brand of *.

Conjuring_Obey likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    He has always been a slimy opportunistic creep who prays on the gullible, naive, clueless and the insecure in society.

Sure his Covid etc conspiracy fans will rally around him shortly again though.. as they point out the flaws in trial by media now that suits them..

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'd imagine he makes more money from subscribers. Things like this just put fear into people and they carry on looking for guidance.

New born Christian thing is laughable. He's been someone who laughed at people for believing in *.

18. Sween

The Newsagents podcast did a good episode on these alternative platforms a few months back and it's amazing how much money is behind them.

The conclusion was that as long as Brand stays out of jail, even if he's banned from every mainstream outlet, he will makes multiples speaking on platforms most of us would never have heard of compared to the BBC or Channel 4.

The days of celebrities being 'cancelled' from mainstream TV meaning they lose their career is long gone. Quite the opposite if they appeal to the right (wrong!) people, and being unwelcome on the likes of the BBC only adds to their whole "banned from telling the truth" narrative.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The idea that the "mainstream media" has a monetary agenda but these other media outlets don't is humerous at best, dangerous at worst. Many still believe it but the reality is that other outlets whether podcasts, YouTube vids, vlogs etc generally have lots of money behind them and can take on fortunes.

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Look at tim pool and Dave Ruben youtube....made over a million (mainly through Russian interest companies).
    Political podcasters can make a fortune and just as much of not more than being on tv

Westlondonscot likes this.