1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by dbhoy72, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt before he signed as Sheffield Utd were a shitshow, but that was as poor a display as I've ever seen. Even at the CL level.

He might well come good but I think this might be money * down the drain on early viewing.

2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Looked good at the weekend as we spanked St Johnstone and looked hopeless tonight when we were on the receiving end. I'll reserve judgement for now.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The defence had no protection from the midfield can't single him out.

4. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    * won a soccer scholarship to pay for school because he was too much of an uncoordinated * to make it in any other sport now he's here making a * of our defence. Makes scales look like Van dijk, sell him to the new York knicks to be a backup ball boy.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Put the beers down.

martin_d and BhoyFitz like this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

* up with the “told ya so” pish. There’s not a worse trait in a football fan than that.

You did it after the Falkirk game, funnily silent after St Johnstone, now you’re back out your hole again.

Boring.

7. Big C

Give the boy a chance, he was playing on the wrong side, he’s all left foot.

BhoyFitz and Random Review like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Makes Ambrose look like Desailly.

9. tuna_matata

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andreas Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Come on you Bhoys in Green
    People need to relax whole team and the managers tactics were rank rotten. Not going to slaughter trusty

BhoyFitz likes this.
  10. Lewis Kerr

A six million pounds panic buy.

He might turn out to be a decent backup long-term, but the signs were worrying beforehand and he's been poor in the two games he's had to defend in.

Totally wrong profile of player to sign, very much indicative of our lacklustre and haphazard approach to recruitment.

Should have went for someone who is more experienced or someone with obvious quality. Not a guy who's done nothing in his career bar a half-decent season for a Birmingham side that stayed in the Championship on goal difference.

Merseysidehoops and Peej like this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Agreed. He may turn good, but when you're spending £6m on a player, you're expecting better.

I get he's on the right side when he's left footed, but again at 6m, I expect that not to be too much of an issue.

Work to be done. But it's unlikely this is gonna be the CB pairing option we needed for CCV.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

I said when he signed that he's not an upgrade on Scales, or Starfelt and Jenz before him. Obviously Nawrocki and Lagerbielke look miles off it too. But in terms of individual ability at centre half, we've clearly regressed since the 22/23 season.

As you said, you'd expect a lot better for £6m. With that said, I doubt CCV would have made any difference to that scoreline today as our midfield constantly exposes the defence in Europe.

BhoyFitz and Peej like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Everyone was * on thr night but worryingly he didn't look comfortable when tested again.

I'll still maintain that the midfield set up in Europe really kills our defenders at times but still.

Mince.Charming and BhoyFitz like this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

He'll come good I guarantee it

Needs time

15. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Hit a nerve, you * up. Will he do domestically aye. Bit is he worth 6 million and will do it in the champions league nah.

Like it or not only myself but others stated he wasn’t good enough.

If you don’t like it don’t reply. Now * off back you go.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I never thought the defence played too bad, they were just massively exposed.

There was no real massive blunders or people making a * of themselves or panicking or anything. Just we let them run at our defence 4 on 4 literally about 15 times and they scored plenty of goals from the chances.

Was nothing anyone could really have done to stop anything, the tactics were just wide open. Bernardo and Engels were playing about 20 yards ahead of McGregor and McGregor was about 15 in front of the defence, they also pushed guys up the park and everytime we lost the ball they played 1 pass and were in charging at us who were wide open and high up the park.

Taylor have the ball away 4/5 times and Johnston once or twice but it was also mostly down to us being spread too far apart and then we got terrorised.

CCV could have played and we'd still have conceded as many goals as everyone was exposed and open.

17. Lewis Kerr

I will say this, I thought he looked better in the second half.

Still think he'll be a waste of money but it's hard to slate him or Scales when they have no protection in front of them.

They waltzed through Engels, Bernardo and McGregor at will. As is always the case in Europe.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We could have had Saliba and Van Dijk playing tonight and would probably still have conceded 4, they'd have resuced the odd couple of goals with their power and pace but when you are that open it's going to be pishing goals regardless.

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Du wei got chased for less

20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We could have Van Djyk and Rudiger playing there and it would make very little difference if your midfield don't protect ur centre backs and constantly allow 3 or 4 players to run through at them there is very little hope for any cb.

Thier isn't a top level club in any country in world football who doesn't play with an out and out defensive midfielder yet for some reason we think we are too * good for one.

Maybe worthwhile remembering the last time we done anything of note in this competition was the last time we had a proper defensive midfielder in Wanyama.

As for Trusty I didn't think he was any worse than anyone else but where folk on here desperate to slate the signing depite knowing very little about him and forming opinions based off of some * Sheffield utd forum and guy was always gonna get it in the neck from the "I told you so brigade"