1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Cameron Carter-Vickers. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think we can rotate them and Trusty being able to perform on the right is a bonus. CCV needs his game time managed the most, but so does Scales..

But, aye the favoured partnership is CCV/Scales.

And Wednesday was an important performance for Trusty, people already had him written off and it was excellent to clamp them.

Random Review and murphy88 like this.
  2. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Starting to think you're Liam Scales brother or something.

steg likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Can't see CCV starting tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not even on the bench.

Regardless would expect Scales and Trusty to start.

Random Review, eire4 and JC Anton like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, I've not suggested he starts tomorrow.. 20-30min would be ideal if the game allows it..

Rodgers said he and Taylor are with both in the squad, so would expect to see both on the bench.

Random Review, eire4 and NomDePlum like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    I took it as training with the squad as opposed to available. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Will be good to have them back but no need to rush either unless it's comfortable.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed I would be very surprised if CCV starts tomorrow. Maybe on the bench at most if fully recovered.

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    For sure if the game allows it getting them a 20 minute or so run out would be the ideal.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree with all of that. I would add that CCV hasn't been up to his usual standards this season. I don't think CCV on this season's form actually is better than that performance from Trusty and Scales the other night. Obviously, I know that's because he's been carrying an injury; but for me, he still needs to earn his place back in the team just like everyone else. He needs to show he's back to the player we know he can be, because the player he's been this season is behind Scales and arguably Trusty now too in the pecking order.

Of course, I'm aware that CCV at his best is our best defender when 100% fit. I only mean that he has to earn his place back by proving he's back to that in training and when he gets the chance.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm looking forward to having CCV back and hope he gets some time today. I like watching him play. Having said that, I've been quite happy with what Scales and Trusty have been doing and am happy we're not under great pressure in defense and don't need to rush him in.

10. Big C

He needs some game time between now and next Saturday, if fit he must start against Aberdeen.
    He’s our best defender by a mile so my question will undoubtedly spark some debate and knowing this site so well, some abuse also. Due to the time he has been here will he look to move on in the summer? Should we be looking for someone not so injury prone, he’s missed a lot of big games for us due to injuries. For me the next transfer window is once again, massive. In my opinion we need a CCV replacement, at least another winger, a LB if Taylor isn’t going to sign a contract. These need to be in place by January so they can settle prior to the qualifiers. The biggest one being CCV’s replacement.

11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Cameron Carter-Vickers came in and got some game time which was good for him. He needs to build up that match fitness

He continued: "I think for the likes of Cam. Some of the injuries he's had it isn't muscle injuries, it is just innocuous ones that have been in his foot and been an issue for him

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Wouldn't be rushing him back.

Scales and Trusty building a partnership is no bad thing. And CCV has often been injured or missing in the European games when needed most.

Build up the fitness for when it really matters. Killie, Hearts and Aberdeen away coming up before 2nd December too I think.

NomDePlum and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. saltire78

I agree, there's no NEED; for the first time, to get him back in asap. Why continue a trend of in/out with injuries if there's no driving motivator. Keep subbing him on for the next month, so he regains all strength, fitness and sharpness gradually and so he's inspiring the competition with the others to hold their place.

It's a situation we're just not used to, so let's not scupper it ourselves if we don't need to...

Mr Shelby likes this.