1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Ross County v Celtic Sunday October 6th kick off 12PM Sky sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 1, 2024 at 8:49 PM.

Discuss Ross County v Celtic Sunday October 6th kick off 12PM Sky sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Was just asking.
    Having someone available is one thing but asking them to take over, as you said is another thing.
    The team really need to have decent back up in Europe which unfortunately our team isn’t getting from the board, bunch of penny pinching idiots.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Don’t think that’s a thing that can be aimed at the board this season, this stage of the season. We moved slowly like usual, but we had two record breaking transfers play last night in Idah and Engels, we had a £6m back up CB playing. We had a £3.5m young promising midfielder in Bernardo and one of our next big options for big money move replace him in Hatate. We signed a more than adequate replacement for GK in Schmiechal, we brought on a guy on loan who Barcelona fans were unhappy about not being left there as a squad player after a promising showing the season before in a better league - again a back up option but one we’re paying 100% of £26k a week on.

Penny pinching can be aimed at our club a lot. But not this season, we have spent more than we ever have. We still made money due to MOR leaving but we did spend. Breaking our transfer fee record signing twice in the one window shows that.

The idea of taking the armband away from Calmac due to the 7-1 away to last years CL finalists, when he’s also captained us to our biggest ever CL win about two weeks before btw. It’s not something to consider. Even if we had guys like CCV available, the squad would revolt Paul le Guen/Gavin Rae captaincy style.

Forestbhoy66 and Slaw like this.
  3. Slaw

We won 16 games in a row. One loss and everyone * the bed. Now is the time to rally behind our troops. We can still win a treble and we can still qualify for the knockouts of the Champions League.

4. Sean Treacy

Same starting 11 as midweek for me.
    Wee bit of a character test but bet the group will be eager to atone for midweeks performance.

5. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    I said guys that know the league, not tried and tested. Nawrocki has played against Ross County before and knows what to expect.

Trusty is left footed, and looked very uncomfortable at RCB. His positioning was rotten. I don't think he should be considered as a RCB option going forward. Him and Scales to fight it out for LCB.

Nawrocki and Welsh are both right footed and should be the back up options for CCV. Welsh looks to be getting worse. Nawrocki got some mins against Falkirk and has been on the bench the last 2 games. It's time for him to step up and earn his wages.

You just don't want Trusty taking your spot in the team, but you don't need to worry - you've been playing amazing and are undroppable just now lad.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think we will blow them away.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

See I agree with the sentiment of this post totally - and I'm not * the bed - but I just feel shellshocked after that in the week. No doubt its a lot more impactful on the players too which is a worry.

8. Foley1888

It might not be the worst thing for the players to have the international break, get this game won on Sunday and a chance to regroup as our set of fixtures after the international break ramps up.

- Aberdeen (h) top of table clash
    - Atalanta (a) need to show some character
    - Motherwell (a) they are doing well in the league
    - Dundee (h) midweek game
    - Aberdeen (N) cup semi final
    - Leipzig (h) a big ask but if we get nothing out of Atalanta as expected a positive result would be a big lift even a draw.
    - Killie (a) they aren’t playing well but it’s a venue we have a history with.

So a game every 3 or 4 days. 7 games in total between the 19th of October and the 10th of November so in 23 days. It is going to be a big ask.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I just think Nawrocki is a bombscare.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    He is.

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Schmeichel
    Ralston Trusty Scales Taylor
    McGregor
    Engels Hatate
    Kuhn Idah Maeda ​

12. mayo

Schmeichel
    Ralston Nawrocki Scales Valle
    McGregor
    Engels Hatate
    Kuhn Idah Maeda

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Play like Dortmund and they can be Celtic.

14. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    just play our normal game , comfortable win.
    The three Japanese all start for me .

15. Mr Diggler

It might be worthwhile rotating a bit for this. Tuesday would have taken a lot out of the players.

Schmeichel

Ralston
    Trusty
    Scales
    Valle

McCowan
    Engels
    Hatate

Forrest
    Idah
    Maeda

16. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    And yet he's still a better option than Welsh or Trusty. Might as well have chucked £6M down the drain.

17. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Assuming AJ and CCV are out so....KS, Ralston, Nawrocki, Scales, Taylor, Engels, McGregor, Hatate, Kuhn, Idah, Maeda. I would like to see what Sinisalo can do but I wouldn't start him in this game as it has the potential to be tricky and we need a positive result after Tuesday night. I'm surprised BR never gave him a run-out against Falkirk, it would have a been a perfect opportunity to make his debut. Taylor was dire the other night but Valle looks to me as though he'll struggle in this sort of game. Taylor at least knows what to expect. You'd do well to make a decent CB out of Nawrocki, Welsh and Trusty combined but I'd go for Nawrocki as the least worst option.

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Not seen anything that makes me think that is true yet. Trusty for me starts at the weekend.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Foley1888

I think the criticism of Trusty has been way over the top. He wasn’t our worst player by any stretch the other night. I do think he lacks something around defensive instincts but it’s too early to write him off.

Tommy25 and RabS like this.
  20. celtic warrior

Trusty starts for me. Without a doubt.

Injuries aside which force changes... the only change I make is for Hatate to start.

Will he happy to see a cleansheet and a strong 2-0 or 3-0. I'm not expecting a massive anger show where we take out all our troubles against Ross County.

I just want to see a controlled game, get in, get out, cleansheet - done.

Tommy25 likes this.