1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I’m choosing Athens to live in over Glasgow every day that ends with a Y if I’m Scottish. Add to the fact he’s South American I’m sure it would have been an easy choice if he was even asked by us

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have not made any loan approach for Bournemouth's Chris Mepham.

The Hoops have been linked with a potential summer move for the centre-half, 26, who has told the Cherries he'd like to take on a fresh challenge this coming season. The defender has been followed by a number of clubs including Premier League sides down south but a few months back it was claimed Celts were interested in the £8million rated Welshman.

Football Scotland can confirm, however, that the Glasgow giants have not yet approached Bournemouth about Mepham and would indeed now find themselves competing with other clubs looking to bring the player in

In the midfield Brendan Rodgers could need at least two with Matt O'Riley on the way out as Brighton plot a record-shattering £25million plus for the Dane. Lausanne-Sport's Alvyn Sanches is one name on the list and has an asking price reported in his home country to be around £4.5million.

That fee would be a preference to the board rather than the £10m fee they'd be expected to pay Augsburg for Arne Engels who remains on the shortlist as an attacking midfield option that would be seen as a suitable replacement for O'Riley

Gustaf Lagerbielke is on his way to Heerenveen on loan according to Fussball Transfers after the Swede missed out on a switch to Lecce in January.

According to reports down south Leicester City are planning to test Celtic's resolve for Reo Hatate but the feeling there is there would be little chance of Rodgers allowing his departure

Meanwhile Football Scotland understands young left-back Matthew Anderson is to be allowed to leave the club on loan this summer with League One outfit Reading understood to be keen.

Crilly likes this.
  3. Slaw

Clubs in England are desperately looking for ways to skate around FFP rules to spend as much as possible. Meanwhile we sit on a stack of £100 million twiddling our thumbs. It’s utterly infuriating. The more days that tick by with no rumours it looks more and more likely that we’ll end up with the usual scrambling for a loan on deadline day and neglecting at least 1 position entirely that we’re in desperate need of improving.

I wish Rodgers would take a stance and demand what he wants. An ultimatum is in order.

4. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Would be a great loan for anderson, he’s gonna be quality

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Obviously speculation but

That fee (Sanchez) would be a preference to the board rather than the £10m fee they'd be expected to pay Augsburg for Arne Engels who remains on the shortlist as an attacking midfield option that would be seen as a suitable replacement for O'Riley.

Much money do we need to hoard * me man

6. Foley1888

Got to laugh on the Sanches bit that is pure speculation based on form rather than any knowledge. Same with Reo and Rodgers not letting them go. Infact the only information in that article is Matthew Andersson having Reading interest and we haven’t approached Bournemouth about Mepham.

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Nail on nut.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    A bigger, wider concern for me, is that if we don't strengthen and continue to be so backwards in our approach, Rodgers will leave.

I've said before, but if we won't back him, we literally won't back anyone.

This is a guy who's had unprecedented domestic success. What will it say to anyone following him if we are this flush yet so lackadaisical.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
    The_Bhoy, Peej, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  9. Slaw

It’s a crossroads for the club’s future. Fail to back Rodgers now and we will never be anything as a club. Utter mediocrity awaits if we stand still in this position.

10. FrankMcCallum

Greg Taylor has been the only left back in first team contention at the club for around 3 windows.

Absolutely disgusting.

Going in to the Champions League with Liam Scales as a starting centre back is a completely idiotic and unnecessary gamble.

These are two positions that should have been non negotiable. The total bare minimum before we move on to what we actually need.

Disgraceful way to run a football club. At any level, never mind ours.

Peej, Crilly and Slaw like this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    For the love of * will you * do something Celtic...

Is it time to panic yet?

Peej likes this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

This window is genuinely a 2/10 so far, and that's because we've probably upgraded on Hart and brought back Bernardo and Idah, despite being rinsed for the latter.

How no key position has been addressed yet is absolutely bewildering. Shambles FC.

Peej likes this.
  13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think anything will change unless one of the following happen

1 - Desmond and co leave and we get taken over
    2 - Rangers get their act together.

We'll get another two minimum, but I think we needed another 5, it's not good enough.

Lewis Kerr and Peej like this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Scales and Taylor heading into the CL with no competition for their places

[​IMG]

15. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Asleep at the wheel! Not only asleep it’s like they are in a * coma.

You can actually see Rodgers walking again, I wouldn’t blame him either.

thailandceltic and Peej like this.
  16. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Like what’s been said shocking we haven’t upgraded on scales and Taylor but with how much Rodgers has talked about left backs etc I have a feeling one is close to being done. Sneaky feeling it will be owen beck though. Lack of cb rumours is very worrying though

17. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    We are a tinpot total shambles of a club .Anybody who can't see that the board just want to keep us just in front of the huns and no more .We will get absolutely horsed in europe again oreilly will leave and we will spend no more than half his fee on the squad .Time to admit it lawell is a * parasite who should have been shown the door permanently long ago. Only a matted of time before Brendan walks and I for one would not blame him one little bit .SCUNNERED

craigtheceltic likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Completely. Leaving it late a well that any new signings now won't be up to speed for Huns game or early UCL games.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

19. themouth1888

We signed anyone else yet?

Someone who wasn't Brendans pal or already teed up but still took 2 months to sort?

20. Bangarangura

Don't think we will hear anything until after Matt goes , would be surprised if anyone new is walking through the door before next Monday