1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic should bid to host the 2027 Champions League final

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Sep 25, 2024 at 7:04 AM.

Discuss Celtic should bid to host the 2027 Champions League final in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

McGinn’s agent was still on the phone to try and get Celtic to match the offer when he was on his way down to Villa. We * about and waited too long.

2. vortex666

Wasn't it few years ago at the agm we were told it would cost over 100million to do anything to the main stand .

3. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Not sure we meet requirements in any case but I'm sure I read previously all applications have to he submitted by your countrys football association and sfa are never putting us forward over that own * hole hampden

4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was to increase the height level to match the other stands and increase capacity to between 75,000 and 80,000 as well as fixing the pillars so everyone can see the match unobstructed.

5. kenniemk2

Yeh they said because of that it’s not feasible …..

Real Madrid at the time with 600 m turnover pushed the button on a billion dollar build that didn’t increase capacity

So Celtic with a 90 to 120 m turnover a year can afford a 100 m project

The now I think their remit is to improve in champions league and improve coefficient to guarantee it for few seasons then look at the expansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk