1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Viljami Sinisalo

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Jul 16, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Viljami Sinisalo in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jvalin

I got nothing against Kasper, but I think Sinisalo should have started today. Very conservative approach by BR.

2. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man saves that header

JML67 likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Schmeichel oot

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli...le-kokenut-mitaan-sellaista/9001190#gs.eqx1t4

Viljami Sinisalo, 22, is busy with Lukas Hradecky and Jesse Joros, who are higher in the hierarchy in the national football team, which is preparing for the opening of the Nations League. However, the recent twists and turns in the goalkeeper's career point to a different kind of future

The 190-centimeter Sinisalo signed a five-year contract with Scottish Premier League giant Celtic in the summer. According to the British media, Celtic paid Aston Villa a million pounds, i.e. just under 1.2 million euros in transfer compensation. According to MTV Urheilu, there was interest in Sinisalo from many directions.

- That's all I'm saying, when Celtic was a concrete option, you didn't have to think about it many times. We are talking about one of the biggest football clubs in the world, and such an opportunity does not come up many times in a career, if ever, Sinisalo told MTV Urheilu.

- After the way those five years were described to me, it would have been stupid not to get involved

The pattern is pretty much as simple as it looks. Even at the age of 38, Kasper ( Schmeichel ) is still a top goalkeeper, who signed a one-year contract, which seems to include the club's option for an additional year, but the plan is very far that I will be Celtic's future number one. I have to be ready for that.

Sinisalo, who was born in Hyvinkää, has spent the last few years on loan at England's third highest league level with Exeter City and Burton Albion. The screens in the first mentioned opened the way to larger galleries.

- You have to be realistic. You don't jump directly from League One to Celtic's starting goalkeeper, but I already know that this season the responsibility is coming. Certainly even more next season. If I'm Celtic's number one keeper at the age of 24-25, I've succeeded in my plan, and after that we'll talk about a little bigger things.

Last season, Sinisalo kept a clean sheet in Exeter City 13 times in 45 series matches and once in the four League Cup matches he played.

At the age of 16, who went from FC Espoo to Aston Villa, his dream was to become the first goalkeeper of the famous representative team. At least at this stage, the goal was not achieved.

- I'm really grateful to everyone I've had the chance to work with at Villa. I got to learn there from many different goalkeepers, coaches from different countries, different game systems. They were good for six years.

For the very first time, Sinisalo is not playing in Scotland. In 2020-2021, he gained about half a year of experience at Ayr United, which prepared the then 18-year-old Sinisalo for the current Celtic era, above all linguistically. Teemu Pukki, who also represented Celtic, also served as one of Sinisalo's advisers before the deal was struck in the summer.

- I learned about the country and friendly people at Ayr United. However, the culture there is a bit different than in England. However, this is, after all, football. People recognize here, here and there, Sinisalo smiles

Celtic has started Sinisalo's first season with the club by taking four wins out of four league matches. Sinisalo has not yet accumulated playing time.

- The beginning has been great. And best of all, we took a big derby win at the weekend. As I've said before, you don't necessarily realize how massive a football club is until you get there.

In the aforementioned derby victory, Celtic beat Rangers 3–0. The Old Firm between the two most popular and successful clubs in Scotland dates back to 1888.

- A completely stupid match. I've never experienced anything like You'll Never Walk Alone playing before a game and a crowd of 60,000 singing it. Celtic's finesse lies in the supporter culture and the default value that only winning is good

tarboltontim, Rydo1888*, RabS and 2 others like this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Fantastic attitude from that interview, really impressed with that.

Needs to start against Falkirk.

mayo, Rydo1888*, RabS and 2 others like this.
  6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    These new guys will get a stroke when the CL anthem gets going

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

mayo likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly it’s that spot on for what I want from a young player being coached into the role with an older vastly experienced option infront of him it seems bordering on feeding the guy lines to say. I don’t think it’s that though, any noises I’ve heard from him I’ve been mega impressed with the attitude.

He needs the league cup and/or Scottish Cup. If we back him to be what we think he will be, he needs the experience.

Peej likes this.
  8. PaddyJamieson

Top class attitude. Bodes very well indeed.

9. Big C

They’re not the only ones!!!

Skelleto likes this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would be playing him league Cup and Scottish Cup tbh.

Need to see what he's got.

martin_d and Crilly like this.
  11. Sween

It's a shame we have a bunch of away games after European games midweek as I would like to see him get an odd league game at home to the lesser sides. Definitely due a game in the league cup

martin_d, Peej and Sean Treacy like this.
  12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Play him as striker against sevco.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Great attitude and as we all assumed he's been told the situation that he's viewed to take over.

My only "gripe" is we didn't use him in the cup game against Hibs. I get we have the option for another year with Kasper, but we may not use that or Kasper may decide it's time to hang up the gloves. So I'd like is to use him in the cups, her him up to speed a bit quicker, on the chance he is needed next season and not in two.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  14. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    It important to give Kasper as much game time with our defenders as possible in the first few months. After he's developed as strong understanding with the defence, then give Sinisalo some cup games.

Liam Scales, JC Anton and Peej like this.
  15. Mr. Slippyfist

In an ideal world, yes he'll play some cup games and any if he's called upon.

But, that being said we may only have Kasper for a season so plenty of time for Sinisalo to establish himself for next season.

Peej likes this.
  16. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Schmeichel came here to win trophies, Sinisalo will need to bide his time for some league action, minus an injury to Kasper he won't play cup games

Skelleto, Taz and Twisty like this.
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This. Bar injury or suspension, Sinisalo will be limited this season. Hopefully he was brought here with forward thinking in place and the intention that he would be spending most of this season absorbing as much as he can from one of the best 'keepers in world football over the past 15-odd years and when time comes he will be ready to become first choice in his own right.

The_Bhoy and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  18. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    The more I think about this, the smarter it is. Kasper Smeichel is a great keeper, but who trained him and passed the knowledge on to him? His father, Peter Schmeichel. So what are we going to ask Kasper to do: train and pass knowledge on to Sinisalo. And who can Kasper ask for advice on how to do that: Peter. So we haven't just got a top keeper to train up Sinisalo, we have a top keeper who's dad was an amazing keeper and is likely and excellent goal keeping coach, and who Kasper can hit up for coaching advice.