1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Zero confidence in bringing in 4 signings in 10+ days.

Lucky to get 2.

2. constant

I fully expect us to get 4, perhaps even 5 if we are lucky. I am sure Brendan has this in the bag.
    Forward planning and all that.

3. oh bhoy

its a cert ! do people really think we spent £3.5 m on bernardo just to play as back up

BhoyFitz likes this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I do think it's guaranteed we'll get a LB and an O'Riley replacement, and it wouldn't shock me if we get another midfielder on top of O'Riley's replacement.

I think it's almost guaranteed we get Beck as our LB, but I really hope it's Wijndal we push the boat for. Have a good feeling we'll get Engels but we need to get him in before St Mirren so he can play a part against the huns the following week. Could see McCowan coming in too but I hope for his sake he signs after Engels/O'Riley's replacement, otherwise I'd get the fear a little.

The lack of CB links are terrifying, really worried we'll go until January with what we've got, I think it's clear Rodgers has a bit of a blind spot with Scales, albeit his other options aren't exactly great.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Third striker
    Left centre back
    Left back
    Winger
    2 x CM

6 signings in 11 days * me that's a signing every 2 days not a * chance.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Issue with CB is we apparently have 3 who have been told no future at the club not willing to move

BhoyFitz likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    8 outgoings also I can see from that squad list on official website I don't think would see game time or brendan has said some of them they may move on.

Nawrocki
    Lagerbielke
    Yuki
    Shaw
    Matt
    Mikey
    Yang
    Holm

8. jambo_cfc

If/when oreilly goes I think we replace him with mccowan and Engels as Rodger’s mentioned signing two

BhoyFitz likes this.
  9. constant

Not so easy to find a good LCB, almost as hard as finding the equivalent of a LB. A few weeks ago the best some could come up with was Scott McKenna. I think we might pass on the winger, since we have a surplus of wingers, and the one we were keen on is injured, and Maeda can play the wing well too.

But we need the other 4/5 in.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We can leave third ST until later on, Maeda can easily play there, no issue.

As much as I'd like to see one in (especially Toure) I don't see us bringing a winger in, it looks like we're giving Yang and Palma another 6 months to prove themself. For me, It's looking highly likely neither will make it here, and I'd much rather we bring in another winger, but it can wait until January at worst.

Minimum for me needs to be a CM, CB and LB. Not getting that would be a failure of a window.

I think the huns crashing out the CL distracted a lot of people (myself included) regarding the over-all state of our business over the last week.. Don't get me wrong, it was incredibly funny and will royally * over their remaining business, but we need to fully focus on ourselves now.

Just over a week left, we can't really afford to have any more days without some concrete movement.

11. oh bhoy

we have a surplus of wingers who are nowhere near good enough

Lewis Kerr and BhoyFitz like this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Less than 4 weeks until the Champions League kicks off and two of those weeks are the international break. If we lose both MOR and Hatate then we are going into the CL horribly underprepared.

FFS would the board get their collective fingers out and start getting some incomings.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    You just gave me the fear.. it took us 2 months to get Idah and Bernardo back in the building. 6 signings in 11 days isn't happening unless all these players are already lined up.. is anybody on this forum or wider Celtic support confident this will happen? Because I'm sure as * not..

Interesting 11 days coming but I'm prepared for the worst..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. ML6

Aye thats no happening

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I think they're waiting on O'Riley leaving to use that money to buy a couple at most..it's infuriating considering the sum's of money we're sitting on. Knowing the Celtic board the money spent on Bernardo they'll say is O'Riley's replacement..well maybe get a left back and mccowan and that'll be it..you just know these * will short change us and bank about 20 million of the O'Riley doe.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
    NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Really disappointed AGAIN.

We now are evaluating saying we'll be glad/lucky to get two in, which I agree with now.

We shouldn't be in the situation because we all know we need 4 or 5. There's no excuse why we haven't.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think we will definitely sign a LB and 2xCM.

A LCB and a Winger will be dependent on who we get out the door in that position. We currently have 6 centre backs and 6 wingers. Unless we can get Kobayashi, Lagerbielke or Welsh out the door, preferably two of them, we won’t bring in another centre back. Same on the wings. Maeda, Palma, Forrest, Kuhn and Yang. For 2 positions is, bloated, and bloated with * to be honest.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Correct mate.

Think we know that the CB position especially is bloated. 3 of these guys been told they won't get game time by all accounts of reports and all 3 have offers but not moved yet. The one sold interest we have in another in Welsh we can't seem to let go due to the UEFA homegrown rule. Seems brendan would let mikey go and sign another Scottish association trained player like mccowan as he did say MJ has options and we will look at it before window closes as he wants to be playing.

Would get yang out in Scotland playing too on loan

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dunno about you guys but the thought of Welsh being first choice back up to scales and CCV gives me the absolute fear. Scales should be the sub defender and used for rotation with a competitive and competent left centre back in beside CCV

20. ML6

Its almost a certainty now with his injury record that CCV will be out for a good chunk of matches at some point this season, we are playing well just now but that defence is one injury away from being weak domestically never mind in Europe.