1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Sorry if the collage is a bit much, but starting to shift a good bit of the lockdown weight now and hopefully a couple more kgs to come. Run times are improving too, but I find it hard to get good results with running and lifting simultaneously.
    Based my year's targets on being 80kg at the start of the year (75 the now) and was hoping to hit bodyweight bench, 1.5x bodyweight squat and 2x bodyweight deadlift. Will just keep ticking boxes and see where I end up.

Attached Files:

Callum McGregor and jj81 like this.
  2. jj81

Superb mate , well done

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Quickest 5k in a while tonight!

Attached Files:

Saul Goodman likes this.
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Will keep this as short as I can.
    I've lost about 15-20kg and think my arms are starting to look a bit skinny, so I've started adding more arm stuff into my workouts and focusing on eating more protein. Pretty happy with my weight now and can see my abs a wee bit but still got some stubborn belly fat I want shifted. Been doing weights in gym 3x a week and running 30k most weeks and have gradually increased my calories from 2100 odds to 2500 (this week) incrementally and thinking of scaling back the running too.
    Hoping the more modest cal deficit from less running and more protein/cals/arm stuff will help me build them up a bit again but dunno if I'm changing too much and is it counter productive with trying to still shift a wee bit of belly fat?
    Any advice much appreciated, cheers!

5. Sween

15-20kgs is incredible, well done!

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If anyone struggles with a sweet tooth/cravings and binges chocolate like me, I’d recommend giving food pairing a go.

Normally if I was craving chocolate I’d be liable to eat a full share bar in the one sitting, feel utter * after and then want more food an hour later and end up eating even more calories. Now I’m throwing two/three lines of the bar into a bowl of Greek Style natural yoghurt with a few strawberries and flaxseed thrown on top.

Still quite a few calories in what I’m eating but I’ve killed the craving for chocolate and feel like I am actually satisfied because I’m eating it with nutrient dense food, so end up swerving anything else for the evening and eat less calories overall.

Slaw and neilly1987 like this.
  7. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Been the heaviest I’ve ever been really, struggled with injuries the last couple of years which has held me back massively but time to crack on now. Got myself spin bike for the garage which I’ve been hitting hard, noticing the fitness levels sky rocket already tbh… been back playing 11 asides with a team as well and starting to notice the sharpness coming back (slowly) gonna give this dry July a bash also and see how much that helps but aye hoping to get back to 80kg and get some muscle back

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Half marathon pb last night!

Attached Files:

Slaw likes this.
  9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Sub 20 5k tonight!

Attached Files:

Saul Goodman likes this.
  10. stew37

Back has gone again. Been having issues for a few years, Docs have said it seems to be trapped nerve the last time. Suggested specific stretches and making sure to be more active. I was already fairly active in terms of walking, get out big treks fairly regularly but this year been at gym 3 times a week, twice with a PT so been focusing on the back and stretches, but still having issues. Very * demoralising.

Patched the gym after work yesterday because I could feel it going a bit, so just walked home to keep it loose, then this morning it's gone again while getting dressed. I've lost a stone since starting the training, could still lose some more but not massively out of shape so not sure what else to do or what else the doc or physio is going to do. I'm going to phone them Monday but it's starting to really * with me.

11. Ľubomír1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

View from top of Ben Nevis was lovely yesterday. Nice bit snow and torrential rain as well.

Five and half hour up and down. A real slog towards the end :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Did something called the Man City workout last week
    115 Burpees
    115 press ups
    115 plate squats

neilly1987 and Callum McGregor like this.