1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by dbhoy72, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He was * shocking.

2. T.Rogne25

I went early with the dismissal of him based on what I had seen before, his debut and his suitability to us. I always hops I am proven wrong eventually but that looks like 6 million quid * down the drain.

Whenever you feel sorry for a player during a game it’s the biggest flag there is.

I wouldn’t have went with him as I would never play two left sided centre halves but he looked like he had his legs and arms the wrong way round.

3. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Looks to be no better than Welsh.

4. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    All the CB's in Europe and we go for this guy? I thought he was supposed to have pace? Don't know why we never pushed the boat out for a £10m+ CB when it's such a critical position.

mayo and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    New scapegoat found.. seriously if we had prime Baresi last night we'd still of been humped by 7.. football is a team game and he had zero help from anyone around him...

How many goals were actually his fault? I'm not saying he was good but * me he hadn't a chance last night

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. kalus99

It’s too easy to pick the usual players and blame them, this result was 100% down to Rodgers inability or unwillingness to change his game plan, we all know we need a solid DM but he doesn’t.

McGregor is probably still our best player but he looked awful because he’s not a DM, can play it in the SPL because it’s easy.

We can’t handle a team who presses hard (* Falkirk caused problems) yet we constantly try to play through it.

It’s not on the players, sure they’re not quite good enough at CL level but should be able to compete, at least make a game of it, getting humiliated was purely down to our game plan.

Hammy89 and thailandceltic like this.
  7. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    You think we'd have conceded 7 with CCV playing? He got caught on the wrong side several times, was poor for Adeyemi's first. He was brutal.

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

No sure Cameron would have made that much of a difference

Dortmund were brilliant in the game

9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Garbage as expected. We are a very good and capable side, but our back line is a complete joke. If our backline matched the rest of the team, we would be competing.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm not going to use this game to beat him with.

No one got pass marks.

11. saltire78

Dortmund moved on us with a different level of play and speed in the exact same way that our exact same team will do to many of the Scottish teams... There's no shame in admitting we got skelped by a far superior team.

We had 2 major issues - we foolishly believed our own hype and thought we'd turn them over without it being an exceptional event, and we continue to operate a system that we believe to be our "philosophy" even though it has consistently been eviscerated by the top teams in Europe.

At 3 I said to a mate we either pull the midfield back on top of the defence and bunker down to stifle their attacks and concede to nothing but defensive roles for the rest of the game or it was going to be a gory, and long, night of them stripping us apart... It was a painful choice that we seem incapable/unwilling to consider...

Ultimately, last night was an embarrassment but means * all on the bigger picture. We were unlikely to get anything from them - maybe a filthy, boring draw, but even that was asking a lot on what we saw of them yesterday. Hit reset, get back into it domestically, try to get the points we actually can in the other matches...

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

His positioning is worse than Welsh, constantly caught out not tracking runners or covering the backline. He was thrown in the deep end but he didn’t show any positives last night.

Surely Nawrocki can’t be * worse than him and Welsh.

Merseysidehoops likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    CCV hasn't exactly been great this season either so yes I do believe we would of conceded 7, the entire team was absolute dog *.. if people want to cling to this comfort blanket, fairplay, it was all Scales fault last season..ha

14. Pearse67*

Trusty, lagerbielke, nawrocki, who the * is scouting these players???

over £10m spent not to mention wages.

15. Martybhoy53

Is there a 6 month warranty with this *? He is abysmal. Positioning is all over the place and weak in the tackle.

16. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    CCV has only conceded 1 goal all season. His positional sense is levels above what we seen last night from Trusty, who was all over the place. I don't think they'd have scored more than 5 if he was playing.

honda likes this.
  17. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Agree completely, makes you laugh when people are saying even if we had VVD and
    Another top centre half we still would have conceded 7. Utter drivel and nonsense by them, just trying to justify it.

The club has spent 6 million on a player who will be good domestically and that’s it.

purple patch at Birmingham aside this is the same player who played like that last season with Sheffield United in the premier league.

When CCV is fit Rodgers would be mad to drop Scales, so effectively Trusty should be back on the bench.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah but who has CCV opposition been. As I said I'm not saying Trusty was good last night I'm just saying let's not make him the scape goat, the entire team was * as was the manager.

Would of CCV made a difference, to be honest probably not..maybe we'd only got beat by 5 not 6.. ha

Trusty has played one full game for us and he's thrown in to play Dortmund away where our manager has decided to play suicidal football against one of the best teams in the world.

I honestly don't blame the players last night although some of them were atrocious and couldn't do the basics, for me this is 100% on Rodgers..

In fairness also some of us before the game were saying go for it, see where we stand against this opposition.. we got our answer, we are nowhere near this level...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 9:22 AM
  19. Mr. Slippyfist

There's literally zero point in discussing CCV. He was injured, never played so anything else is purely supposition.

Trusty played beside Scales. The two of them have played ONE game together prior to this.

Both were part of an entire defence that shipped 7 goals. A total shambles from start to finish.

Trusty was part of a number of players who could not pass the ball from A-B.

Cannot write him off after two games ffs, is this what type of support we have now?

thailandceltic and snails67 like this.
  20. celtic warrior

Behave, we've lost 6-1 with VVD and Forster in defence and goals and 4-0 with CCV in defence, * 4-1 to a bunch of kids with Ajer and Jullien in defence against Sparta Prague.

Dortmund by and large were still a squad of players who reached a CL final last season and have have quality additions on the bench like Nmecha, Duranville and Sabitzer which shows you how strong their 11 is.

Dortmund have a criminally underrated squad, stick the badge of Barca or PSG on them and not a single * would be talking about how this hurts more than previous skelping.

thailandceltic likes this.