1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tomas

Sign both Idah and Miovski

cidermaster, oh bhoy, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Why would we make our money back on Miovski and not Idah? Miovski will also cost £5m plus. I don’t think it will cost us £8m for Idah, the figure will probably be around the £6m mark.

I also couldn’t give a * if we didn’t make our money back. I want good players to come in and Idah showed he was a good player for us. He’s just turned 23, had a cracking spell here where he scored some big goals for us. Not every signing has to be made with the intention of punting them out the door for profit in a couple of years time.

I like Miovski as well but it’s completely different playing for us and playing for Aberdeen. Idah has shown he can play for us and perform well, Miovski is still a risk.

Crilly likes this.
  3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

In fairness Idah was the better striker of the two during his time here in this system… so not mental to think he could push kyogo out but we’re definitely weaker without him. We wouldn’t have won the league or cup without him basically

BhoyFitz, The_Bhoy, honda and 2 others like this.
  4. kenniemk2

Remember that time because of epl of course we had to accept norwich buying our striker and their was nothing we could do about it …. Oh how the tables have turned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Kyogo has been * most this season. 14 goals considering the minutes he got as a celtic striker is shocking. Wouldn't take much to push him out the side if he continues like that.

AdamRS likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A tad Harsh..

He still scored important goals, CL & v The Huns..

His form wasn't great that's agreed.. however as been said so often, we fail to pick him out and really don't play to his strengths.

Idah has been excellent, his performance v Killie away was sensational, unplayable.. and he has scored important goals too. I hope we sign him..

Kyogo is a more natural finisher though and I hope we learn to play better to his strengths.

Both give us excellent options.. and I hope we add a 3rd striker who can play wide, maybe Mathias Kvistgaarden.

7. kenniemk2

Can be argued that without his goals we dont get 6 points against rangers which effectively pushed us to title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BhoyFitz and JC Anton like this.
  8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Norwich want him in for pre season on Monday. Looking for £8m for him apparently said it weeks ago thanks big man but * sake celtic move on this one ain't happening anytime soon

Mad Peter o'rouke claiming he has told Norwich he wants to leave. Sure that story was running a month ago

10. john2061

Agree Celtic should give Norwich a take it or leave it offer and move on if nothing agreed in the coming week but still can't believe there's still not one signing in especially the goalkeeper knowing Joe Hart was leaving.
    Even myself is getting frustrated with the board and the lack of movement on players especially with the league season less than 4 weeks away it's * * hour from this board .

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song

Eaten bread, soon forgotten.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ziggy and JC Anton like this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Knapper on Adam Idah: He's a fantastic player, and in winter he had one of the best goals per minute ratios in Europe. He's a proven goalscorer at Championship level and did very well at Celtic. He's a full international who'd home grown and has come through the system.

Crowd claps when he says he's exactly the type of player that excites him

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Idah has told them that he wants to move to us.

That's the only way we get him tbh

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/interv...johannes-hoff-thorup-celtic-target-adam-idah/

Johannes Hoff Thorup has reiterated he wants Celtic transfer target Adam Idah to be part of his Norwich City pre-season plans

Fresh reports surfaced on Monday night Idah has made his desire to return to Parkhead clear to City’s top brass.

But both Thorup and sporting director Ben Knapper, speaking at a fans’ forum held in Norwich earlier in the evening, talked up Idah’s importance to the Canaries ahead of the Championship kick-off.

The Republic of Ireland international is now back at Colney for pre-season testing, after winning a league and cup double with the Bhoys in a productive loan stint.

Celtic chief, Brendan Rodgers, refused to be drawn on the prospects of a summer reunion with Idah, when questioned prior to the weekend, but the position from his parent club remains unchanged.

Knapper told supporters in attendance the 23-year-old is an 'exciting' talent, and Thorup added he wants to run the rule over the forward in the upcoming friendlies.

See it from another perspective,” said the Dane, speaking to the Pinkun afterwards. “Imagine that he was a striker in another club with his track record, with his history, academy background and so on. What would we say about him? We would say he is a quite an interesting striker, I would guarantee.

“It will be wrong for me to say that we cannot spend time on him, or we should not give him a fair chance as well. I hope that he will find that the way we do things now will also encourage him, and will also give him the feeling that, ‘Okay this is the right place for me’.

"That's the ambition for now, because I think he's a good player with some good qualities and it could definitely be a striker for us

19. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Canna even get a player from * Norwich.

Champions league club, conference league attitude

20. oh bhoy

right move on then ,dont * about summer when they have no intention of selling him

Blochairnbhoy likes this.