1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by dbhoy72, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The thing is though, tactics and set up can go a long way.

Kelvin Wilson turned into a really dependable option for us even in Europe, under Lennon. Principally I imagine as he wasn't being left wide open for attack by the midfield in front of him.

I do agree with your post but I also dontnthink it's as down to the player just being not upto it, a lot of the time. The midfield 3 for example on Tuesday, we all know are better players than they showed.

2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, got £6m i hoped we would see immediate impact too but he is just in the door. We have had a plenty of brilliant cbs in the past that didn't necessarily hit the ground running. Infact, all over the pitch we have had players that took a bit of time to get up to standard - recent good examples would be Kuhn and Giakoumakis i think. Give home time, if he looks the part come Christmas then this will be nothing more than bedding in time

3. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, it’s a load of garbage this ‘out of position’ patter. Makes me laugh, because none of these guys have been queueing up to say Reo is out of position as a right-footer when he plays on the left of the midfield 3. That’ll be because - like Trusty at CB - he just isnae.

I think Trusty will live up to his, for now, ironic surname. Will just take time to settle. Already looks ok domestically.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I kinda wanted us to have a go at Dortmund and see where we stood, unfortunately the answer was we are a million miles away... I think BR let his ego and our domestic form go to his head, probably some of us too.

Our back line never stood a chance in that game, their midfield played through is as if we had none. "you learn from your mistakes" so see what happens next time in Europe, as you say tactics wise.. Domestically apart from yesterday when we chuck in a below average performance we will be fine.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Think he’s played well both league games

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ...Against teams that literally finished last season in 10th and 11th respectively.

That isn't his fault or to say that the 2024/25 ST J or County sides will again finish as 2023/24 sides did, but it cannot be completely disregarded either. His other 2 games have come against Falkirk who gave us a proper scare, and BvB in the Champions League, where we got mauled. Again, not saying that a fit CCV would've prevented either of those things from happening or that Trusty has been at fault, but context has to be taken into account at least concerning the 2 league games he has started and all Trusty can do is perform against whatever the opposition we are up against.

Peej likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Playing Ross County away directly after an away mauling in the CL and performing well, can't be disregarded either.. everything about it was going to be tricky..

Overall it's too early, much like Valle to form any valid opinion on him.

Taz likes this.
  8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agree entirely.

Away v County is always a potential banana skin anyhow (although we have done pretty well the last few years (since the Lenny days), and they have been made incredibly tough to beat at home, with the Bhoys just the third team (out of 16) to depart Dingwall victorious since Don Cowie took over, back in Feb. Plus coming on the back of a CL game where we got slammed and brought back down to reality with a thud was always going to be tricky.

JC Anton likes this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Big man on the bench for America v Panama

Hopefully stays put on the bench