1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Treacy

Another assist, well done wee man

2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thought he was excellent tonight. Really attacking and some great passes/link up play, particularly for the Idah goal.

3. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

5. Sean Treacy

Perfect player to bring on with his experience. lovely assist too. He is so economical with the ball, always seems to make the right decision.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Unreal comeback from him. Was literally no where to be seen for 2 years. Now back setting up goals in the Cl.

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The quality of that ball he played has been in my head all day, it was just a world class piece of play with the timing, wee delay then execution. Guy is still a huge asset for us.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It’s a shame he had two serious injuries in a row as it clearly hampered him for a while. Still has a lot to offer.

Skelleto, Morcombe and Random Review like this.
  9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All the talk was of our new signings and rightfully so, but wee Jamesy comes on and plays the pass of the night to set up Idah. The Legend makes another telling contribution.

Mo-Neill12 likes this.
  10. Big C

What a contribution. You see why Brendan loves him, keeps the ball, makes the correct decision, drives at defenders and can play a killer pass. So much football intelligence.

The_Bhoy and Mo-Neill12 like this.
  11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Love the wee man, I wonder how many wingers he has seen come and go across the city in his time here lol

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

James Forrest says Celtic’s squad is one of the best he’s EVER been part of - and revealed he’s ready to sign up for another year under Brendan Rodgers.

The 33-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season but already has his eye on a new deal at Parkhead. Forrest is still a key player at Celtic and came off the bench in their thumping 5-1 Champions League win over Slovan Bratislava on Wednesday night. Forrest, who has won an incredible 24 trophies over 15 years at Celtic, will feature in their Premier Sports Cup quarter-final against Falkirk today

He reckons he hasn’t played in many better teams than the one Rodgers has now assembled. And the veteran winger is desperate to be a part of it for as long as possible. Asked if this is one of the strongest squads in his time at the club, Forrest said: “Aye, I think the manager has recruited well

He’s always talked about quality over quantity and he’s definitely got that now. You can see the players he’s signed have already made an impact. That’s great for the players who were already here. It’s good when players come in and really freshen it up. That’s what’s happened so far.

For myself, the end of last season was really good, I really enjoyed my football. And I’ve enjoyed the start of this one as well. Obviously I’m getting older but I feel I’ve still got a part to play and I love it here. Being at Celtic, such a massive club - I’ve been here my whole career. I’d love to stay on and that will maybe come into the discussion at some point.”

Forrest will 34 at the start of next term but says he isn’t ready to hang up his boots yet. He might not be a regular starter for Rodgers but - as he proved in Europe in midweek - the Scotland wide man can still contribute as Celtic go for more silverware

Forrest said: “I’ve started this season feeling good and I haven’t even thought about stopping, to be honest. I’m really enjoying playing just now

I'm looking forward to being involved in big games like the Champions League the other night. The squad has a really positive feel about it just now so I want to keep working hard and play in as many games as I can.

Random Review and Crilly like this.
  13. kenniemk2

Deserves year extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random Review likes this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    As a young player he was absolutely infuriating. I actually got the point where I actively hated him; constantly running at opposite players with his head down, getting dispossessed, then sitting on the grass with his arms in the air, looking at the ref.

Totally different player now. No greed, no complaints, no running into brick walls... Hes an all round attacking mid, still got a trick or two and a yard of pace over most of the spl jobbers, but his greatest asset now is his vision and anticipation.

Imagine putting this footballer into his 25 year old body.
    He thrived under Rodgers first time around, and is doing so again. Happy enough to see him feature again next term.

15. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I do get where you're coming from, but a big part of why Forrest did so well during BR's first stint, was the understanding that he had with Tom Rogic - a fact that even JF himself has acknowledged more than once, both back then and since.

16. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He has matured into a really clever player. Doesn't rush things , knows when to slow down and then pick the pass. He's really well suited to the situation where we are recycling the ball in opposition final third looking for the opening . Absolutely perfect to rotate with Kuhn .

Hammy89 and Sean Treacy like this.
  17. Sean Treacy

Yes, its like he has reinvented himself with his pace in decline. Such a clever user of the ball now, always seems to make the right decisions.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    This is it about Forrest.

He's almost reinvented himself as his pace slows with time. He's now like a Mooy winger.

This is the best consistency we've seen from him ever imo. He's been managed superbly with a few minutes here and there to help control a game and manage it out.