1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hugo Bueno

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by kenyan_bhoy, Jul 25, 2024.

Discuss Hugo Bueno in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I actually cringe at the thought of outsiders peeking in on this forum :giggle1:

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Who ta * in their right mind would be looking at our transfer threads other than us lunatics?:56:

3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

When asked about Beuno, Rodgers said: “Nothing really. I obviously know Hugo from the Premier League and have seen him play. But nothing more on that really.”

4. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Keep the thread on topic & cut out the personal bickering/insults or short-term bans will be getting handed out.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Manager knows him from his previous league/club, pretty much our whole transfer policy, get the welcome thread open

Peej likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    BR defo doesn't see Taylor is first choice going by his latest quotes

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Thebs

I don't think he ever has... Failure by the recruitment side has always forced it. Imagine BRs face if he was told GT would still be his first choice LB over a year later when he first joined.

Crilly and martin_d like this.
  8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not sure I’m keen on this one. Any time I’ve seen him play for wolves he’s looked nothing special. would much prefer an efficiently scouted player from Croatia/denmark/netherlands etc. where we’re not paying starting EPL fees and wages for someone who might see it as a step down in footballing league terms

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This is where I'm at.

We were able to capture guys like Sutton and hartson because we had a competitive wage structure.
    We simply don't anymore, and club is showing zero intentions of even raising it to help us compete in the continental market.

So going for EPL players is an exercise in futility imo.

It's not a market we can compete with anymore. Certainly not for players who have been there for years.

There are markets out there with superb young players we should be looking at, as you say Denmark, Croatia et al. But the disaster that is our scouting dept. once again sees us relying on the managers' past experiences for recruitment, Ange in Japan, and now back to again to Rodgers and the epl.

There's about 3 or 4 posters on here (including Shelby) who could bang you up a list of affordable LB's who would be an upgrade on Taylor, somehow our massive world institution of a football club can't do better than a mate of a mate who lives down the road.

We',re a * mess.

The_Bhoy and henriks tongue like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are hoping to loan Wolverhampton Wanderers' 21-year-old left-back Hugo Bueno, but no agreement is close. The Scottish champions are trying for a season-long loan after failing to land Bueno in January.

Bueno is behind Rayan Ait-Nouri in the pecking order at Molineux, but still featured 25 times in all competitions last season. Wolves have already made it clear to Celtic that they don't want to engage yet, as they are still assessing whether Bueno needs to be sent out for additional minutes. As a result, a loan will only happen later in the window. Wolves are in no rush and could choose to keep Bueno in their senior squad this season.

I obviously know him from his time playing in the Premier League, but I have nothing more to say than that,” Rodgers told GIVEMESPORT

11. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    No Bueno?

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Hugo get your coat.

13. Sgt Neppers*

Shouldn't be waiting around waiting for Wolves to make a decision. We should have other targets that we can progress quickly on now.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are in talks to sign Wolves left-back Hugo Bueno before the window shuts, sources have told Football Insider.

Wolves are willing to loan out the Spaniard to give him regular senior football, while the Hoops are looking to provide cover and competition for Greg Taylor

One concern for the Premier League side is that Taylor is set for imminent talks over a new Celtic contract.

That means that, should a deal be agreed, Bueno would likely be their second choice, which might not provide the amount of football Wolves are hoping for him to get.

The Midlands big hitters want the 21-year-old to play frequently to help him develop quicker, but they will only accept an offer if there is a clear plan in place.

Bueno has Rayan Ait Nouri and Matt Doherty ahead of him at Molineux, so first-team football will be limited next season.

Even though Celtic already have a first-choice left-back under contract, the Hoops want the Spain Under-21 international to provide options for Brendan Rodgers.

The Hoops boasted the best defensive record in the Scottish Premiership last season, which was a significant factor in them winning the league.

Rodgers has restructured things at the back this summer, with Kasper Schmeichel joining the club following Joe Hart’s retirement.

With Celtic looking to compete on all fronts next season, adding further depth to the squad is important for Rodgers.

Bueno would provide Taylor with the necessary, but a deal will depend on how much football the Scottish giants can guarantee him.

15. Bangarangura

Would rather we didn't take players on loan with no buy option

Rydo1888*, Peej, saltire78 and 2 others like this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Looks like he’ll be a stop gap for us until Anderson or Frame are ready.

Sgt Neppers* and JC Anton like this.
  17. themouth1888

Beggars and choosers I suppose but aye Just kicks the can down the road. Plus we are skint so saves us a transfer fee

18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

That should be Bueno signed then, happy days. Major upgrade on the position. Most likely be Taylor as back up and Anderson getting another full season under his belt preferably in our league

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. saltire78

I'm the same, unless they're SO GOOD that it represents a chance to get someone we'd no chance of otherwise, and this guy isn't that...

Bangarangura and henriks tongue like this.
  20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye Football Insider have been on the ball this window, so hopefully a deal is close.

Ideally get a LTB or extended loan, but I really think Anderson can make it here, and I wonder if the club think so too, which is why we're going for a straight loan.

Crilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.