1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your music you've made

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Landry N'guemo, Jan 16, 2024.

Discuss Share your music you've made in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I've been making tunes since age 14 and i'm hoping to start a conversation with likeminded people and possibly hear some of your work. Im trying to learn more about my craft and ideally I would love to do a joint project with someone in the future. After sharing my music I got discouraged, good friends would tell me its not their sort of thing and others have straight up told me its pure *. But i appreciate the honesty and i learn about my own uniqueness and keep going.

I use reason 12 and here is my latest tune, it may sound quite repetitive but Im really liking my piano at the end, i just draw the notes into patterns, maths involved

I would love to hear your work any genre is interesting to me.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  3. stew37

Not bad mate. I listen to all sorts of stuff, and probably listen to more electronica type music than anything else. I've never gotten round to actually making/producing anything. See with your set up, what hardware/equipment do you use if don't mind my asking?

Landry N'guemo likes this.
  4. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  5. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Thanks mate. I use reason 12. Back in the day when I first started out I was using reason 3 so I've stuck with the same DAW for years, but there are plenty of options to choose especially if you love to make electronica type music. You need an audio interface to connect everything, get some good headphones, speakers aren't a priority but eventually you want some studio monitors to see how your tunes sound proper. I don't personally use a midi keyboard, though its your call.
    Its a lot of doe to spend at once so i'd start with the essentials, a decent pc or laptop should easily run a DAW like reason 12 or Ableton. The latter is a good place to start because I think you buy it outright rather than a subscription (reason cost £200 a year) so if you committed to it then you could gradually keep investing if you felt like it over time
    Its good for mental health to create things, i'd recommend also watching youtube vids about your DAW and keep looking for solutions if you have an obstacle.
    I hope iv'e not left any important bits.

My setup isn't major but Its a good few years of investing.

Audio interface: Solid state logic 2+
    Studio monitors: Yamaha hs8
    And a pc, basically that's it mate tbh i'm looking over at my setup and that's all i use. Unfortunately i cant post pics or links but i might show you my setup sometime.

Thanks for asking @stew37 anymore questions at any point I'd be more than happy to help out.:50:

6. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That's really nice mate, the melody is right up my street and i've actually heard it before, was it originally Tom Jones?. I've heard a hiphop cover of this also. Did you record in a studio?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

My mate made this. He's always been musical, was in a band in his early days. I think it's great. Not usually my cup of tea but it hits home.

Artorias, stew37 and Landry N'guemo like this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

All the music is him alone then a female vocalist.

9. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Hi m8 and thanks was Kenny rogers that released it so thought I would try it. Recorded it in a studio in motherwell

10. stew37

A few of my pals have really good setups, making electronica and techno etc. it's something I'd always had at the back of my mind but never gotten round to. Might look into getting some kind of basic setup.

Closest I got was Music on the playstation back in the day. :56:

Used to work out basic baselines and keys of old dance tunes and make my own versions. Was obviously pretty limited but it was good fun, and reckon I'd be alright at it. I was always OK with beat matching and mixing etc with my old decks, but something I just fell away from.

11. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    yea man take your time and its not too complicated either too start with. Same idea as PlayStation just much better with what you can do. Before my time bedroom producers were using atari's to make loops, now there's no limits to what you can layer on top. If you can work out tones and notes without knowing * all about written music then you are learning by ear same as me. Now i can draw complex patterns that sound alright. Its good fun mate hopefully your pals can inspire and encourage also because its good to have a buzz. A mate of mine used to rap, hes a fitness instructor now and I want to see if hes still got our old tunes. Its good because you make tunes for life and they should last along time.

stew37 likes this.
  12. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  13. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    New tune out