1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That's what I thought, but never knew if it was this year or next, and when I saw the piece, it was a Celtic site thing.

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Never really given an opportunity to develop though, that's the issue. How can we expect him to playing Lowland league with 5 minutes here or there for the main team.
    We shouldn't beg but we need to give these kids a reason to stay. I think a big part in many failing when they leave us is because we fail them from a young age.

3. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

The lowland league argument is a good one to be fair, no arguments from me in regards to how much it hinders our youth players.

That being said, I would be much more upset if Kelly left, he’s looked far more capable in the first team and Celtic B in my opinion. Personally I just don’t think Vata is half as talented as him and his dad want everyone to believe, I just don’t see it.

Remind me of this conversation in 2 years time and we’ll see if he’s nearer Motherwell or a champions league team … I know what my moneys on.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The bigger issue is the message it sends to younger players, it's no wonder they leave in their droves.. the pathway to the first team is near impossible.

Bob Loblaw and Westlondonscot like this.
  5. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The reason the pathway to the first team is limited because the jump from lowland league to first team is enormous. There is no reserve team football when there should be.

Regards giving youngsters a chance, what happens when we drop points or lose a cup tie with a full first team out on the pitch? The fans lose their * (especially the Social Media Steins and Keyboard Klopps) and crucify every single mistake.

There are very few exceptions where a youngster is so good that he can be integrated into the first team set up, but the pressure the supporters put on the manager and team to win everything means that the manager will take as little risk as possible.

On the one hand we are demanding new signings whilst also wanting youngsters to be given their chance too.

That’s the conundrum

This young boy has done nothing of note on his limited opportunities and may feel that a move is in his best interests. Good luck to him.

Pogues and buchanbhoy like this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

Either our coaching team don’t know a good player when they see one or he ain’t very good. Suspect it’s the latter. Rarely featured for us.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We could arrange loans, we don't arrange many.
    There are many games where we can't give players time but you have 9 subs, if we are 3 up why aren't they coming on and getting time. I'd say some of them are just as deserving of time as Tilio, Holm or Yang.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I agree and I don’t.

I agree we don’t offer enough opportunities to young players. Maybe we offer them loans and they reject them.

But we aren’t the reason they go on to fail. They leave young enough, that’s on them. Maybe they just aren’t that good to begin with.

9. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree. The loans for Ajer and wee greedy jug ears worked a treat.

Unfortunately last season we had very few games when we were in the comfort zone to bring on the young guys. Kuhn is meh, Yang is a dud, Tilio is a Subutteo player. I’d much rather see our youngsters than any of them.

We had more opportunity to give the young guys a go under Ange, but last season was a slog for a long time.

10. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Will be glad to see the back of him, hope he enjoys being the next feruz and karamoko

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    But we don't even have them on the bench if we are cruising.
    Your distaste for youth who want to get game time is strange.

HoopyT likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic and Republic of Ireland Under-21 midfielder Rocco Vata is in advanced talks regarding a move to Watford.

The 19-year-old is set to join the Championship club on a free transfer after failing to agree terms on a new deal at Celtic Park.

The Scottish Premiership champions would be due compensation in the region of £250,000 if the transfer is completed.

Talks are at an advanced stage with the final details on a four-year contract being discussed.

Vata made one first-team appearance for Brendan Rodgers' side last season. He played 45 minutes for the Republic of Ireland Under-21s in their 2-2 draw with England Under-20s earlier this month.

Watford and Celtic have been approached for comment.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Agreed.

In any case, hope this is done soon. Sick to death of hearing about him.

Morcombe and MacEwan like this.
  14. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    He doesn't want to be here, so * him

SK89 likes this.
  15. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Very true, * him, He has been told by his own father that it is better to stay at Celtic and develop, sad to see another one of the youth leave us but his attitude stinks so * him!

Morcombe likes this.
  16. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    * sake

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Don't mind tbh, I don't think he's good enough. Always looked just okay

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Thought he looked decent.

Disappointed that we're not keeping youngsters at the club because we're not giving them enough chances unless your name rhymes with Nikey Mohnston.

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    2 managers he's failed to convince so makes you wonder if hes got a stinky attitude or just not very good

The only young player recently that looked like the real deal was Doak and he was poached away before he even made the break through

20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    The pathway to the 1st team is near impossible bcoz we have been champions 12 of the last 13 seasons.

We are not a mid table team like Motherwell who can give raw 18 years old 20 - 30 games.

We have better players in the 1st team so it's gonna be harder to get in in the 1st place and unlike vast majority of clubs there isn't really much scope to develop young players due to the must win every game demands on the manager. Even having someone like Vata on the bench means leaving a £3m player like Palma in the stands, it's not practical.

What we do need to do much much better is create a pathway for talented 18 years olds to play 1st team football at a far higher standard than the pishy lowland league

JC Anton and blackfish like this.