1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luke McCowan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jun 14, 2024.

Discuss Luke McCowan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He is not near Hatate, Calmac and Oriley and our ambition should always be to strengthen. We wont get much better than Matt obviously, but we should get better for the starting XI to put Hatate on the bench instead. McGowan is not the answer.

Crilly likes this.
  2. Crilly Hakuhna matata

That’s what I’m saying mate we need upgrades to startint 11 but I was saying even people talking about him being a good squad player I’d rather play kelly and lawal etc

Skelleto likes this.
  3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Yeah i agree with you :50:

Crilly likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bring him home..

5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He's a very late developer. Never played pro-youth as far as I'm aware and went straight to Ayr from his * team in Greenock. I think there probably is some improvement still in him.

6. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    lets remember brown was all but done until Rodgers worked with him there's always room for improvement

Mickmac, Big Shoes and 10/4 Kemosabe like this.
  7. mayo

Decent player but surely we should be aiming higher

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Its players like that who have kept at it and done it the hard way, which shows a lot of character.

Mickmac likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tony Docherty insists Dundee have received no summer bids for any of their star players – including Celtic-linked Luke McCowan

McCowan has been the subject of transfer speculation this close season, with a report crediting the Scottish champions with an interest in snapping him up.

But Dee boss ‘Doc’ revealed the Dark Blues have received no firm bids for McCowan, nor any other player.

It’s a situation that suits the Dens Park manager down to the ground.

However, he recognises speculation is an inevitable product of success, and he believes McCowan should be proud of it

There is speculation all the time,” said Docherty.

“I take it and Luke should take it as a huge pat on the back for the season he had.

““There are other players who have had very good seasons. The nature of the game is that when you are doing well you will attract suitors.”

He added: “We have not had any bids. Not that I am aware of.

When we came into the building [Luke] changed from a winger to a midfielder and things have happened for him.

“Things happen and develop but Luke McCowan is a Dundee player and I am loving working with him and hopefully that continues.”

McCowan returned to pre-season training with his Dundee team-mates this week.

The Dark Blues are getting stuck into some intensive physical work ahead of their summer trip to Poland next month.

And for Docherty, the presence of 26-year-old midfield talisman McCowan, who remains seemingly unaffected by all the Celtic talk, is a huge boost to his group.

“He is back in and is the life and soul,” said Docherty

He is my wee social guy, organising things. We have a social event on Friday, we are golfing after three hard days of pre-season.

“It is important we maintain that harmony and he is at the heart of that.

“You wouldn’t know anything different with Luke. He comes in, does his job and gets on with it.

“That is why he is such a brilliant personality and such an infectious personality in that dressing room

“He is going to attract attention, of course he is, but he is a Dundee player and that is the way things are.”

Discussions on a new contract were opened between the club and McCowan some months ago.

Those, says, Docherty, are ongoing.

“It is something we have discussed with him and we are in talks at the moment,” he said.

“We are still in discussions with regards that and we will see how it progresses.”