1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Hatate is easily the most disrespected player in our team. He gets the Edouard treatment with the unfair hyperanalysis of his body language.

People forget just how bad we were last season until Hatate came in. He could maybe be more consistent at times but there is a reason other players always seem to play so much better when Hatate is on the pitch (Kyogo, Maeda, Mcgregor)

2. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    For me he really showed his ability in the games against Real Madrid - looked genuine CL quality against them.

Hammy89 and hendycfc like this.
  3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What worries me with Reo is that i think he has problems with his mentality. Not saying he has attitude issues, even though it is possible that he have that. He is almost as inconsistant as Samaras sometimes which imo makes him a bench player untill he sort that out. Can't trust him to put on a good performance so Bernardo starts over him from now on for me.

It would be a different story if he was a 6/10 on a bad day, but he is more like a 2-3/10 on a bad day and a 9/10 on another day. Nothing in between.

Im starting to think that the Japan manager whispers in his ear while he leave him out the team game after game.

4. Big C

I totally agree. Take the emotion out of it, we all like him, when was the last time he had a really good game since livi when he returned from injury? He’s had a decent game here and there but nothing special at all and certainly never had 3 or 4 games at a high level back to back.

Skelleto likes this.
  5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    A lot of people seem to want to see Bernardo and Engels playing but I just couldn't think about Hatate not playing.

I feel like when Taylor, McGregor and Hatate are playing together then the team just flows better the way they all move into space off the ball and can take a ball on the turn and open gaps up etc

Removing him it probably won't look right again even though he's not in top form or anything.

We've won 25 of the last 26 domestic matches Hatate played in, the other being the 3-3 draw with the huns.

With Hatate
    25 Wins
    1 Draw
    0 Lost

Without Hatate
    15 Wins
    5 Draws
    4 Lost

6. Slaw

Hatate coming back from injury last season was the turning point of our season imo. His energy and dynamism in midfield is so important. I think we saw multiple times that Bernardo/O’Riley and O’Riley/Rogic didn’t really work. I feel like Bernardo/Engels could be similar in that way. I want the low centre of gravity of Hatate in there alongside Cal personally.

7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's had a good start to the season imo. Hearts probably his poorest game, especially with getting caught on the ball but he was excellent against Kilmarnock, unplayable vs St Mirren, decent vs Hibs and the huns. He's always gonna have the same haters in here if he doesn't put in a 10/10 performance every week.

HoopyT likes this.
  8. Mr Hoopy

We definitely struggle more when he is not in the team.

His presence, energy and quality is there in abundance - he just can't seem to last beyond 70 mins which is a concern for me.

Similar to big Tam in that respect but he was 60 min guy...

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Tbf, McGregor & CCV must have been missing for some of those loses and draws too..

But, I do get his importance will be interesting to see what Rodgers does with the midfield tomorrow.

McGregor, Bernardo & Engels seems more solid, even at this early stage with Engels. Bernardo always seems to effect the game. Where as Hatate due to his inconsistency seems more of gamble, in some ways. Although he's a match winner when on it.

To have these strong options in the midfield is definitely a nice conundrum to have.

neilly1987 and JML67 like this.
  10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The difference in the team last season when we dropped points when he was injured was that the bench had players like Holm and Iwata for cover. We are stronger now and we have to chose between Hatate and Bernardo, and for me Bernardo has a better "bad day" than what Hatate has. While other midfielders is bad on a bad day, Hatate is a man down. Harsh but true. On a good day is a whole different story.

11. Sean Treacy

Aside, I would love to see all 4 start in midfield, with Kyogo and Maeda up top.
    I know it wont happen as BR tends to be rigid in his formation

12. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    I think we would be more solid in terms of stifling the opposition and closing off passing lanes, but Hatate is very good at pressing, probably better than Engles.

I think we also lose a bit of the dynamism when Hatate is out, his early through balls to our front 3 are extremely important for us.

Crilly likes this.
  13. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I'm a big fan of Reo. He has a vision that nobody else in the side doesn't and can pick out a killer pass. He's not the full package though. He can be careless in possession and sometimes defensively is a little weak. For all that we are a better team with him in it.

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    A good old 442. Actually very rare these days. Only here in Sweden we are 20 years behind and play dinosaur football formations.

15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Do you watch much of the superettan Skelleto?

Skelleto likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

Too often there has been times where Hatate has been out for extended time and it really shows in the speed of play on the pitch.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Hatate is just one of those players that gets in his head too much and sometimes too quickly. Pass goes astray seems to get to him.
    Was same when abada was here, oriley at times too.

So fir me it's a mentality thing and that can get worked on. Not going to be 10/10 every game but for me...manager needs to be braver when he sees when hatate is not on it and get him off earlier

18. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    You might want to count how many late goals rogic scored for us before saying he was a 60min player

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Not so much these days as my team Halmstad play in the top division, but I guess I will next season as we are * and most likely face relegation lol

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Conversely I think he’s the most over rated in our squad because for all of his ability, he’s ridiculously inconsistent and people seem to have 2 A4 pages of ready made excuses for him why that’s the case. He can’t just be inconsistent it’s because he’s just back from Japan, just back from injury, hasn’t played enough pro football, isn’t match fit, needs half a dozen full games, needs a cuddle - any of the above. They get thrown out soon as he has a bad game, which is currently every other game and has been for quite a while.