1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

European players praising Celtic Park atmosphere. Flattering or meaningless?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by bones58, Sep 8, 2024.

Discuss European players praising Celtic Park atmosphere. Flattering or meaningless? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've become a tick box in football tourism.. for players and supporters of their clubs..

I want a team on the pitch that does the atmosphere justice and players to think * me this is going to be tough.

2. Sween

It feels like it's been quite some time since the atmosphere in the champions league was special. I think continually losing has taken the energy out of the crowd a bit. It's probably still genuinely special for the smaller clubs visiting- Bratislava players next week will probably have never experienced anything like it.

I don't mind if opposition players talk about it. I really hate the self congratualory "best fans in the world" pish though.

Random Review and AdamRS like this.
  3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    In the past the atmosphere at CP was phenomenal, but in all honesty over the past 10 years that white hot atmosphere doesn’t seem to happen, why not I don’t really know.

4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Embarrassing, pathetic and meaningless. Are we looking for victories in the CL at home on a regular basis or a 5 star trip advisor review??

5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The atmosphere is unique and should be praised, I for one am proud of what our fans bring not just the noise but the whole package of being decent human beings, bringing joy and celebration to every game we go to, and the fact so many outside our support take notice is something to behold

Sent from my 21121210G using Tapatalk

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I rathered they feared it like the MON era than praised it. The thing is most of these players playing in the CL are top professionals and are now well used to playing in hostile atmospheres all over the world in all kinds of conditions so It doesn't have the same advantage of years gone by.

So in short I don't really give a * ha

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would rather players hate coming here.

Feel like it's become an enjoyable experience to come as they know they'll walk it regardless of the atmosphere. Best of both worlds would be if we can get back to winning regularly and still having that top atmosphere.