1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Tisdale appointed Celtic’s Head of Football Operations

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 9, 2024.

Discuss Paul Tisdale appointed Celtic’s Head of Football Operations in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m sure I read an article raving about what’s happened recent years at Exeter and the guys that brought about the change in them, and improved fortune, is this the guy behind it?

2 promotions on the trot they had wasn’t it?

2. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Has Micky Beale removed the mole and stuck a hat on here?:56:

3. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    High profile names I specifically don’t want here, usually it’s ex-player with a playing reputation, who either played for us or was linked with us as a ‘fan’ during the playing days. Or guys who have worked in another set up vastly different to the landscape we need to operate in, with different expectations, under far more pressure. Guys who have mucked in doing a job somewhere for years learning the trade getting experience in a team that has a lot of challenges to overcome like Exeter? I don’t mind football guys like that getting a chance to step up a level and show they can do that.

Random Review likes this.
  4. Foley1888

I am not clear on what his role is actually meant to be is he actually coming in as a head of football operations or is he a consultant on a short term gig?

I was listening to him on a podcast called the Business of Sport and he came across well. Clearly a clever guy, with a good knowledge of football. He also seems to like to make things quite simple and common sense from his comments.

5. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Been looking into this for the last 10/15 mins since seeing it for the first time there. It feels similar or reads similar to what we had WGS do a couple years back.

Which I’m not sure if anything wver happened off the back of it, and he’s a dinosaur in football. If its that at least this time it’s somebody who seems to have their finger on the pulse. If it is that though, we should be doing it privately rather than publicly.

The guy calls himself a football doctor and ‘consultant’ though. * alarm bells after 15 mins research on that alone

Foley1888 likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Baggage?

* probably got prada suitcases with intials engraved on them.

neilly1987, HoopyT and Liam Scales like this.
  7. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56::56:

Belter that to be fair haha

neilly1987 and LectersLuncheon like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Subtle one but decent wee medical pun.

Personally I hope he can surgically remove the biscuit tin from Lawwell's *.

NakamuraTastic and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    lol watched that interview with him on youtube, guy seems like a mix of a comedian and a lunatic :56: :56: :56:

Self-proclaimed doctor. I will follow this with much interest.

10. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just get a right bad vibe fae * like this. Peacocks who want attention for themselves more often than not.

11. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Wow. Surprised Barca haven’t come calling…

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Finished with the interview now. Im actually a bit worried about this one. First of all, he seems to be a complete *, but what worries me is that he is so * proud about being a guy that Exeter brought in to help run a club without a windfall, to make as much money as possible on players on more or less free transfers. He went on about something like "i spent 200k over a period of a couple of years and turned that in to 15 million" bla bla.

Maybe my english misunderstand it but im getting crazy bad vibes about this complete clown of a man.

He absolutely loves himself and go on about being proud of being a complete * on board meetings etc saying he dont have time being there etc lol

13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    :68:

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Oof missed that one...guess I need more meds...

neilly1987 and JML67 like this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Record reporting that he’s been appointed our head of football operations which is a step in the right direction

17. Lewis Kerr

This has disaster written all over it.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm happy with this, it's a much needed step in the right direction..

Whether he's the right man for the job is another matter...

But, can't moan about the need for this type of appointment/role and then be negative when the club make one.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2024/...pointed-celtic-s-head-of-football-operations/

Paul Tisdale appointed Celtic’s Head of Football Operations

Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Paul Tisdale as Celtic’s Head of Football Operations.

In this new strategic role reporting to the Board, Paul will oversee the development and management of effective operations to support high-level football performance, including the identification and development of talent, in line with the club’s objective to develop Champions League players through our Academy and recruitment processes.

Additionally, Paul will work with the club’s analytics functions, supporting colleagues across the club to continuously improve our processes.

During a playing career in the 1990s, Paul had spells with a number of clubs including Southampton and Bristol City, before injury cut his career short at the age of just 26.

Paul then embarked on a successful career in football management, including a period of 12 years as manager of Exeter City, when the club was well known for developing its academy players.

Following retirement from football management, in recent years Paul has provided advice and support to a number of clubs and groups of clubs on recruitment, football operations, analytics and innovation, and brings to this new role at Celtic a real wealth of knowledge and experience.

Paul assisted the club across the summer transfer window, and now joins Celtic on a permanent basis as we seek to once again drive the club forward.

Celtic Chief Executive, Michael Nicholson said: “We are delighted to appoint Paul as Head of Football Operations, and we are sure he will bring a new dimension to our work.

'Talent identification and talent development, from our Academy through to our first team, is of fundamental importance to the club’s strategy, and Paul has tremendous expertise in these areas.'

“We are certain that he will bring great experience, energy and innovation to what we do, working alongside Brendan, our football manager, Chris McCart Head of Academy and our excellent wider football staff, to bring further development and success to the club.”

Celtic manager, Brendan Rodgers said: “I am so pleased that we have been able to bring Paul to the club in this important new role and I am really looking forward to working with him.

'He is a hugely talented man who I know will make a real positive difference to us and give us a new edge.'

“He knows modern football inside out, he understands what we need as a club, what our team needs to operate at a high level, and how we can develop positively and successfully across a number of functions within the club.

“I have known Paul for some time and have been well aware of his work. I know that he will be a huge asset to Celtic and that his knowledge, talent and tremendous work ethic will be crucial to us as we drive forward across a number of areas, always with the aim of delivering higher performance and more and more success.”

Delighted to be joining Celtic as Head of Football Operations, Paul Tisdale said: “It is a huge honour to accept this new role at Celtic and join a club of such pedigree and stature.

“I can’t wait to join the team, to begin my work and deliver positive results. Celtic demands and deserves excellence across all areas and I know that that is something the Board and Brendan seek at all times.

'In my role I will be doing all I can to further develop our work across talent identification, development and analytics, always with the aim of ensuring high-level support of football performance.'

“Having knowledge already of Celtic, I know there are so many quality, authentic people at the club all pulling in the same direction and passionate for success.

“I look forward to joining them as we work together to deliver excellence for the club and our supporters.”

neilly1987 and JC Anton like this.
  20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Want to bet :56:

neilly1987 and JC Anton like this.