1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Racists Jailed

Discussion in 'World Football' started by jake10, Jun 11, 2024.

Discuss Racists Jailed in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    If only this could happen in the best wee sectarian country …

I'm a tormentor of racists - Vinicius Jr on jailed abusers

Real Madrid forward Vinicius Jr says he is a "tormentor of racists" after three Valencia fans were sentenced to eight months in prison for abusing him at a match.

The racist chants were aimed at Vinicius during a La Liga game at Valencia's Mestalla Stadium on 21 May 2023.

The fans were found guilty of a "crime against moral integrity" with "aggravating circumstance of discrimination based on racist motives".
    I'm not a victim of racism. I am a tormentor of racists. This first criminal conviction in the history of Spain is not for me. It's for all black people," Vinicius posted on X.
    This first criminal conviction in the history of Spain is not for me. It's for all black people," Vinicius posted on X.

"May other racists be afraid, ashamed and hide in the shadows. Otherwise, I'll be here to collect. Thank you to La Liga and Real Madrid for helping with this historic conviction."

It is the first time that a conviction for racism at a football match in Spain has been handed out and was a direct result of a complaint filed by La Liga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c977plv56d9o

thailandceltic likes this.
  2. Onefootwonder

Not before time. Racism in Spanish football is bad and they've been publicly shamed into taking action.

thailandceltic likes this.