1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Won the league and cups against who? A hun side limping along from year to year? Love dominating Scotland but we can afford to close the gap a bit in Europe and we don’t .

BhoyFitz and thailandceltic like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

You love dominating Scotland, yet turn your nose up at who we beat? Fantastic!

Second part - absolutely need to start doing better in Europe, haven't said otherwise.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think I would explain that with the fact that both Ange and Brendan are much, much better managers than Michael Beale, mate. I think it's been 3 and a half shocking windows and I see no reason to trust the process.

I do have some trust in Rodgers, though.

4. themouth1888

Such a short signed view on things. Yes we have done that domestically but how have we done in Europe?

Our world isn't the SPL. If the money wasn't there then 100% it's all about the league but we have the money now to build a proper infrastructure that will allow us to progress but we seem to be choosing not to do this.

It's very frustrating as buy building that infrastructure the league pretty much takes care of itself.

5. Pacific Ocean Blue

That's just a football forum in general i think lol

HoopyT likes this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

That’s the point though, the club doesn’t do enough and as I said I love us dominating Scottish football that’s not turning my nose up. Don’t see how that could be your conclusion?

7. Mr. Slippyfist

How short sighted?

Whilst the league we compete in is the SPL - it IS our world, whether you are I like it or not.

Again, you're shouting in an empty room, as I haven't said we have been anywhere near good enough in Europe, nor have I said our recruitment etc has been good enough.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Our bread and butter is our domestic league and cups. Quite simply we can only beat what's in front of us. And I for one have absolutely loved our success so far.

The_Bhoy and TheHappyLoss like this.
  9. TheHappyLoss

So have I and I renew my season ticket every season , actually can’t really remember what I disagreed about with you now :giggle1:, but yes think we all agree we can do more. Hopefully by the end of the window the first team has improved.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Don't worry mate, I've done that myself many a time :56::56::56:

Listen, I don't think you'll find a sane individual on the planet who supports Celtic and is completely 100% happy in recent times in regards transfers and our performances in Europe - including the current manager.

I think we can ALL agree we want better and can HAVE better, but as I repeat time and time again recently, despite me understanding folk pessimism, this transfer window is NOT over yet. Same as in a fitba match - do we * the bed after 70/80mins? or do we play until the final whistle!

Let's at the very least see out the window, and THEN by all means criticism or rejoice at how business has been done. I'm personally confident we are behind the scenes working like * to back the manager and upgrade this squad. And I believe he is confident too.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Stephen McGowan

Brendan Rodgers expects Celtic to secure his key transfer targets before the end of the transfer window.

Despite agreeing a reduced £3.5million fee with Benfica for Paulo Bernardo, talks over personal terms are dragging on, while the quest to sign striker Adam Idah from Norwich City has hit a wall.

Rodgers has also targeted Burnley central defender Dara O’Shea and Royal Antwerp winger Michel-Ange Balikwisha before the end of the window and outlined his stance in a meeting with chief executive Michael Nicholson and finance director Chris McKay

‘I had a long meeting with Michael and Chris today, we know the targets we want to bring in,’ revealed the Celtic manager.

Still a long way to go in the window, our concentration is that we know what we want to do, the priority positions we want to improve.

‘While the club is getting on with that, myself and the coaches were really focused on the improvements of this team, physically, tactically and technically.

‘At some point before the end of August, I’d expect us to have the players we want in.’

Portuguese midfielder Bernardo spent last season on loan at Parkhead, with a £6m option to buy built in. Negotiations with Benfica drove the price down to £3.5m in return for a 30-per-cent sell-on clause. The two sides have been edging slowly towards agreement on wages for over a week.

‘There’s nothing new to add, clearly there’s lots of work going on behind the scenes but until there’s any confirmation on it, we’ll let you know,’ said Rodgers.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  12. jvalin

Siegrist gone. Hopefully, Yuki, Gustaf, Shaw, McCarthy to follow. Not sure what to make of Kwon. He had a good game (in limited minutes) against Man City.

13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Smoke and Mirrors once again. This does not bode well.

It’s the wait and see game. We are significantly weaker than last season and this does not fill me with confidence at all.

I think he is going after particular people and if we don’t get them some panic loads will come in.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Do you think other clubs struggle to spend money?

We actively choose not to spend it. It's * infuriating.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

"We expect to have the players we want in before August".

Yeah mate, sounds like complete smoke and mirrors....

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think we wanna get the money for oriley, bring in Bernardo and idah and then basically see how the league looks late in the window. Club appear very anxious not to over extend itself anymore than what's minimally required for domestic success..

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

17. themouth1888

By all accounts the huns are in a bad way.

We can look at this 2 ways. We can either think * get a couple of players in We need and win the league and Europe is a bonus.

Or

Spend a bit more on quality and pull right away form those * and make them irrelevant for the foreseeable future. In theory this should also boost our European play which in turn brings more cash to the club.

I know which option I want but also think I know what option that poisonous toad Lawell would rather take.

turks1888 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I will wait for the we will get them in before the window closes at the end of August.

Or am I being so sceptical due to what’s happened previously…..

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another day of sheer misery for you bud, enjoy :50:

themouth1888 likes this.
  20. themouth1888

Speak of a poisonous toad and he appears.

Have a lovely day