1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

'Honest' mistakes 24/25

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 20, 2023.

Discuss 'Honest' mistakes 24/25 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How the * can that be allowed? He's advising the player what to do, urging him not to make a tackle. Sacrificing his own breath in the process that may have allowed him to keep up and see/assess the game.

NakamuraTastic and cas79 like this.
  2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Mind madden holding back hun players from assaulting ours, the protection they get is off the scale

Sent from my 21121210G using Tapatalk

Twisty and Artorias like this.
  3. ladbroke8

Incredible to hear the ref coaching/begging the rangers player not to lunge in from behind then pretending they got the ball

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He also said it would take £1.3m to introduce semi automated offside VAR lines they use in Europe. Celtic, rangers, Aberdeen and hearts are already set up for it. Works out about £162,500 for other clubs to install it. England using it this season should be implemented asap in Scotland.

Morcombe and JC Anton like this.
  5. kenniemk2

It hilarious them from the other side saying g you ever seen a ref … ref a game … using grass roots football as an example …. Grass roots is about teaching kids how to play the game properly and refs will help out in that … this is competitive football if the player wants to go in and make a mistake then the ref has no right to try influence it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. kenniemk2

Fully expect the offside one to be in next months as that game was played this month the show is showing examples from last months games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That was our second "offside" they used the arm for (first one was either first or second game) and the rangers one was a week either side of our first.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I like Willie Collum tbh and have always thought he was by far the most fair out of a useless bunt of refs. It is good for scottish football that he works hard on getting scottish refs reputation up.

Actually about time someone explained how VAR works in Scotland. For those who did not watch, they draw the line with the body part that play the ball if that make sense. To get a more exact line like they have in the EPL, every club will need to buy equipment that cost each club 1.3 million.

Get that done. Celtic can pay for everyone. we are loaded and will win in the end on it.

I actually think the guy is genuin in wanting to improve the standard of refereing.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024 at 12:34 PM
    ladbroke8 likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've never liked that wee creep Collum but you have to credit this. Some transparency and explanations for some incidents and looks like he's trying to at least change some things at the top/shaking it up..

That Lawrence one is as damning as it gets though. I've always called Robertson out as a cheat. Many many instances of cheating. His decision at Ibrox last year to allow a red card challenge at nil nil (v county) last man and shrug the shoulders. Disallowing a last minute Livi equaliser against them for literally nothing. That there again in the video actively telling Lawrence no to foul as he knows he'll have to card him....my word. Then he does exactly that and he says great tackle...again, mental....and they go and score straight from it..

Thar for me is pure and utter cheating to every extent and everyone can see and hear it loud and clear..

No only is he now a bonafide cheat but he's the worst culprit I've ever seen following football for allowing tackles that endanger opponents to go unpunished. There is a catalogue of them on us from Bowman on KT at Celtic Park all the way through and have been mentioned on here by a few of us umpteen times..

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    England asks what club you support, so it obviously does matter and can matter. The fact is we know it's true, you get hun refs doing the after dinner speaking circuit bragging about dodgy decisions. Madhun on the BBC laughing that he is a hun because he'd been asked.

The reality is though, too many are huns and they know it. VAR could be done by someone in any country, they don't have to be in the same country while the game is being played.

If Collum feels he can't do without the hun refs then he has to at least try and even it out with the VAR refs. Having Dallas and Walsh as the ref pair during a Rangers match is dodgy as *.

Peej, DonnyCelt, AdamRS and 1 other person like this.
  11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    :88:

13. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    This seems like a warning shot from Collum to his hun colleagues.

He must be hurting about how they all stood back and did nothing when the huns came after him.

Hopefully this will reduce some of the more blatant * they've been getting away with.

88jimmij88 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

So apparently, this kinda dialogue between refs and players is very common. On SSB they were all surprised there had been a backlash about it cause it's common place on the pitch.

Never knew that, oh well.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When I was playing Sunday league you'd have vocal refs but I don't remember them ever telling us no to tackle, certainly if a player hadn't even been carded in open play..

Their points about in the box everyone knows. Hands off. Stop grabbing. Pushing etc. Just before or as a balls coming in but no buying that excuse for Lawrence. Then to go shouting great tackle for the most blatant foul and yellow you'll see? Nag, no having that..

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I took the semi automated cost as 1.3m total, the way he described it on Clyde SSB.
    Something I think the too 4 or 5 clubs would be happy to pay for, but the lesser clubs who are heavily reliant on things like 4 games against us and them to fill their stands every season, will baulk at the idea of forking out any more money for VaR.

As for collum himself, I'd agree, of the bunch he's not terrible. He's useless as a ref though.
    A lot of what I've heard him say this last few days regarding getting refs up to scratch and what not, he's been mad guilty of being that poor in his own ref career.
    I'll point everyone to one obvious example of how inept he was as a ref - the penalty he awarded against Majatorovic a decade ago, where Collum back was literally turned against the incident and he gave a penalty because the Hun was on the floor.

Skelleto likes this.
  17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Wow if its 1.2 mill total just pay for it right away. Ridiculous stuff really.

Peej likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    When I heard it at first I wondered why so little and not being done.
    Maybe I misheard though.

Skelleto likes this.
  19. henriks tongue

I don't subscribe in any way to conspiracy theories and paranoia, I do see incompetence but not bias - but that var audio....hmmm

Even if you make an allowance for advising/coaching and trying avoid a clear foul (rugby refs do this all the time).
    It's the over familiarity and calling a player by his first name that doesn't sit at all well.
    I'll guarantee the same ref doesn't know the first names of all the Ross County or Airdrie players.

FranceCelt and AdamRS like this.
  20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yeah they're supposed to be'neutral' lol