1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Slept with Big C's missus I think...

2. Sean Treacy

For me, Reo has become a bit of a luxury player for us.
    I recall that game against huns when he scored 2 and was chasing back to his own endline to put in tackles.
    He has become too sloppy at times, taking too much time on the ball and getting caught in possession. He seems to have lost that drop of the shoulder he had when receiving the ball.
    Its like he needs a boot up the hole, or something? He has loads of ability and has shown in the past that he can cut it here.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think he have been * * this season so far.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * is harsh, he was excellent early on against Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs, but hasn't been at his best over the last month.

5. calmac23

Hatate has been his usual self, no idea why folk are surprised.

A few decent games, a lot of average games, a few poor games and a few awful games.

He’ll have a few games by Xmas where he looks like the second coming of Xavi too.

Hatate is a good player but so patchy. Not sure why people are still so surprised at that.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100% agree with this. Sums it up well.

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Again on the bench for Japan in today's game V Australia

Sean Treacy likes this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fine by me hopefully he and Daizen are all ready to go for the weekend then.

Sean Treacy and gazb1888 like this.
  9. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His usual self that under BR, injuries not helping it whatsoever. The 18 months previous, he was consistent as *, it was him and Mooy with Hatate being viewed as indispensable that had O’Riley on the bench.

Don’t need to look back too far in this thread before hitting the we just can’t play well without him. And that was in Anges team 2nd season. Matt O’Riley replacing him in the team. We have short memories

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

ABERDEEN plan to turn up the title heat on Celtic tomorrow.

That will suit Hoops star Reo Hatate, who will prepare for Parkhead crunch by heading to the SAUNA

The Japanese midfielder opened up on his lifestyle in a wide-ranging interview in his homeland.

Hatate, 26, revealed he copes with the cold Scottish weather by relaxing in the Lennoxtown sauna after training.

The talented Japan cap toiled with injury last term in a frustrating campaign for club and country.

But Hatate has altered his diet and focused on his training regime in a bid to ensure he’s in peak condition to perform for Brendan Rodgers this year

He said: “The weather is not great in Scotland, so I don’t sweat as much as I would normally!

“I use the sauna to sweat hard and flush away all the waste. I use it quite a lot and I think it helps me when I am tired.

“We have one at the training ground, so I like to take a cold bath and then sauna after we have been training.

“I am also very particular about the way I train, so that I can look after my legs.

It’s a running sport so your legs naturally become tighter but I also have to train my upper body.

“I have two matches a week during the season. I focus on fatigue recovery.

“I can’t train hard with heavy weights during the season. I train with light weights. I train with movement and focus on the core.

“During the off-season I use heavier weights and I have a trainer so I can check my condition

I am also very careful with what I eat during the season.

“I have done tests so I know what works for my body. I try to avoid taking things that don’t suit me and actively take what works for me.

“I have tried to change my eating habits, little by little, and that’s been really important for me.

“In the off-season, it’s easier to eat what I want, so I try not to get too stressed about that. But I don’t really eat high-calorie foods or fried foods during the season

Hatate hit the ground running at Celtic when he arrived in January 2022 but admits his early days were a struggle as he settled into life in a new country with a different culture

The midfielder flourished instantly under Ange Postecoglou but life off the pitch was much tougher for him.

Almost three years later, he is far more settled but is still refusing to join his teammates on the golf course.

Hatate said: “It’s not easy for a player to move overseas.

“Things that are just normal for me in Japan are not normal on the other side of the world.

“The language was very difficult. It’s important to be able to communicate with the players on and off the pitch.

“I am learning by myself and taking classes. Even if I don’t understand what people are saying to me, it’s important to try to communicate. I talk to people more now than I did when I first came to Scotland. I am a lot less stressed about that now

A lot of the players play golf on their days off, but I don’t like golf. I have never played it, so I don’t go to the course.

On my days off, I talk to people. I watch movies and I go to a cafe. I spend my time relaxing.”

Hatate was a late developer as a player and didn’t turn pro until he was in his early 20s. He is certainly making up for lost time now

He was spotted as a student by Kawasaki Frontale and never looked back after excelling in the J.League.

But Hatate could have easily opted for a different sport — had he followed baseball star dad Koji’s lead.

Hatate said: “I was a college student when I decided to become a professional football player.

“I actually went there thinking I wouldn’t be able to play football.

But then it became clear to me that I could become a professional and I wanted to do something big — I was able to create my own vision.

“I improved and the range of my game increased and then I realised, ‘This is what I want to do’. My dad used to play baseball and I also played when I was in elementary school.

“If I hadn’t played football, I would have played that sport.

“I don’t know how good I would have become and I don’t know if I’d have played at a good level

But I went to the park with my friends to play.

It’s quite a different sport to football — but I can use my hands and feet!”

Hatate has been open about his dream of playing in the Premier League one day — following a well-worn path to the riches of English football.

But he revealed his No 1 aim is play for Japan at the next World Cup.

Being snubbed for a place in the Qatar 2022 squad hit him hard and the Celtic star is desperate to nail down his place for the next tournament.

He told the Pro Lab Channel: “The number of times I have been selected to represent Japan has increased so the next World Cup in 2026 is a goal for me.
    “I want to be there and if I get the chance to step up with the team, I want to do that.

“But it’s all about getting better every day and closer to my vision.”

11. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I can imagine any Scottish player reading about what type of hard work and training is better than another type of it and studied whats better at different times, would be * baffled about that level of dedication