1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon Miller

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 26, 2024.

Discuss Lennon Miller in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

We sign crap like Kwon instead.

Artorias and BhoyFitz like this.
  2. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I think your in the Kwon thread!

BigWilly, Dublin Celt and Artorias like this.
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The thing is though, is he better than Turnbull the now. He'll cost £5million say an likely a minimum of £10k a week, it's quite big money for someone who is unlikely to play. Thats probably more expensive than Hatate and O'Riley when we signed them and we signed them to actually get a game.

We can't really afford that when you think about it. It's more likely an EPL or Championship team sign him and loan him out for a couple of years. Loads of teams there Leeds, Burnley, Leicester, Everton, Villa, Brentford and whoever can throw away £5million and £10k a week on someone they plan to loan to League 1 for a couple of season who might turn out good or not, not really us. We sign starters for that level of money.

I feel like Ange may have signed him, his style is a bit like Aaron Mooy and under Ange the tactics allowed for maybe "lesser" players to do a job in it since it was like heavily tactical and the whole teams style did the business. But under Rodgers thered be heavy pressure for him to carry his weight in defence and attack in midfield and I can't imagine Rodgers wanting to spend big money on someone who he won't be think about playing.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He looks much quicker than Turnbull to me..

I'd be worried if he wasn't quicker than that traffic cone..

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We have hunners in the bank.

We can afford £5m for Lennon Miller. I don't think he'd cost that much though. £4m would probably do it.

If we were a well run club, we'd sign him and have a pathway for him ready to take over Hatate or McGregor's place when they go/decline.

We should be aspiring to be a Brentford. They've actually done well with recruitment. When one player leaves, they've got someone else to step up.

We look around at agents who want to get rid of their rubbish and we're the binmen.

Ryanm1984, BigWilly and martin_d like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

There's no link to us in any case.

Big Shoes and Hammy89 like this.
  7. Dubliner1

This lad is one for the future. We should be signing one of the best Scottish prospects. You would be looking to buy 4 -5 million and then sell on at some point in the future for big money. If not selling him he could be a main stay in the team for future years. A similar signing to John McGinn who we missed out on due to being tight with the purse strings.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's got 2 surnames, it's a naw from me.

Skelleto and Hammy89 like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For awhile I was thinking, like others, what's the point if we aren't gonna play him the game time he needs. We have too many etc.

But the more I hear from Rodgers last week or two, the more I think he would be used reasonably well here.

Rodgers is gonna make the midfield trio a core 6 and a youth or two player.
    I think Miller takes one of the rotational spots easily, but we need the other two guys to be adequate.
    Iwata and Bernardo would be the likely other two at present.
    Lawal, Holm and Kelly have had the gauntlet laid down. Two weeks ago I'd have said miller would be competing his way through them to get to rotation spots, but if Rodgers sees the three of them as not stepping up, then miller clearly has the ability and mindset to do so and be part of the match day squad.

Is go for him, but if MoR was to leave, we need to go after someone else as well.

*, send Kelly or Holm to Motherwell on loan for a year as part of a deal.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Hammy89 and freederry20 like this.
  10. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Names of two Celtic legends though

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

It's hard to tell. Turnbull scored 15 goals in 30 league games for Motherwell at 19, looked like he had bags of potential at Motherwell. Miller will do well to come close to those figures

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Different type of player though tbf

Zander and Hammy89 like this.
  13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Rangers could do with as many steelman as they cant get. Am i right

neilly1987, Artorias and cfcturbo like this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Well true, but i guess the point is, Turnbull looked levels above at Motherwell too.

Tbf talent wise, he's excellent. Just lacked the physicality.

For wht it's worth, I'd sign Miller

Crilly and Hammy89 like this.
  15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I’ve only seen miller a few times and thought he was class. Feel like he could be like a playmaking 6 for us for years to come

Zander likes this.
  16. murphy88

David Murray was quicker than Turnbull. Aye, without the chair.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Think this lad is going to be another player we wished we signed.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's a must sign.

Big Shoes and martin_d like this.
  19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Comparing a 17 year old to a 20 year old (when he signed). Although Turnbull wasnt a huge success, it was still absolutely the right move to sign him and he did have his injury troubles which might have hindered his development.
    The question you should be asking is how good could Miller become, because he is already beginning to show signs of standing out in that team and he has been a standout at Scotland through the youth levels.

Your figures are pure speculation and we would most likely include performance based add ons in any fee. If we didnt sign him this season and he continued to develop at his current trajectory, we would be paying a lot more in both fee and wages next season.

And btw, Mooy wasnt a lesser player by any stretch of the imagination. Had he not got injured he was in contention to be one of our players of the season.

You are making out as if its a punt, but there is enough basis to suggest he is an exceptional talent.

If the option to loan him back wasnt possible, and given Hatates recent injury record, there would be plenty opportunity for Miller to get minutes if he were to sign.

If we dont sign him, he will be the next one that we wish we did. For me we need to move now.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Anyone watching him in the Motherwell V Partick Thistle game?

Had never really seen him before so paying attention this full game to see what he's like.

He does look fairly decent, nice passer of the ball, seems to always curl it into the front of players and keeps it on the ground. Looks fine technically also at controlling it but hasn't really accepted it on the turn or tried to beat men or run with it, just takes it and moves it on in a basic way.

He's took their set pieces, freekicks and corners and delivery from them i'd say pretty poor, been high curled and floaty, no real power or quality in them and half inaccurate and the rest easily dealt with.

He doesn't do much running at all, stayed mostly deep in midfield and doesn't really move about a lot, quite lazy i'd say actually. Not the best at defending either considering he was in that area of the park a lot, left the defending and chasing about to others. I can't even think of a Celtic player in the centre of the park who moved that little even like Turnbull and Mooy i'd say did a bit more drifting and chasing about.

Overall his style reminds me of Ndombele that was at Spurs, in that he seems to react quite slow, doesn't move about or run a lot, takes the ball and moves it on with a nice range of like curling passes along the ground. Although Ndombele oozed class on a ball with his touch and turning and control thats not really the same.

Never took a penalty there either, which was surprising since he took every corner and freekick although was maybe on the 5th but Thistle beat them 3-1, they missed 3 out their 4.

Based on what I seen there he wouldn't get on our bench I don't think. Couldn't imagine him playing over Holm never mind Iwata or Bernardo.

Tommy25 and Hope N Ur Heart like this.