1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 26, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

Same as trusty really, was pretty poor but would be incredibly harsh to judge him too much based on that game alone.

Whilst I don’t doubt Taylor could be improved upon that should show just how much he’s taken for granted and it might take more than a few million quid to do that.

FranceCelt likes this.
  2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not arguing with any of that, just more curious why him in particular.

Think today illustrated a few things:
    - Taylors a decent, reliable LB and expecting a prospect from Barca to replace him immediately (as some have suggested) is pie in the sky
    - Schmichael is not going to go a season without conceding (even though he already had :56:) and is being hyped too early
    - Rodgers needs to rotate a few players more often to bleed them into the team

Not to judge Valle too soon, but today did make me wonder why we just didn't keep Matthew Anderson in the squad instead. Feels like a similar project to Valle.

FranceCelt, JC Anton and constant like this.
  3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I’d say he was sent to us to develop his game in a physically challenging league. Very early days and it’s hard to judge because of the circumstances, but he looked a bit of a boy amongst men, TBF he’s 20 is he not?

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He did show good awareness to assist for Bernardo..

5. JamesM09

He had a couple of really neat and fluid touches and the assist for Bernie’s goal was nice too.

But I felt it we never got a great account of him because of the disjointed nature of the team on that side.

I want to see him coming into the starting 11 when we’re firing on all cylinders to see what he can really do.

NomDePlum likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

Give him guys like Engels and Maeda also working the left side and I'm sure we'd see a different player

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. Sean Treacy

Way too early to call it but he needs a few starts alongside Scales & CCV, with Reo and Maeda in front of him

8. sabzz1888

Would like to see him with our first pick team around him, I think he would shine.

Countless times I seen him in space but he was not getting the ball from Palma who then killed most of the moves and defensively didnt help him much either.

Sean Treacy likes this.
  9. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Because the fans would have been in uproar. Like it or not, there's still a mentality that a Spanish player is beter than a Scotish one, especially if he's a "Barca prospect". If Matthew Anderson had played like that yesterday he'd have been hounded.

Boy could come good, but I'd prefer we gave the chances to our own players/prospects.