1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Aye always good to see previous club getting something back

Tommy25 and Celts88 like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Adam Idah insists he was having too much fun this summer to worry about the Celtic transfer saga at which he was at the centre.

The Irish international is back with the. Premiership champions after they finally sealed a deal with up to £9.5million with Norwich City following rejected bids and weeks of haggling. Brendan Rodgers made no secret of his desire to land Idah after his impressive loan spell last season, but things were getting nervy as a number of back up attackers left and Norwich continued to play hardball.

Despite it rumbling on, Idah insists he had a great summer staying well out of it all, kicking back on the beach while his agent worked away on trying to get a deal done, under strict instructions only to get in touch with his client when a return to the Hoops had been agreed. He said: "To be fair my summer was great - had a lot of holidays!" I said to my agent, 'Look, I don't really want anything to do with it, you do the work and just let me know when it's done

I found out the other day that it was done so I was happy with that. I didn't really want to get hooked too much on it and I'm just thankful to be here now

Despite being carpeted by the Canaries for missing a flight to a pre-season friendly, Idah insists he has no issue with the East Anglian club. He says they were aware of his desire to return to Glasgow permanently and that it was his choice to play in their opening day Championship defeat to Oxford Utd.

He added: "Everyone knew I wanted t be here but I was still contracted at Norwich. I still wanted to be professional. They knew the situation and were great with me. They asked me if I wanted to play the first league game and it was my choice to play.

Norwich are a club that gave me everything. It's where I grew up. I came there as a boy and left as man and I’ve got nothing but good things to say about Norwich. They've treated me great but these things happen in football. It's time to move on."

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    Tommy25, The_Bhoy and Celts88 like this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Irish Internationalist, Adam Idah took part in his first Celtic Park press conference today (Thursday) since returning to the Hoops from Norwich City.

The 23-year-old was a hit with the fans during his half-season loan spell last term, and his return on a five-year deal has seen him reclaim the No.9 Celtic shirt he wore with great success as the Hoops raced to a league and Scottish Cup Double.

Speaking today, the striker said: “When I came here the first time, the love and support I got from everyone was amazing, and for me to feel that connections with everyone was really important to me.

“And obviously in terms of that connection I had with the fans, the staff and the players, that helped me out on the pitch.

‘For me to develop my career and if I want to do the best in my career, this is the right club for me.’

“It was so comfortable coming the first time, the lads welcoming me and speaking with Brendan and all the staff, the fans and how they treated me, it was almost the easiest transition ever.

“I settled in quite quickly and then playing the games, scoring goals – it was amazing.”

His nine Celtic goals came amid seven starts and 12 sub appearances last term, but Idah isn’t concerned about whether he’s on the pitch for the kick-off or the final whistle.

He said: “I’m here to play games regardless of whether if I’m starting or coming off the bench. The mentality here in this group is unbelievable and everyone wants to win.

“It doesn’t matter who’s playing or who’s starting, everyone supports each other and it will be the exact same this season.

“It’s not about how many games I’m going to start for me, it’s about winning games and scoring goals.

The Irishman, of course, isn’t the only loan Celt to return on a permanent move, the other being Paulo Bernardo.

And both linked up to seal the Double in the last minute of the Scottish Cup final against Rangers when Idah pounced to score when the Portuguese midfielder’s shot was parried by the keeper.

Idah said: “It was unbelievable, probably the greatest moment I’ve had in my career.

'It’s quite hard to describe that feeling. When you see the ball going in the back of the net it was unbelievable.'

“It was obviously a great time but I’m going to have to put that past me now and focus on this season.”

This season delivers UEFA Champions League football to Paradise once more, and the centre-forward added: “I think every young boy and every footballer wants to play in the Champions League.

"It’s the lead level of football and for me now to have that opportunity is unbelievable and I can’t wait to get going.

“We’re going to be playing against top, top teams, but I’ve played international football and played at the top level before.

"Obviously it’s a new challenge for me, but I like a new challenge and I’m looking forward to it.”

It was a renewed self-confidence that helped Idah deliver so many vital goals last season, and he's looking forward to more this term.

He said: “I’m quite confident. The timing of the goals I scored last season was unbelievable, but, for me, the main target is to score as many goals as I can, regardless of what time it is, and my self-confidence is huge.

“I’ve said previously that when I was at Norwich I probably didn’t have that belief, that drive to get going, and since coming to Celtic in January it really boosted me.

“I think people could tell the difference in me from Norwich and when I was at Celtic with that self-confidence, so I think that’s really important.”

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    Tommy25, eire4, Bonobhoy and 2 others like this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Never seen Kyogo in the training footage today so Idah will probably play at the weekend

6. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Delighted that it’s finally been done.Love the guy :celt_2:

Tommy25, The_Bhoy and Bonobhoy like this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Or maybe Kyogo was inside in the gym

8. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    They've got a gym in the physio's room, * * :57:

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

I've been inside the training Centre it's beautiful

Hammy89, eire4 and Celts88 like this.
  10. constant

Great interview by Idah, he is so grounded and self confident, and does not appear to be fazed by anything. I think he will soon become our starter striker going by the bond between him and Brendan, and he will do a lot of damage both in the SPL and Champions League this year, I am sure.

Tommy25, The_Bhoy and Celts88 like this.
  11. Slaw

This kid is going to cement his place in Celtic’s history over the next few years.

Tommy25 and The_Bhoy like this.
  12. Sentinel

I really hope he kicks on and improves this season. Whilst he scored some really important goals and had big moments, I think lots of people here are forgetting some very, very poor touches and shocking finishes as well.

Overall I am really happy with seeing Adam back in the team - he is quite mobile for a big lad, good strength, can finish poacher goals and is decent in the air and I think his hold-up play will improve. Also, an probably most importantly, he has shown he can handle playing for us and really wants to be here.

Still, think just South of £10 million is too much for him, but nowadays it is getting hard to find real bargains.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We know what he can do in a Celtic jersey, for those that feel the fee is excessive, just look at the money we've wasted over the years on projects.

A few positive results in the CL could see us recoup a good few million, it's all swings and roundabouts.

Tommy25, martin_d, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. constant

I've already subtracted the £2M we got for Lawal in my mind.
    So we are really for all intents and purposes, financially speaking, shelled out about £7M for Idah, which I think is about fair for him, given his quality and potential, and he is a battering ram when he gets going, with a bit of speed about him too for such a big guy.

The Prof likes this.
  16. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Adam Idah on his £9.5m move from Norwich to Celtic.....

Rangers sued for £9.5MILLION by former kit supplier as judge orders club to disclose kit sale figures.

Its getting better and better

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So glad this one's over the line, although it should have been concluded sooner. Transfer fees should not mean a jot to players. Do your thing here, enjoy playing in the CL in front of millions and maybe one day, get to one of the the big teams in England/Spain/Germany etc...

Welcome home brother :shamrock:

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Likewise and it most certainly is.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Great to see Idah back where he belongs and this thread back where it belongs too:celt_2:

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo Furuhashi
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Training footage not done on Fridays.