1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kasper Schmeichel

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 12, 2024.

Discuss Kasper Schmeichel in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Sounds like an easy target for a jobby jabber

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Sounds kinky :BR1:

3. saltire78

Hart's issues at those clubs was due to injuries though, wasn't it... He stayed relatively healthy and available to us.

Personally, I think there's little between both, and if any it's probably in Schmeichel's favour, and that's great for us!

The 2 keepers coming in for a combined ~£1M is PHENOMENAL business!

4. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What makes everyone so sure he is signing and that Sinisalo is not our new no.1?

Have there been anything solid? Im away in Slovenia and have not really been up to speed, but how Celtic parade Sinisalo it looks quite vlear to me he is starting?

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He had his medical yesterday. We are just waiting on the club confirming it

Skelleto likes this.
  6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I want to get happy but we have all seen this before. Is there actual pictures/statenents of it happening or just rumours?

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    FabrizioRomano reported it

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The fact sinisalo squad number is 12 and brendan said we got 1 of the Keepers we wanted

The_Bhoy, martin_d and Crilly like this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Aah that was what I wanted to hear. Thx

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Right ya * ye, there's a flight leaving Rome in 2 hours destined for the States. You best be in it.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  13. Nicodemus|FCK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ulrik Rosenløv Laursen
    A huge praise to Celtic fans, Celtic as a club and the city of Glasgow, from former Rangers FC (and FC Copenhagen) goalie, Jesper Christiansen:
    - Schmeichel kommer op til det vildeste publikum | Tipsbladet.dk
    "...
    Der summer nemlig af fodbold derovre, og det kan mærkes, når man betræder hjemmebanen Celtic Park.

Det siger Tipsbladets fodboldekspert Jesper Christiansen, som tydeligt husker, hvordan det er at være på Celtic Park som fodboldspiller. Han besøgte det famøse stadion flere gange som modstander, dengang han spillede for ærkerivalen Rangers i starten af nullerne, og han husker et lydinferno af en anden verden, når 60.000 tilskuere får gang i stemmebåndet.

- Det er det vildeste publikum, han kommer op til. Jeg har stået inde på den bane, og jeg kunne stort set ikke snakke med min sidemakker på grund af den larm, der var på stadion. Han kommer op til et sted med et hjemmepublikum, som er helt fantastisk, siger Jesper Christiansen til Tipsbladet.

Selv om Jesper Christiansen var på kontrakt i Rangers i fire år, så fik han kun fem kampe for Celtics ærkerival. Men det at være professionel fodboldspiller i så fodboldglad en by har gjort et indtryk her månge år efter.

- Jeg var nok blevet deroppe i mange flere år, hvis jeg havde spillet noget mere, for livet udenfor banen var fantastisk. Det skotske mindset er meget afslappet, og folkefærdet er meget hjælpsomme og vil en det bedste.

- De er ligeglade med, om du kører i store biler som fodboldspiller. Hvis du passer dit arbejde godt, så under de dig det bedste, og det var fantastisk oplevelse at være i Skotland og Glasgow, lyder det fra Jesper Christiansen. "..."

Translated:
    "... There is a buzz of football over there, and you can feel it when you enter Celtic Park, the home ground.

That's what Tipsbladet's football expert Jesper Christiansen says, who clearly remembers what it's like to be at Celtic Park as a footballer. He visited the famous stadium several times as an opponent when he played for arch-rivals Rangers in the early days of the Zeros, and he remembers a sound inferno of another world when 60,000 spectators get their vocal cords going.

- It's the wildest audience he meets. I have stood inside that pitch and I could hardly talk to my teammate because of the noise that was in the stadium. He gets to a place with a home crowd which is absolutely fantastic, says Jesper Christiansen to Tipsbladet.

Although Jesper Christiansen was under contract at Rangers for four years, he only got five games for Celtic's arch-rival. But being a professional footballer in such a football-loving city has made an impression here many years later.

- I would probably have stayed up there for many more years if I had played a bit more, because life outside the pitch was fantastic. The Scottish mentality is very relaxed and the people are very helpful and want the best.

- They don't care if you drive big cars as a footballer. If you take good care of your work, they will see the best in you, and it was a fantastic experience to be in Scotland and Glasgow, says Jesper Christiansen. "..." High praise from a former opponent in blue...

14. Nicodemus|FCK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ulrik Rosenløv Laursen
    He has gotten a lot of criticism, from people who wants his Protege at Leicester, to play at the national team... (Mads Hermansen) But he's been rock solid and a leader on the pitch and absolutely not looking like a pensioner... A lot of people around FC Copenhagen, hoped we signed him, we signed Nathan Trott (West Ham talent) instead

Rydo1888*, Mr Shelby and Twisty like this.
  15. saltire78

Player himself is talking about a project that he's buying into. Seems pretty clear that he thinks he's on a long-term plan, and is cool with that. Not that he won't be going for 1st place straight out of the door, but more that he's prepared to be patient in the bigger picture

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m no expert and this is the only game I watched in the Euros wholeheartedly rather than in the background so might have been the exception but he was excellent vs Germany I think.

We weren’t even linked to him at that point and can remember thinking good to see he’s still got it. Always liked him ever since he was on loan at Falkirk, was good against us there and always been very respectful about the league and what he got out performing in it as a young keeper.

I like this signing, the Joe Hart shaped hole in the squad experience wise I didn’t think we could replace, but Kaspar for a year whilst training up his replacement. Even if he ends up number 2 fairly quickly for the other keeper we’ve brought in, him being there will help a young keeper and we can rely on him coming in. But I think he’ll be the number 1 right away, but I’ve bought into the soundbites of this other keeper and have high hopes

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Cool. Cheers mate sounds promising.

If he can give us 1 good season I'm sure we'd all take that. 2 at a push

Blochairnbhoy and Liam Scales like this.