1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic and Admira Wacker partnership

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Jun 23, 2023.

Discuss Celtic and Admira Wacker partnership in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Na I'm sure he was let go mate

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  2. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Permanent? I knew he went on loan but thought was due back. Checked on transfermarkt there n what I took is he’s returning from loan

edit: I think you’re right actually I think his contract expired

3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Two Celtic players move to the southern city on loan

Admira strengthens its squad with two promising talents from Celtic Glasgow: Matthew Anderson and Ben Summers come to the southern city.

While Anderson was already on loan for the Lower Austrians last season and impressed with strong performances on the left wing, attacking midfielder Ben Summers is now also joining Admira. Both players are expected to join the team on Thursday, as Anderson is currently still playing for the Scottish U21 national team.

Admira's sporting director Peter Stöger was optimistic about the new signings: "Matthew and Ben are two highly talented players who have gained experience at a high level at a young age. Matthew showed us what he is capable of last season and we are happy to have him back with us. Ben brings a breath of fresh air to the attacking midfield and will give us new options in shaping the game. We are convinced that both players will take our team significantly further this season."

Crilly likes this.
  4. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Would’ve liking anderson to get an spfl loan but atleast he’ll get minuted there. Still a decent level for him to be playing at tbf. Good move for summers and keeps the partnership sweet

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not entirely sure this was a positive move for Anderson. Would've prefered a loan to either an SPFL team or down south somewhere, as going back to where he has already done well - is still going back to a team in the Austrian 2nd Division. Of course the caveat in all of that is that, once no other loan opportunities materialized, it was either to play with the Celtic B team in the Lowlands league or go back out to Admira and play football. So in that regards, good for him. Hope he does as well this season as he did last.

Also Summers did reasonably well with Dunfermline (I think it was last season), so going out and playing football is always better at a higher level than the Lowlands league is, and it underlines that connection with the 2 clubs once again, so there are positives to take from this news.

Have a great season, lhads.

RabS likes this.
  6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think it is fantastic that we have partnerships like this. I would prefer if we had it with a League 2 club in england or even national league. I think we should have that kind of partnership with 2-3 clubs so we could loan out more playes.