1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristiano Ronaldo all 900 goals

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Notorious, Sep 6, 2024.

Discuss Cristiano Ronaldo all 900 goals in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    900 goals is insane. * him

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If you scored 40 goals a season for two decades you’d be on 800 in your career. That is insanity.

There’s players I’ve grown up watching, and watched during my early * years to now that are an absolute privilege to have experienced that career. Cristiano Ronaldo is unquestionably one of them. People get wrapped up in Messi vs Ronaldo arguments and downplay the other, I’m Messi in that argument but not at the expense of Ronaldo, him during his career has been insanity.

I have Messi, C Ronaldo, Maldini, Buffon, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and original Ronaldo as guys I’ve watched consistently during the times I’ve been utterly obsessed with football I’d argue to the death about being the greatest of the game. Some of them like Ronaldinho or Original Ronaldo showed it for brief flashes compared to the others, but such a high point it was beautiful to experience.

Cristiano Ronaldo though, might be the best role model for any burgeoning footballer ever, he shouldn’t talent wise been in the conversation with Messi. He absolutely is, and thats down to his sheer work.

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Couldn’t have said it more perfectly than that

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    900 is craziness, he is a bit of an * and even more so now is becoming more and more arrogant/cringey. But personality aside, he’s without doubt my favourite footballer ever from the journey he’s cultivated himself to get to this position. Wonder if at goals 1 and 2 he ever envisioned what could happen in 20 years

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He gets it harsh for the arrogance/cringy * more than anybody I can remember in football and I get it because he’s stroppy and it’s funny but it’s overplayed for me.

People build up a perceived mindset of guys like him, because he comes off an arrogant *. But he also has a lot of off the pitch charitable and basically sound as * stories as well, but doesn’t suit the narrative of him and how he’s acted on the pitch. Guys that dedicate themselves to the level he has are never going to be personality most * understand. Again the comparison with Messi who is the humble genius in the popular narrative. Both are absolutely driven winners in reality, with positive and negative * around them.

Ronaldo cries on the pitch a lot, so has Messi and depending on what one you like its been passion and how much they care or state of that look at that *.

I’m just delighted to have witnessed both of them. Like I was with Zidane and R9, or countless other examples of the greatest players. Social media has played a big part of one or the other and if you’re a fan of one down talk the other. It’s the two wildest world class careers I’ll ever witness, anybody who likes football who’s seen them should just be happy to have seen it.

EDIT: you were agreeing with me here but I went ranty again, its something that annoys me the downplaying of it because its insane man

AdamRS, King of Kings and The_Bhoy like this.
  7. Mr. Slippyfist

Bored after 1min watching that.

Ram yer goals amd 600 tap ins up yer hole, Fake Ronaldo!

HoopyT likes this.
  8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    On the likeability scale he's basically the Portuguese Lee McCulloch. Absolute fud who is in real danger of disappearing up his own *.

Crilly and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s scored 874 Top flight first team competitive club and country goals.

He has scored after tonight 901 goals including 27 under goals.
    That’s why his total is now 901 goals (not including friendlies)

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * him tap in merchant int he :56::56:

11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Doubt he’ll retire til he hits 1000

12. Waiting For An Alibi