1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Hyeon-gyu

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Notorious, Jan 25, 2023.

Discuss Oh Hyeon-gyu in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

85 minutes played for them and 4 goal involvements.

What a strange talent, was always a big fan of him because technically the numbers were always good in that respect.

Hopefully he can attain something along the lines of a goal ever 90 or so minutes by end of season and with any luck we've got a decent sell on fee

martin_d, greengrocer and NomDePlum like this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Jesus christ that keeper :56:

3. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Felt he needed more than 5 mins after kyogo was knackered...especially when we were up by a good few and could have came on at 60-65.
    One thing I feel we've been bad at in terms of promoting youth and the likes. Up by 4 and bring on the older players and such.

Anyway...oh, another who tried too hard and got himself into a cafuffle. Good goal return though and was a trier

The_Bhoy and PaddyJamieson like this.
  4. Foley1888

Even if he just keeps scoring goals we will get paid. His £4.5m fee included about £1.5m to £2m add ons and given he is a striker you would assume goals/ appearances would be vital to triggering them. We will have a sell on too, I don’t think we sell anyone half decent without one now.

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic striker Oh Hyeon-Gyu has revealed he left Parkhead for Genk because he was forced out of the picture when they bought Adam Idah.

The South Korean international mobed to Belgian football this summer for a fee of around £2.5 million with Celtic recouping what they paid for him in January last year.

Oh grabbed his first goals for Genk last month and scored three goals in two games after impressing for his new club.

But he admitted he still felt deflated at his Hoops exit.

Oh said: "I had lost my place in my national team because I was no longer playing for Celtic.

"It was then I knew I had to get a transfer.

"Now I am in a good place here.

"I scored 12 goals in total for Celtic, but I hardly played in the last six months.

"They had brought in a new striker, someone with a different profile - a big, strong boy - and they had to find a solution for me

I thought that was a shame at first because I really loved Celtic. It's a great club.

"But when Genk came calling, I didn't hesitate.

"I had a few options in the English Championship, but I just wanted to come here.

"When you see all the players who came through here - Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois, Leandro Trossard and more. That's impressive, isn't it?"

greengrocer likes this.
  6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I still think we could have done better with him. Glad he's doing well though

elbhoydo and FranceCelt like this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes good for him. He comes across well and seems like a good lad so nice to see him on a good run.