1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't think this changes anything.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Random Review, Oct 2, 2024 at 2:12 PM.

Discuss I don't think this changes anything. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

I know it’s a one of game but Club Brugge is a pretty solid barometer of where we are to me. A club who in recent seasons have done well in European competition and won domestic titles in a league better than ours. Semi final of the conference league last year, last 16 of CL year before and had a couple of good performances in the CL group against to level opponents in prior years despite not advancing.

They also likely have a similar budget to us that they operate from but as a club have a better youth set up and sign players from obscure markets before selling for a profit. Their top sale is similar to ours just they probably sell good players for reasonable fees more regularly. Bring through some good young talent too.

A win against them at Celtic Park would be a good achievement and give us a mark of where we are in terms of where we should be in this CL, similarly beating the likes of Dinamo Zagreb and Young Boys as they are likely the level of opponents we could face in a final qualifier next season should we win the league.

I do agree the variance in quality of opposition must be difficult. But getting 4 wins in this CL Group stage to me even if it is against the teams mentioned would be a success and a step forward.