1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League Dortmund V Celtic Tuesday October 1st kick off 8PM TNT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Sep 28, 2024 at 6:42 PM.

Discuss Dortmund V Celtic Tuesday October 1st kick off 8PM TNT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Great post the only thing I would probably say is even McGregor was further up the pitch than what it shows there and Can was also ahead of our two other centre midfielders and Couto had the full right hand side of the park to run into as Taylor and Johnston kept coming in close to the centre backs.

We had this big u shaped gulf of space around our back 4 where their front 4 and even midfield 2 could play in with largely our front 5 beyond that. You absolutely had to ask Johnston and Taylor to hold width and pull the misfield three back even ask McGregor to split the centre backs when out of possession Maeda as well seemed to get pulled into trying to defend narrow in the midfield due to the lack of anyone else so our full left hand side was wide open. Brandt started going there constantly because he knew he would get space.

For me I would like to see us close that gap between our defence and midfield going forward and make us far harder to play through, it would also give the man on the ball in possession more options to get out. We did this well in preseason where we were able to string 3 or 4 passes together and by that point release Kuhn or Maeda.

AdamRS likes this.
  2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Yes we got pumped by many different reasons. We are a good side but oh my * * how good was that Dortmund front 3? Possibly the greatest performance i have ever seen from a front 3 in over 15-20 years.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  3. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Easily our worst loss since the 3-3 defeat at Ibrox

Dannybhoy81, Skelleto and NomDePlum like this.
  4. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The tactics were purely suicidal.
    All on Rodgers in that respect.

Park the fkn bus if needs be next time, allowing Kyogo and Maeda to seek their chances on the counter.

Those 2 freak ricochets for their goals were quite unfortunate as they really didn't need that much luck on the night...

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.