1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official GAA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gabriel, Dec 6, 2014.

Discuss The Official GAA thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * the link won't work for me. Not an issue on your end with the link it just won't let me see it as I am stuck here in the US so I am not allowed see it. I will find it elsewhere no doubt though.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    VPN old bean. My one lets me watch rte from the UK!

An Madadh Rua and eire4 like this.
  4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thanks forgot about that. Hadn't used one in a fair while.

5. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    I'm very sorry about that. I just didn't think about location restrictions. I did find it on YouTube so you should be able to get it handily enough. As an aside, Peter Canavan former Tyrone player and diver, spoke very well at the protest in February ahead of the Derry v Tyrone league game. Last time I will praise a Tyrone man... unless Mickey Harte conjures up a miracle on Sunday.

si=djIrsOt3tbIp1spn

Gabriel and eire4 like this.
  6. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Thanks NakamuraTastic.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. murphy88

Was over a few weeks ago and ended up going to the game against Armagh. First GAA game I’d been to. Rebels over the tannoy at half time. That’ll do for me.

An Madadh Rua likes this.
  8. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    It's the same every home game, even during the league games. Atmosphere is great, especially under lights. Only downside is they always play a song for opposition supporters. Booo. :giggle1: Can I take it you will be supporting Derry from now on?

9. murphy88

Coincidentally we had actually stayed in Armagh the night before we travelled to Derry, then by chance they were playing each other so just decided to go along. I was supporting Derry though so that’s the decision made now ;). Derry were well beaten that day though. Got engaged in Derry also and plan on making a few more visits this year.

10. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Congratulations. That's fantastic. A nice city in which to get engaged. I've grown fond of Derry city over recent years even though our record there is very patchy. Yes, Armagh were the better team on the day. I think you picked our worst performance in recent years. Glad you're on board the Doire Express and congratulations again. I hope you enjoy your visits later this year.

murphy88 likes this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You know you may yet have to do just that. Kerry are favourites and justly on recent form but I think you have a real shot. I think it will be close heading into the final 15 minutes and then the question becomes do your lads have the depths of stamina and the mental strength and know how to get over the line when its tight late on.

Thanks for the youtube version. Again your a class act to even go to the trouble to do that. I am not one for social media but youtube is very much my go to when I am looking for something and that is exactly where I planed on looking for it today but you have done it for me:50:

12. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    You're very welcome. I hope it plays for you. If it is tight going into the last 15 minutes, I think the exertions of Mayo may count against us. Anyway, I will travel in hope. I will get to Croke Park early for my pre-match routine, which this time might include shouting abuse at the referee during his warm up. :giggle1: Nothing like a parent embarrassing the children even if they are all adults by now.

13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Poor from Dublin. Hopefully Kerry out tomorrow

cfcturbo likes this.
  14. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Thats * mad galway were 4 down at half time.mental

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thats second half was truly awful no question about it. Even in the first half when we were in control we still were no great shakes then either. Sad day for us but myself probably like most looked on last summer as the last dance for this Dublin team so to speak. So I am not overly shocked at the loss. I just am a bit surprised that in the end it was our lack of cutting edge up front rather then been exposed at the back that we got caught on.
    All great things have to come to an end at some point though and without doubt this era just past now will go down as not just the greatest Dublin team of all time but the greatest gaelic football team of all time.

Congratulations to Galway they hung in there and punished us right at the end there so well done to them. Will look forward to hopefully a really good game tomorrow between Kerry and Derry and hopefully another upset and a Derry win. Hopefully Donegal and Louth will give us some magic as well in their match also.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024 at 11:05 PM
    cfcturbo likes this.
  16. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Awful football but we're still in it. C'mon Derry.

17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Terrible from Derry. It was there's for the taking if they went for it.

Donegal will need a big improvement if they want to a place in the final though given where they were last year not getting knocked out in the 1st round in Ulster is a good year and anything after is a bonus

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Harte's time is up maybe Dooher might become available to take his place:67:

19. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Thought we were very flat. Felt Kerry were there for the taking but we were sloppy in possession, no real intensity to our defending and very evident lack of movement in our forward line. Would be tempted to try Glass in the half forward line next year. Not a great end to the season but I am still grateful to our players for some great times over the last three years. Other counties can take quarter finals and semis for granted. We can't. Six quarter finals in 24 years and three of them in the last three. Didn't really expect us to win but you have to be there for the team regardless. We will go again next year.

One more day out left, next Sunday in Omagh to cheer for our minors' going for back to back AIs. Doire Abú.

Gabriel likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Disappointing game all round really. I wanted Derry to win but regardless wanted to see a good game and instead we got another drab affair. I really hope the bigger rule chances which favour attacking play are in place for next season because there has been very few games this season that were genuinely fun to watch IMHO.